Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sweet Brew

No longer a core member of deviantART. :c
I got so used to it too!

If I had the money to spend I'd so buy another year of membership!
*sigh* :'(

Jcfraven

2015 Dec 20, 17:01:28 #17821 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 20, 17:04:53 by Jcfraven
Getting a face full of harsh reality. In the cases I'm referring to, I'm talking about playing on my emotions instead of my brain, involving feelings for someone. I always think "I know this won't end well, I shouldn't even think about this", I do anyway, and it's always one of these three circumstances:
1. Person's in a relationship.
2. Person has a crush on another.
3. Person doesn't want to be a relationship.

Alongside that, what really grinds my gears is how, in society today, people don't look for people who care about them, genuinely like them, and would sacrifice their well-being for them. They instead look for individuals who are absolute trash, who don't care about them, would cheat on them in a heartbeat, and are horrible people in general, to them and others.

One example of this: One of my friends, a kind, pretty, quiet girl, I had a crush on. I've been friends with her for a while, came to her when others didn't, tried to talk to her and help her when she was down, and made it clear that I care for her. She turned me down originally for someone who, though not fitting in the negative description of people I mentioned prior, just was not who she needed(he was loud and obnoxious). She ends up in a relationship for about 2-3 days with someone, after one interaction, because they both liked anime. Explain to me how liking anime alongside another(by the way, I actually do too, and I've stated that before to her also!), with nothing else alongside that, constitutes someone worth being in a relationship with, instead of someone who doesn't mind how she is, likes her for who she is, and cares about her and who she is. That'd be great to know the answer to.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Dec 20, 17:01:28
Getting a face full of harsh reality. In the cases I'm referring to, I'm talking about playing on my emotions instead of my brain, involving feelings for someone. I always think "I know this won't end well, I shouldn't even think about this", I do anyway, and it's always one of these three circumstances:
1. Person's in a relationship.
2. Person has a crush on another.
3. Person doesn't want to be a relationship.

Alongside that, what really grinds my gears is how, in society today, people don't look for people who care about them, genuinely like them, and would sacrifice their well-being for them. They instead look for individuals who are absolute trash, who don't care about them, would cheat on them in a heartbeat, and are horrible people in general, to them and others.

One example of this: One of my friends, a kind, pretty, quiet girl, I had a crush on. I've been friends with her for a while, came to her when others didn't, tried to talk to her and help her when she was down, and made it clear that I care for her. She turned me down originally for someone who, though not fitting in the negative description of people I mentioned prior, just was not who she needed(he was loud and obnoxious). She ends up in a relationship for about 2-3 days with someone, after one interaction, because they both liked anime. Explain to me how liking anime alongside another(by the way, I actually do too, and I've stated that before to her also!), with nothing else alongside that, constitutes someone worth being in a relationship with, instead of someone who doesn't mind how she is, likes her for who she is, and cares about her and who she is. That'd be great to know the answer to.
Because love is stupid... -.-
You give someone the world and they just go "Eh, it's okay" but then the guy they're all googly for gives her a scrap of paper and they're all "Ohhh! *-* Isn't he sweet?!".
Then when they can tell you're annoyed by this they always pull the "What have you ever done for me?!" crud.
Yeah, just..gave you everything I could...that's all. :s

The thing that really gets me is when they act like you were selfish because you had almost nothing to give...
Don't they know that the little bit you gave could have been all you had? Statistically speaking you'd have given more then the other guy... right? :]

Jcfraven

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 20, 17:16:29
Because love is stupid... -.-
You give someone the world and they just go "Eh, it's okay" but then the guy they're all googly for gives her a scrap of paper and they're all "Ohhh! *-* Isn't he sweet?!".
Then when they can tell you're annoyed by this they always pull the "What have you ever done for me?!" crud.
Yeah, just..gave you everything I could...that's all. :s

The thing that really gets me is when they act like you were selfish because you had almost nothing to give...
Don't they know that the little bit you gave could have been all you had? Statistically speaking you'd have given more then the other guy... right? :]

Sometimes I wonder if any them had the mental power to process what all I have done for them. I'm effectively a nobody, I don't have a lot of money, most money I do have I give away to those who 'need' it, I'm intelligent in some things but I'm an idiot with a lot, but I try to do whatever I can for many people, crush or no crush, and I get hatred and rejection in return.

