Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chibalt

2015 Mar 19, 14:46:35 #15780 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 19, 15:14:58 by Chibalt
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 19, 14:38:24
I have a friend at collage who wants to be a videogame journalist.
...and then he said he LOOKS UP TO IGN.
The poor, misguided soul...

I am kinda terrified that an aspiring videogame journalist is not aware of the absolutely horrible reputation of IGN and how they basically get paid off for reviewing even the - game as 10/10 or close to that, not to mention there's many GREAT games that have been rated really badly by IGN for the stupidest of reasons.

Also, thing that annoys me? pizza places, seriously, when your pizza is not able to beat out a frozen pizza that you can prepare in 15 minutes in the oven in any way, whether it be the bottom, the sauce, the cheese or the toppings, not to mention the frozen pizza is LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE then there's a SERIOUS problem there, and horrible pizzas, many many horrible pizzas.
Example: Pizza with tomatosauce, cheese and ham, simple enough, right? Decent amount of tomatosauce, then a good helping of cheese and then slices of ham on top, what do I get? I got a thin flaky thing with bottom and cheese tasting like cardboard, and the ham was shredded, like cheese usually is on pizzas, not to mention the tomatosauce was practically nonexistent. I am NEVER going to that place ever again, I think that pizza's actually making my stomach rebel a bit.

EDIT:Sorry for the mention of a naturalbyproduct of the human body's digestion system, didn't realize it was defined as a swear word.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Chishio Kunrin

Gamergate annoys me.
It is absolutely not about ethics in gaming journalism. It started as a guy making up lies about a woman who develops video games just because she broke up with him, and it has grown into "We don't want women involved in video games."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sunshine Smash

They gave Rising an 8.5 because of erratic cameras and interruptions to gameplay. I have a problem with both of these.

1. What erratic camera? I see this complaint everywhere, and frankly, I don't get it, and it annoys me. I don't have problems with the camera at all. So I consider this complaint moot.

2. Regular interruptions to gameplay? What? You mean the CODEC calls? That's stupid. If you don't like the CODEC calls you CAN skip them. What gameplay is being interrupted here? If you're being called, then you shouldn't be near enemies, and they are calling for a reason. Once again, I am considering this complaint absolutely moot.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 19, 15:42:21

Gamergate annoys me.
It is absolutely not about ethics in gaming journalism. It started as a guy making up lies about a woman who develops video games just because she broke up with him, and it has grown into "We don't want women involved in video games."

I saw a video from Angry Joe about the Top Ten Video Game Controversies and, after watching it, I saw there's a whole side of Gamergate I never saw. I'm completly neutral on the subject, and I don't want to offend anyone, but it turns out most of them actually ARE doing the whole "ethics in gaming" thing, it's just they've been completely overshadowed by the idiotic trolls.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 19, 18:38:40
I saw a video from Angry Joe about the Top Ten Video Game Controversies and, after watching it, I saw there's a whole side of Gamergate I never saw. I'm completly neutral on the subject, and I don't want to offend anyone, but it turns out most of them actually ARE doing the whole "ethics in gaming" thing, it's just they've been completely overshadowed by the idiotic trolls.

Doesn't change the fact that what started it was some jerk getting angry that his girlfriend broke up with him and making up rumors about her, which led to her having to go into hiding because of how many people were threatening her.

Nor does it excuse the fact that other women also receive threats in the name of Gamergate.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Mar 18, 15:31:58
Spoiler: Since the current discussion is about creeps and fandoms, let the users of tumblr preach. • show

Spoiler: TL;DR • show

This one I can especially back, we're one of those fandoms where the "Normal" ones like me are really annoyed by the dark side of the fandom for being so vocal and getting us a bad name.
I'm back

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 19, 19:32:14
Doesn't change the fact that what started it was some jerk getting angry that his girlfriend broke up with him and making up rumors about her, which led to her having to go into hiding because of how many people were threatening her.

Nor does it excuse the fact that other women also receive threats in the name of Gamergate.

I'm not saying they have an excuse to do it. I'm just saying there are people with good intentions in Gamergate, even if it was started by that twit. Once again, I'm neutral on the subject.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chack

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2015 Mar 20, 02:15:38
This one I can especially back, we're one of those fandoms where the "Normal" ones like me are really annoyed by the dark side of the fandom for being so vocal and getting us a bad name.

That can be said about any fandom, really. You know what they say, one bad apple spoils the bunch.
Most people HATE the Sonic fandom. Many wonder why people still like Sonic, considering most of his games aren't really that good anyway. That I can understand.
It's also because of the insane number of badly written/drawn OCs and fanfics. That I can also understand. You know how many "Josh the Hedgehog"s and sprite comics I've come across? I say they are bad and I've made them too in the past. Also, people still can't agree on canon between the shows, comics, and games. I say there is no real "canon", but that's just me.
But others hate the fandom because of the "creepy and stubborn" part of it. Hooo boy. That part is kinda dumb. Just about anything that has fans for it has a "dark side" to it. That seems to be the one part that people don't accept about fandoms.
----------

Major headache over the past couple of days. I don't know how long it's been since I last had one, but boy is it terrible.
Wait for it...

