Tooth of the Matter (Open Mystery RP in Canterlot)

Started by friedbeaver, 2014 Dec 12, 00:19:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

friedbeaver

The castle lights seemed ever so distant as Finders Keepers locked his shop. Checking the lock and giving it a nice tug, he made his way upstairs. It was odd, having been a merchant for over a dozen or so years, that such habits as taking out his fake teeth had become second nature.

Slipping the teeth in his cup, he made sure to take careful note of the tiny speck of gold among the molars. Ahh, he'd never forget that tooth for quite some time.

"Well, off to night I suppose."

--------------------------

The morning came and as Finders woke up, he felt something was off. For one thing, the door was ajar. He could've sworn he closed it. And another...

"My tooth! What the hay happened to my tooth!"

annosrules

Back from an important expedition, Blazing Legend decides to restock his studio. Upon his approach of a promising looking shop, he hears a frightened yell from it's upper apartment. Blaze starts knocking loudly on the locked door as to gain the attention of the stores inhabitants.

friedbeaver

Only the lock wasn't locked. The door had been left ajar, as if whoever had left had left in a big hurry. In fact, there was the faint sound of hoofsteps departing down the gravel sidewalk.

annosrules

Blaze opens the door and calls out, "Hello? Is everything alright?"

LostSanity

((Is this a one-on-one RP or is it open? I have a Ace Attorney/Detective Pony OC I could use in this...))

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

friedbeaver

(Open to all, bring him along!)

Finders Keepers ran forward, nearly tripping on his own hooves. "Oh ma! Oh ma! Tarable!" He sputtered.

"My tooth's gone! My golden...what?"

That was when he noticed something very peculiar. A notecard at the counter of his store. It was a simple card, but it read.

"You've been robbed!

And please remember to floss,

You're friendly Tooth Fairy."

"Sweet...sweet Celestia! I've been robbed! By the Tooth Fairy!" He fell to his hooves, weeping.

annosrules

Blaze raises his right brow as he is both surprised and confused by what the shopkeeper is saying, and is silent as he tries to comprehend the situation that is unfurling.

friedbeaver

The shopkeeper managed to calm down, looking Blaze right in the eye. "You see this?"

He gestured to the gaping hole in his front teeth. "My tooth is missing. And this!"

He showed the letter, which contained the rather odd code. "My tooth's never coming back! Haven't you heard of the Tooth Fairy?"

Whatever Blaze's answer was, Finders would continue with his speech. "Oh dear me, you've never heard of them, haven't you?"

He sat down, trying to make sense of it. "The Tooth Fairy is a...well...more or less a convoluted criminal running rampant in Canterlot. They steal teeth. Golden teeth to be specific. That tooth was a token of my forefathers and now...now some punk thinks he can steal it?"

He shook his head. "Listen buddy, we need to get the guard or somepony and..."

He paused, staring at Blaze for a second. "How did you get in here?"

annosrules

"The door was left ajar.", Blaze stutters, still trying to make sense of what has transpired.

StarrBee

//Would anybody mind if I joined in? I'll wait for a response before posting anything else :) //

LostSanity

2015 Feb 14, 18:02:36 #11 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 14, 18:08:55 by LostSanity
((Alright. Thanks for answering. I'll come in on this.  ^-^))

It had been awhile since Lane had received a case. Too long in fact. He was worried that he would be a little rusty. But, he quickly realized that once he started, it would all come back to him.

He had just gotten off the Friendship Express and arrived in Canterlot. His Chief at the department he worked at in Ponyville informed him that it seemed to be a fairly simple case. A robbery. It was good to have something simple as his first case in a long time.

It took him some time to find the crime scene, but, he found it eventually. He entered the crime scene and spoke up to any ponies that were inside.