Nutshell of all of this is I think people in the modern age care too much about themselves, and don't understand it when someone genuinely cares for them anymore.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Dec 20, 17:25:46Nutshell of all of this is I think people in the modern age care too much about themselves, and don't understand it when someone genuinely cares for them anymore.
Amen.
Even the Brony fandom seems...not so ponyish anymore...
And people ask why I'm a prickly person...lol
I mean I'm nice enough, I just don't get close to anyone 'cause all they've done is stab me in the back one way or the other! lol

Gamepad

I vote for pony master race. (Would prefer wolf but can fix that later) They seem a lot happier, all we need to do is turn everyone into one, or turn a lot.

But yeah, I don't care for people much. They seem incredibly two faced. At college, I was one person and was in the middle of a little fight thing going on. They would all play friendly, then insult each other when they where far enough away, or they would insult each other to me.

Boo, Social life. Up with Solitude! or Internet friends!

DawnsEmbrace

If I may interject my small amount of wisdom...
Just like you're being ignored by that someone you care about, you're ignoring the one who truly cares about you.
Quit staring at the person who doesn't care, and look around you for the one who always has.

Break the cycle.  For all our sakes.
<br />

Sweet Brew

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2015 Dec 20, 20:52:40
If I may interject my small amount of wisdom...
Just like you're being ignored by that someone you care about, you're ignoring the one who truly cares about you.
Quit staring at the person who doesn't care, and look around you for the one who always has.

Break the cycle.  For all our sakes.
But isolation brings in depression, which clouds the vision.
They might not always know they're being loved.
They might feel like no one gives a hoot to be honest.

Everyone has to last half a hoot given about them, but that's hard to see more often then not.

What you're saying, Dawn, is 100% true...
Sadly though, It's just like walking into a glass factory blind.

Midnight Breeze

I don't know what valve was going for with the tough break re-balancing. Demoknights destroyed, pyros buffed hugely. Because a class that already hard counters 3 out of 9 classes obviously needs buffs.

No more crits with the tide turner, no fire immunity on charging targe. GG, demoknight is dead to me now. As someone who plays either soldier or demoman 90% of the time I am not a happy camper.

Chishio Kunrin

I HAAAATE Skype's new sign in method! How do I get it to stop being a screen where I click on my account instead of typing in my password?!

You know what I really hate about it? Way too often, I'll click my account, it'll try to log in, and then it'll tell me the username or password was wrong.

What do you mean?!! >:O

I clicked... a button. How is my username or password wrong, when it's the same exact username and password that you've been successfully logging me in with, and I know that for a fact because I've been clicking a button?!!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

Getting into a (civil, thank Luna) argument with someone but being unable to articulate your point through theirs.  I just wish I wasn't so lazy, otherwise I'd actually bother to back my point up with evidence.  Now I just feel pathetic for not feeling it's worthwhile to try, and afraid what that means about my position.

Lync Volan

Growing up around others who always seem to speak another language (that you don't speak)
even when there talking about things concerning you then you always end up asking them what there saying and sometimes they don't even tell you (though they obviously speak english)

later on some days they lecture you about not asking enough questions but your always asking them and they almost never wanna tell you 

always being dragged to there get together's even though in everyone you just sit in the corner and wait to leave because you can't even talk to anyone there (not cause they don't know your lang) because they all seem to be doing there own thing and even if there talking about a topic your totally into you couldn't join in the convo because you have no idea what there saying!

on a side note i'm finding it to be really annoying when smart ppl keep telling me i can learn anything and when i try my hardest they say i'm not even tryin :3 

Midnight Breeze

It disturbs me the way so many people are out of kilter with science and reality, choosing to trust their feelings rather than the factual data and research we have available.