LostSanity

Remember when I said that someone made a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic version of Five Night's at Freddys called Six Nights at Pinkies?

Well... a nice commenter on my "Cutie Mark Unmagic" video gave me a link that apparently is the full version of Six Nights at Pinkie's.

*sobs while I prepare to attempt to get it and get it to work on my laptop*

:'(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Mar 21, 18:28:27
Remember when I said that someone made a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic version of Five Night's at Freddys called Six Nights at Pinkies?

Well... a nice commenter on my "Cutie Mark Unmagic" video gave me a link that apparently is the full version of Six Nights at Pinkie's.

*sobs while I prepare to attempt to get it and get it to work on my laptop*

:'(

Full version? Last I checked, it was still a demo. I should give it a look.

LostSanity

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Mar 21, 19:09:41
Full version? Last I checked, it was still a demo. I should give it a look.

According to the person that gave me the link on my video, it is the full version.

I haven't checked the actual game myself, but, I check the link at least and it said "Complete" on the link.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sunshine Smash

Lost a 2 gig SD card that had Smash Bros on it. It's not the original SD card. Just some throw away to keep smash on to play when I want. Had no actual data on it. Only real problem is that I have to reinstall it on my 8 gig. I have no problem with that, it's just the download time.....

Chack

My headache got much worse and turned into a cold. I feel kind of miserable.
Wait for it...

Chishio Kunrin

When a huge argument starts up about something really small and dumb, especially if the whole reason it even turned into an argument is because someone has an attitude of "I'm right and you're all wrong" and refuses to listen to facts and proof from everyone else.

In volume 1 of RWBY, a teacher mentions another teacher named Professor Peach. We all heard her distinctly say Peach.
Except one person... who popped up saying "No, she said Professor P, as in Professor Port."
>:/

First of all, why would she shorten Professor Port's name? She would just say Professor Port. It's a single frickin syllable, so there's no reason to shorten it!
Second of all, we all heard her say Peach, not P. There's an obvious and distinct CH sound in there!!

But no, they're sitting there saying "Everyone's hearing it wrong accept me!"
Yes, they kept using "accept" instead of "except."
I even went back and rewatched that part a few times, and every time, I heard a CH sound.
This one guy who's a linguist even ripped the audio from Youtube, put it into a program that shows audio as sound waves, took a screenshot, and then explained how those waves show that she said PEACH.
But nope, nope, they wouldn't take it. Clearly, 99.99% of the RWBY fandom is wrong, and that one single person is right. I mean, what are the odds that every RWBY fan on the wiki, Youtube, Reddit, Rooster Teeth's website, and TVTropes would be wrong about this? Oh, the inhumanity!
:l

Our waffle iron short circuited in the middle of cooking my waffle, and I accidentally burnt my arm on it. :'(
I'm sad and hungry.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 22, 19:01:35
Spoiler: show
When a huge argument starts up about something really small and dumb, especially if the whole reason it even turned into an argument is because someone has an attitude of "I'm right and you're all wrong" and refuses to listen to facts and proof from everyone else.

In volume 1 of RWBY, a teacher mentions another teacher named Professor Peach. We all heard her distinctly say Peach.
Except one person... who popped up saying "No, she said Professor P, as in Professor Port."
>:/

First of all, why would she shorten Professor Port's name? She would just say Professor Port. It's a single frickin syllable, so there's no reason to shorten it!
Second of all, we all heard her say Peach, not P. There's an obvious and distinct CH sound in there!!

But no, they're sitting there saying "Everyone's hearing it wrong accept me!"
Yes, they kept using "accept" instead of "except."
I even went back and rewatched that part a few times, and every time, I heard a CH sound.
This one guy who's a linguist even ripped the audio from Youtube, put it into a program that shows audio as sound waves, took a screenshot, and then explained how those waves show that she said PEACH.
But nope, nope, they wouldn't take it. Clearly, 99.99% of the RWBY fandom is wrong, and that one single person is right. I mean, what are the odds that every RWBY fan on the wiki, Youtube, Reddit, Rooster Teeth's website, and TVTropes would be wrong about this? Oh, the inhumanity!
:l

Maybe they really want to be accepted, not excluding themselves from being wrong?  X3

I admit that sometimes hearing something can be a bit tricky, I know I've messed up lyrics to a song for years before I bother to look them up, but I have to side with the majority on this one.  I clearly heard Peach.  But admitting that you're wrong only becomes more difficult the longer you insist you're right.  That in itself can be nightmarish, because we're all wrong about something at one point or another.

Still, at least trying to listen to evidence would be appreciated.   

Pipkin

I just learned there is no department financial budget this year....so not only are we being told what to carry on our shelves now, we don't know what our targets are either

GGs corporate.

