What would you like to see in Season 3?

Started by SOWTOJ, 2012 May 23, 11:52:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 30, 00:02:09
Only Twilight, Celestia, Luna, and Cadance could use the teleport spell and they could never go far with it

Not to be rude, but how did you come up with that?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 30, 15:50:04
Only Twilight, Celestia, Luna, and Cadance could use the teleport spell and they could never go far with it

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Luna or Cadence teleport. The only teleport-like thing Celestia has done that I know of was in S1E2 when she appeared at the end from a ball of light coming from the sun.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

She could've been busy moving the sun and flew down to ponyville afterwards. I also have my own evidence to prove they can't teleport far, Why do they have to use chariots? There's also this scene,

Crystal Chaos

Blues-Music

No there is a distance limit to the teleport spell thats why they use chariots.

Crystal Chaos

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 30, 16:02:47
Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 30, 15:50:04

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Luna or Cadence teleport. The only teleport-like thing Celestia has done that I know of was in S1E2 when she appeared at the end from a ball of light coming from the sun.
showing up in Lesson Zero?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

SOWTOJ

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 30, 16:02:47

Also, in S2E3 at the end, after she says "I am expecting some mail" and takes off, she teleports immediately after that. And, although you don't see it in that same episode, I'm pretty sure she teleports to Twilight's location after receiving the letter from Spike.

Coco Bean

I would Love to see Flim and Flam return. :D
..... What? They are best ponies.

~WHAT THE PICKLE IS GOING ON HERE?! I COULD FEEL THE CUTENESS FROM MY HOUSE.
~Deviant Art: http://laurenthehero.deviantart.com/

Repor Fixup

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 02, 04:31:36
An episode on death and dealing with it, whether a pet or a random animal or even a character.  It's a difficult topic, but I think children can not only handle it, they should be exposed to it in order to help them cope with it early on.

Despite how sad an episode like that would be, I have to agree with you on that one. Something like that would not only teach children to deal with death, but it would also add an interesting plot twist to the show.
Thanks for the drawing, Tiger.

I love to fly around and fix things with my hammer.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Coco Bean on 2012 Jul 03, 21:39:36
I would Love to see Flim and Flam return. :D
..... What? They are best ponies.

A new invention, maybe a few new identities  0:)

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Repor Fixup on 2012 Jul 04, 19:36:05
An episode on death and dealing with it, whether a pet or a random animal or even a character.  It's a difficult topic, but I think children can not only handle it, they should be exposed to it in order to help them cope with it early on.

Despite how sad an episode like that would be, I have to agree with you on that one. Something like that would not only teach children to deal with death, but it would also add an interesting plot twist to the show.

It may seem like a good topic, but it wouldn't seem right once on air though. Look at the shows Tara Strong did, like Powerpuff Girls or The Kids Next Door, at the most they we're either captured or in huge trouble, but no death. Something like death shouldn't really be introduced to a show with a audience with the age of 5+. If they wanted to introduce death to a cartoon and make it feel normal for any show, they should of done that a long time ago.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 05, 07:45:46 #312 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 05, 07:47:18 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jul 05, 07:33:20

It may seem like a good topic, but it wouldn't seem right once on air though. Look at the shows Tara Strong did, like Powerpuff Girls or The Kids Next Door, at the most they we're either captured or in huge trouble, but no death. Something like death shouldn't really be introduced to a show with a audience with the age of 5+. If they wanted to introduce death to a cartoon and make it feel normal for any show, they should of done that a long time ago.

Well, there are Disney cartoon movies that have death in them, though.

The Lion King - Simba's dad dies, and it's implied that Scar gets eaten alive by hyenas
Tarzan - The whole plot is due to Tarzan being orphaned by a jaguar. At the end, you see the silhouette of the bad guy having been hanged by vines
The Princess and the Frog -
Spoiler: show
Sometime during the timeskip from the main character's childhood and "present day", her father died. The bad guy gets dragged into hell, and the main characters' lightning bug friend got stomped on by the bad guy and dies. They even have a funeral for the bug

Mulan - Chang discovers that his father died on a battlefield, and I'm pretty sure the villain dies at the end

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 05, 07:45:46

The Lion King - Simba's dad dies, and it's implied that Scar gets eaten alive by hyenas
Tarzan - The whole plot is due to Tarzan being orphaned by a jaguar. At the end, you see the silhouette of the bad guy having been hanged by vines
Sometime during the timeskip from the main character's childhood and "present day", her father died. The bad guy gets dragged into hell, and the main characters' lightning bug friend got stomped on by the bad guy and dies. They even have a funeral for the bug

Mulan - Chang discovers that his father died on a battlefield, and I'm pretty sure the villain dies at the end

Yeah, but these are movies. If someone ever died on the show, we'd have to live on with it for seasons to come.
P.S. I did cry when the father died in The Lion King this movie is one of my favorites.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jul 05, 07:56:17

Yeah, but these are movies. If someone ever died on the show, we'd have to live on with it for seasons to come.
P.S. I did cry when the father died in The Lion King this movie is one of my favorites.

would it be a bad thing for the show if they had an orphan story?

Like Land Before Time with Littlefoot's mother, episode 1
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Midnight Star

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 06, 19:55:27
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jul 05, 07:56:17

would it be a bad thing for the show if they had an orphan story?

Like Land Before Time with Littlefoot's mother, episode 1

While I think the idea is great and educational, I think an orphan would create a character, that children will get attached  to, similar to CMC and so on, and I'm not sure if they want to create another secondary main char..

The Wandering Magus

maybe the orphan story IS one of the existing characters :]

The Apple Family's parents, Scootaloo's parents, Fluttershy's parents, Rainbow Dash's parents, etc.  Anypony who doesn't have an attested canonical parent.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 06, 20:13:47

The Apple Family's parents, Scootaloo's parents, Fluttershy's parents, Rainbow Dash's parents, etc.  Anypony who doesn't have an attested canonical parent.

Pinkie's parents? :) Pinkie doesn't even live with her family, she lives with her employers. Or... O: What if the Cakes adopted her?!

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 06, 20:23:28

Pinkie's parents? :) Pinkie doesn't even live with her family, she lives with her employers. Or... O: What if the Cakes adopted her?!

Pinkie PIE lives with the CAKE's. Perhaps they're related.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jul 06, 20:27:46
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 06, 20:23:28

Pinkie PIE lives with the CAKE's. Perhaps they're related.

She calls them Mr. and Mrs. Cake. If they were, say, her aunt and uncle, wouldn't she call them Uncle Cake and Aunt Cake instead?

Go Up