I'm not a smart man, nor have I ever claimed to be, but people think I am because I have the common sense to listen to the experts on subjects I'm not qualified to speak on. I base my opinions on facts and evidence, not feelings. I'm not about the challenge widely-held scientific consensus for no better reason than I want to believe something else.

When 90+ percent of scientists tell me climate change is real and human caused, I say "okay".

When 90+ percent of scientists tell me GMO foods are safe and necessary to feed our growing population, I say "okay".

When 90+ percent of scientists tell me vaccination is safe and effective, I say "okay".

It's perhaps a bit arrogant to think that you're smarter than the entire worldwide scientific community, don't you think? On what grounds do you think you should have the privilege of challenging scientists with multiple doctorates form prestigious universities and decades of experience?

Are some people just bound and determined to have our descendants 1000 years from now look back on our era as the dark ages?

Greyscaleisme

I'm getting really really tired of having to hide my opinions, life, and pretty much everything I believe from my parents... My own mental and physical issues are being hidden from my family because we can't afford to pay for therapy and medications. Being the eldest can suck when you're in a poor family..
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chromastone64

Persona 4 is a good game. The characters are great, the plot is interesting, and generally, it's just great.
...Unless you let the fog set in.
Goodbye, crud-ton of progress, you just put me off playing again for about a month.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

I recently discovered a food delivery service called Blue Apron that's designed for working people. It takes all time consuming annoyance out of cooking by doing all the shopping for you and delivers fresh ingredients to your door for free, and is designed to be prepared in 30 minutes. Unfortunately they don't have a single person plan. Smallest plan they have delivers food portioned for two, which kinda sucks for me.

I hope they come out with a single person plan eventually. That could be the push I need to improve my diet. I don't think I've used a stove in over 2 years. And the oven very rarely. I am a microwave manufacturers best friend.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Dec 26, 10:15:29
I recently discovered a food delivery service called Blue Apron that's designed for working people. It takes all time consuming annoyance out of cooking by doing all the shopping for you and delivers fresh ingredients to your door for free, and is designed to be prepared in 30 minutes. Unfortunately they don't have a single person plan. Smallest plan they have delivers food portioned for two, which kinda sucks for me.

I hope they come out with a single person plan eventually. That could be the push I need to improve my diet. I don't think I've used a stove in over 2 years. And the oven very rarely. I am a microwave manufacturers best friend.

What about leftovers? :D

Chromastone64

Last year it was PS4 and Xbox, and now it seems that Steam's been hacked.
Some people just love making other miserable...
Also, on a slightly differant topic, one of my favourite youtubers made a quote I completely agree with concering all the disappointing/unfinished games this year.
"I think I'll look back on 2015 as the year where game developers tried to get away with stupid moves and people noticed.".
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chibalt

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Dec 26, 14:06:49
Last year it was PS4 and Xbox, and now it seems that Steam's been hacked.
Some people just love making other miserable...
Also, on a slightly differant topic, one of my favourite youtubers made a quote I completely agree with concering all the disappointing/unfinished games this year.
"I think I'll look back on 2015 as the year where game developers tried to get away with stupid moves and people noticed.".

Steam wasn't hacked, it was code going completely ballistic, I thought that was common knowledge by now, apparently not. And yeah, the game industry's been bad on many counts this year, lets hope they don't earn even more black marks.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Dec 26, 17:49:02
Steam wasn't hacked, it was code going completely ballistic, I thought that was common knowledge by now, apparently not. And yeah, the game industry's been bad on many counts this year, lets hope they don't earn even more black marks.

Yeah, basically, Steam got confused and kept sending caches to the wrong people.

So, when you accessed Steam, Steam tried to send you the cache of your account, but the cache got sent to someone else's computer instead, on accident.

People who stayed off of Steam were safe, as far as I know.

I'm just glad that I can be confident that no one did anything bad with my account, since
1. People couldn't access other people's game libraries, so everyone's games were safe.
2. I'm pretty sure I didn't have my payment option saved to my account, but even if I did, my bank account was already closed in the first place, due to some banking issues. :P So, no one used my account to buy and gift themselves games.

Go Up