Midnight Breeze

Northerners turning their noses up at the south for not being able to handle snow. Do you know why things get hairy on the gulf when it snows? Because we don't have a whole fleet of snowplows and salt trucks ready to go at any time like northern states do. Snow that sticks to the road is a huge hazard when there noway to clear it and the majority of people have no experience with driving on it.

Why don't we have snow plows? For the same reason New England doesnt have anywhere near as many hurricane shelters as the gulf. State and city governments don't have unlimited recources to prepare for every type of weather imaginable, they allocate their recources to preparing for what's most likely. On the gulf, that means hurricanes, week long thunderstorms, and other such sub-tropical weather. We aren't going to keep a whole fleet of snowplows around for the 5 or 6 times a decade it snows, that would be a huge waste. Its far more efficient to simply shut down schools a day or 2 a year at most.

TLDR: The south doesnt shut things down in the snow simply because were pansies, we do so because it snows so rarely its cheaper to shut things down when it happens than to fund workarounds. Believe me, we get way more than our fair share of extreme weather that we keep things running through.

Greyscaleisme

Being stuck indoors when the weather is AMAZING! It was 74 degrees, very light wind, had a blue sky and perfect little puffy white clouds, the grass is green, and the flowers are blooming. But guess who saw none of it? Me. I was stuck inside all day, and didn't get to see anything... *runs around screaming angrily*
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 23, 20:07:17
Northerners turning their noses up at the south for not being able to handle snow. Do you know why things get hairy on the gulf when it snows? Because we don't have a whole fleet of snowplows and salt trucks ready to go at any time like northern states do. Snow that sticks to the road is a huge hazard when there noway to clear it and the majority of people have no experience with driving on it.

Why don't we have snow plows? For the same reason New England doesnt have anywhere near as many hurricane shelters as the gulf. State and city governments don't have unlimited recources to prepare for every type of weather imaginable, they allocate their recources to preparing for what's most likely. On the gulf, that means hurricanes, week long thunderstorms, and other such sub-tropical weather. We aren't going to keep a whole fleet of snowplows around for the 5 or 6 times a decade it snows, that would be a huge waste. Its far more efficient to simply shut down schools a day or 2 a year at most.

TLDR: The south doesnt shut things down in the snow simply because were pansies, we do so because it snows so rarely its cheaper to shut things down when it happens than to fund workarounds. Believe me, we get way more than our fair share of extreme weather that we keep things running through.

That, and our snow is literally different from the snow northerners get.

Northerners get a soft, almost dry powder that is actually fairly safe to walk and drive on, as long as not too much has piled up.
Us, though? We get wet snow. Wet snow means ice. When it snows here, not only do the roads get covered in snow, they get covered in ice.

Then there's also
1. Our buildings are very lightly insulated. Our buildings are built for hot temperatures and mild, cool winters, not freezing cold temperatures!
2. Our power lines are not built to withstand ice! So when it snows or sleets, we are much, much, much more likely to lose power than the north is!

Things shut down so people won't be forced to risk their safety trying to drive.
Things especially shut down when the power goes out, and down here in the south, snow and ice storms can cause the power to go out for days at a time. I remember going 3 days without power after a sleet storm.

You know what would help with the losing power situation, though? If the city would actually stay on top of cutting away tree branches that hang over power lines!! >:O Near our house, there has been a tree branch literally pressing against a power line for YEARS!!! YEARRRRRRS!!!!! At least since I was in high school!! I keep waiting for that thing to break off and take the power line with it! It's gonna happen eventually! Just one storm with really rough winds, or one ice storm that piles too much ice onto that branch, and we'll be out of power until they can fix it! UGH.

Rissian

2015 Mar 24, 00:10:02 #15799 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 24, 00:16:36 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 23, 23:59:14
That, and our snow is literally different from the snow northerners get.

Northerners get a soft, almost dry powder that is actually fairly safe to walk and drive on, as long as not too much has piled up.
Us, though? We get wet snow. Wet snow means ice. When it snows here, not only do the roads get covered in snow, they get covered in ice.

Northerners get wet snow as well it isn't always powder. That all depends on the condition of the storm and temperature, and if they get direct sunlight after that or not as ice can be caused by the sun melting the snow then it re-freezing as ice instead of snow. It also depends on the type of snowstorm they get. We get wet and powdery snow in Missouri. We also went 7-8 days without power once when an ice storm hit. Texas doesn't have to deal with long lasting ice storms that keep the lines frozen for a week straight stuff generally melts faster there than Missouri. The north also has its problems as well now and then.

You'd think people in Missouri would learn how to treat snow as well since we get all types of storms pretty much. But people here forget how to drive in rain and snow. We also close schools which doesn't really bother me much.

Someone tried to trick me on Runescape by saying "Hey want 100k?" because I was using a new character. I simply responded by saying. "Dude I've been playing RS since it was 2d don't even try that on me." I was near the PVP zone as well where you can defeat players for their items. It was funny and annoying at the same time.

Go Up