Skyrim

Started by Remedy, 2012 Apr 15, 00:13:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

Sweet, now my bosmer rogue can summon a spectral assassin, an honorable spirit, two dragons, and some atronochs

I feel safe to travel anywhere in skyrim now  ^-^

Shadow Mare

OMG I cannot believe I have to start over again...

lurk852

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2012 Jun 28, 23:36:03
OMG I cannot believe I have to start over again...

I know the feeling, I think. As an altaholic, I've done the area surrounding Whiterun probably 10-15+ times...
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

GalvinRoe

I'm going to defile this thread and commit sacrilege.

But I have to say I preferred Skyrim the LEAST out of Morrowind and Oblivion. Sure I loved the fun perks more but Morrowind shall remain my favorite. The world was just so BIG! Plus kept my gaming attention for a couple years  ovO! I played Skyrim and *won* after about 3 weeks and  I was done. . . .

I would highly recommend playing Morrowind, to those of you who jumped in at Skyrim and heck go for Oblivion too if you want to. 

lurk852

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Jun 29, 00:11:45

But I have to say I preferred Skyrim the LEAST out of Morrowind and Oblivion. Sure I loved the fun perks more but Morrowind shall remain my favorite. The world was just so BIG! Plus kept my gaming attention for a couple years  ovO! I played Skyrim and *won* after about 3 weeks and  I was done. . . .

I would highly recommend playing Morrowind, to those of you who jumped in at Skyrim and heck go for Oblivion too if you want to.

I haven't played Morrowind (though I want to), but I've played Skyrim and Oblivion for probably 150+ hours reach - and in my opinion, Skyrim is better than Oblivion in almost every way. I enjoyed Oblivion, but it as full of gigantic, glaring flaws, and Skyrim fixed most of them. Examples: terrible non-combat AI, limited and crappy animations, having about fifteen voice actors, stupid enemy leveling (bandit clans in full glass), and last but not least, character customization. Having to choose what to specialize in and getting many unique bonuses other than "be more powerful" is a hell of a lot more interesting than being a jack of all trades, master of... all.

I'd like to add "godawful game balance" and "really easy to put yourself in godmode", but Skyrim is pretty bad about those too...

As for Morrowind, the main thing that interests me there is the lack of mindless quests with hand-holding. It's nice when paying attention to your quests (where to go, what to do) is mandatory.

In retrospect, this post was an awkward and inarticulate way to summarize my extensive opinions about the flaws of the series.  :I

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Jun 29, 00:11:45

To me, it's Morrowind>>>Skyrim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oblivion
Yeah...

In other news, I can't wait 'till I can get Dawnguard.
CROSSBOWS.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Ninkon

Some people may not like Morrowind. The larger spell repitoire is nice and the whole tone and feel of the game is amazing but It's a very different game; the combat is no way near as good as skyrim and the entire game is slower paced, you may find Travelling unbearable compared the zipping around you do in skyrim.

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

The Stars

XD Been meaning to get Skyrim, but the thing about it that annoyed me the most is that my friend seemingly talks to me like i already KNOW the game front to back, and it gets rather irritating listening to him babble on all day about something about a golden claw? Idk XD But looking forward to getting it on the PC, but my graphics card may have some difficulty handling it.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Malkies

Loving Dawnguard so far, I'm only a few quests in but it is very enjoyable.
Not sure if this counts as spolilers since it isn't about the storyline, but have used spoiler tags just in case.
Spoiler: show
The only bad thing about this DLC is random vampire attacks on towns... they end up killing a fair few NPC's (not just nameless guards) and I had to reload about three times the first time it happened to save them all...
New werewolf perk tree is brilliant. One new perk that lets you feed from most creatures, not just humans, means that you can stay in the form pretty much indefinitely if you wish.
I've not played as a vampire lord yet but it looks good too. Not a huge fan of crossbows, prefer normal bows. They take some getting used to.

:)

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 29, 00:27:03
having about fifteen voice actors

Not sure that Skyrim fixed this lol

Book Smarts

i kind've like Oblivion over Skyrim, the graphics weren't the best, but the gameplay and controls were spot on. One feature that should've been transferred over to Skyrim was spellcasting even when you had a weapon and shield in hand.

I could make an actual paladin  :3

kremsly

i much prefer the story in oblivion than skyrim (also the guards)as it seems more blatanly important
and you cant forget the "flexibility" of the customization

just found out skyrim is going to be released on 29 days for PC DD:

Book Smarts

The face models were the only thing that scared me in oblivion, especially the female face models  O:

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Ninkon on 2012 Jun 29, 04:13:49
Some people may not like Morrowind. The larger spell repitoire is nice and the whole tone and feel of the game is amazing but It's a very different game; the combat is no way near as good as skyrim and the entire game is slower paced, you may find Travelling unbearable compared the zipping around you do in skyrim.

I find the combat to be better, it makes you think a bit before and during combat. In Skyrim you just buff up, swing at them a lot, and stop the game ever two seconds to chug a thousand health pots and ninteen carrots. In Morrowind your Fatigue means something more than "Can I power attack"
I also prefer the slower pacing by a lot, makes me always feel like there's something to do, somewhere to go.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Ninkon

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jun 29, 16:23:15

I find the combat to be better, it makes you think a bit before and during combat. In Skyrim you just buff up, swing at them a lot, and stop the game ever two seconds to chug a thousand health pots and ninteen carrots. In Morrowind your Fatigue means something more than "Can I power attack"
I also prefer the slower pacing by a lot, makes me always feel like there's something to do, somewhere to go.

Yes because who doesn't love randomized hit chances?
Skyrim and Oblivion felt closest to realistic combat (I would know) despite the damage/health points thing.

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

Book Smarts

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of morrowind with the same graphics engine being used in Skyrim

as long as they don't add in fast travel  :3

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Ninkon on 2012 Jun 29, 16:36:32

Yes because who doesn't love randomized hit chances?
Skyrim and Oblivion felt closest to realistic combat (I would know) despite the damage/health points thing.

Really my only complaint is the random hit chance.
At the same time, it kind of exists in real life, especially when your foe wears heavy armor.
Late game the random hits have a tendency to dissapear, and the beauty of these games come out late game.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

The random misses happened to me in Morrowind since I was trying to use a weapon that I never put points into. o.O

Little Judas

Slower pacing ok, but there was a lack of direction. When searching for an assassination target, even the internet could not help me.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

lurk852

Quote from: kremsly on 2012 Jun 29, 16:05:39
i much prefer the story in oblivion than skyrim (also the guards)as it seems more blatanly important
<snip>

Oh crap, you reminded me of the character I made with that face generator once. I uploaded him to TESNexus under the heading of "Hottest Character EVER!!!" with no photo and got >2k downloads. This is what he looked like: (not embedding it because I don't want to defile this thread)

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/images/4230-1-1225751077.JPG

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 29, 19:35:24
Quote from: kremsly on 2012 Jun 29, 16:05:39
<snip>

Oh crap, you reminded me of the character I made with that face generator once. I uploaded him to TESNexus under the heading of "Hottest Character EVER!!!" with no photo and got >2k downloads. This is what he looked like: (not embedding it because I don't want to defile this thread)

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/images/4230-1-1225751077.JPG

I saw that character before somewhere
XD
:/ Bosmer >:/

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Go Up