"Sorry I'm late. I just got word. I might not be from this city, but I can assure you my work will speak for itself. So, what exactly happened here?" asked Lane

((Almost forgot, if you want to know more about my OC/what he looks like, just go to my OC thread here. He's the first one listed.  X3))

StarrBee

Quick Silver was walking through the bustling city of Canterlot. She was enjoying a calm day off, but her peace was interrupted when she walked past a certain shop. All sorts of loud and upsets noises came from inside, so being the curious pony she was Quick Silver pushed open the door and slowly stepped inside.

annosrules

Seeing the situation escalate, Blaze could only groan as he became anchored to Cantetlot for the remainder of the investigation.

friedbeaver

"Well I'll be! It's about time!" He stood up, taking a low bow at Lane. "The name is Finders Keepers, sir. And this fella-"

He pointed at Blaze, his eyes glaring. "This fella here stole my tooth!" He gestured to his mouth, pointing at the gaping hole. "My golden tooth to be precise!"

At that moment, he only gave Quick Silver a raised brow but nonetheless continued trying to explain what had just happened. "And then he had the nerve to leave this!" He pulled out a note.

QuoteYou've been robbed!

And please remember to floss,

You're friendly Tooth Fairy.

Finders Keepers shook his head. "This stallion here was then caught on my property, trying to act like he was just hearing it. but it was clear he was trying to skidaddle out of here after leaving this message."

annosrules

[/color=green]"I've done no such thing!"[/color], Blaze exclaims at the shopkeeper's claim.

friedbeaver

"Oh sure you haven't!" He spat back. "You're nothing more than a petty thief ya' know? Stealing an old stallion's golden tooth!"

annosrules

"I just got here a few minutes ago and have a whole host of witnesses all the way from the front gate to right outside your door who can say that I only approached your shop after you screamed from inside it."

LostSanity

Lane was stuck in an impossible situation.

This pony didn't seem like a thief. Besides, there was no way the thief would still be on the crime scene. That's what Lane thought anyway.

Plus... there was the fact that the thief was calling themselves "The Tooth Fairy"

"You've GOT to me kidding me. If this is some sort of joke, it's not funny" thought Lane

He cleared his throat to get the two ponies attention, and to get them to stop arguing.

"Do you have any evidence to prove that this pony is the thief? Besides, Mr... Keepers was it? Do you really think the culprit would still be on the crime scene after stealing your... tooth? We need to search the area for evidence of what happened here. If you could just let us do that, we can uncover the truth of what happened here" assured Lane.

Lane then glanced at the pony Finders Keepers was pinning the blame on and spoke to him.

"To be honest... I think Mr. Keepers here is just overreacting. I deal with victims like him quite a bit. They blame the first pony they see. Anyway... you should help out in looking the place over for evidence and clues at to what really happened here. That should help prove your innocence. Besides, the more ponies that help out, the better chance of finding something important right?" offered Lane.

Lane then turned around to the pony that was behind him.

"You can help out too. I don't know if you're just an onlooker or not, but even if you don't have any experience examining crime scenes, it's really not that hard. Just look around for anything that seems odd, suspicious, or just out-of-place in general" suggested Lane.

Lane took a breath and spoke up one last time.

"But let's at least introduce ourselves first. We already know our victim, which is Mr. Keepers here. As for me... my name is Lane Logikin. I'm a detective from Ponyville" informed Lane.

He waited for the others to respond to his statements as well as introduce themselves

((Sorry for the lengthy post.  :I Also, in case it's not obvious, I've kind of done something like this before. It's a long story.  X3))

friedbeaver

(No worries, longer posts are better :) )

The shop was divided into a counter at the back, with a door that led to the second floor. The shelves around the store occupied the front, with a small isle in the middle for guests to enter and leave.

Upstairs, the first room facing the stairs was a hallway, with the first room on the left being the bathroom, the second room on the right being the closet, and the final room at the very end being the bedroom.

The bedroom consisted of a bed at the top right, with a bookcase and table at the far left and a sofa at the top left.

(I'll get diagrams of it later)

Go Up