Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Grizzly

Me. I'm a dumb thing that annoys me and everyone around me...
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Chishio Kunrin

2016 Feb 16, 21:21:20 #18041 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 16, 21:23:18 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 16, 12:56:23
On the topic of RWBY....I picked up Grim Eclipse over the weekend and it's been fun so far, but there's one thing that really bugs me: the gamepad camera controls don't have a "snap behind" function.  I can't tell you how often I've been blindsided by something even with the radar because I can't snap the camera around behind me with a button press.  I hope it's just something that hasn't been added yet, because my finger instinctively goes to the left bumper, expecting the camera to center around behind.

If you can, find where you can suggest things to the developers. That's why Rooster Teeth put it on Early Access. They wanted to make sure it'll be the game that fans want, so they've been taking suggestions and criticism.

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 16, 15:07:07
Early Access on Steam, but it's playable.  It's funny, I generally avoid early access, but I bought both it and Subnautica at the same time...impulse buying... >:/

I think a lot of people feel comfortable buying GE on Early Access because people have trust in Rooster Teeth to actually continue developing it, unlike some people. After all...
1. Rooster Teeth is a fairly well-known company, so it'd hurt their reputation if they just dropped it.
2. Rooster Teeth is all about their community. They love their fans.
3. They reeeeally wanna make this game. lol

So... You guys know what I realized today? It's completely understandable that I'm so salty about the RWBY fandom.

Way too many fans just plain don't pay attention!!! >:(
They don't pay attention, and then they try to come up with theories, and their theories end up terrible and wrong and could easily be disproved by evidence in the show, which they would've realized if they had paid attention!!!
Spoiler: RWBY Volume 3 finale spoilers • show
There are apparently some people who think that Salem is Cinder, like Cinder turned into her or something.
1. Different voice actress. Cinder is voiced by Jessica Nigri, and Salem is voiced by Jen Taylor. Totally different voice actresses. And don't say "Well, maybe Cinder's voice changed after she transformed." Then, explain Salem telling us about the origins of mankind at the beginning of Volume 1. Yeah, that mysterious narrator who told us about how mankind was born from dust and had to find a way to protect themselves from the Grimm? That was apparently Salem.
2. I thought it was pretty easy to connect the dots that Cinder was working for Salem. During the flashback sequence of Beginning of the End, at one point, it sounded like Cinder was talking to someone on the phone or something. The way that she talked sounded like she was reporting in to someone. She ended the call with thanking them. At the end of Heroes and Monsters, Cinder said to Ozpin "She was right about you. Such arrogance." The whole fandom exploded with "She?! Who is 'she'?!!" but I guess some people forgot about that.

There are still way too many people who think Ruby is a Maiden, when she's not. She's a silver-eyed warrior. When Qrow told her about silver-eyed warriors, he was telling her that to explain to her the power that she used on the dragon. If she was a Maiden, he would've told her about the Maidens, but he didn't. But some people only paid attention to 1% of that and went "Oh, so she's a Maiden, and since he said that Summer had the same power, that means Summer was a Maiden and her last thoughts were of Ruby."
:facehoof:
NO, YAH GOOF! Summer had silver eyes, and Ruby has silver eyes! Qrow started off the entire thing with "What was the first thing Ozpin said to you when you met him? ... Silver eyes."
Yeah. Remember?
Ozpin: "Ruby Rose. You... have silver eyes."
Ruby: "Uh, um..."

*Siiiigh* This is almost as bad as when people were going "Pyrrha is going to get the Fall Maiden powers, and then her last thoughts will be of Jaune, and Jaune will become the Fall Maiden!" They explicitly said in that big exposition scene that guys cannot become Maidens! Jaune is a guy. He cannot be a Maiden.

"Well, maybe they just think that guys can't be Maidens because no one ever thought of a guy."
They said that Maidens have been around for thousands of years.
They said they've been studying how the passing on of Maiden powers works.
They said that if the Maiden's last thoughts are of a male or an elderly woman, the powers will go to a random young female.
In all those thousands of years, there were Maidens who thought of guys, and their powers went to random young females.
Guys... do not... become... Maidens.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

PlatinumJoystick

Quote from: Grizzly on 2016 Feb 16, 16:43:53
Me. I'm a dumb thing that annoys me and everyone around me...

You are seriously awesome. A+ writing, homie.

Figure I might as well post one of my annoyances, then.

I'm starting to get burnt out on writing again, I think. One of my favorite pastimes, and for some reason my mind thinks "Nah, you don't wanna do this. Trust me. You'll be fine."

Last time this happened, I didn't write for months. For context, roleplaying is the only thing I do on this site outside of the chat. Imagine having one thing you love, and a huge group of friends you do it with, and that passion is suddenly ripped from you.

Just another meal I have on my plate, I guess. It's made me more internet homies than anything else, and something says "Nope, inspiration's gone." Crazy bites.
Hail to the Knights Of The Dawn.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 16, 16:35:02
Ah, ok. Now to decide between that or Icarus...

Por que no los dos?

Lync Volan

Mmmmm perfect day to catch a cold
when i was just about to watch a movie and i have a party coming up :l... gosh i hope i get better before the party though, i wanna have fun with my cousins and stuff

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 17, 02:51:42
Por que no los dos?

Because money?
Speaking of money, I'm seriously glad that I decided to save my money and see how much I'd get for my birthday, before buying anything because I totally have enough to get some of the stuff I want. :3

The problem, though? It's stuff that I'm gonna have to order online, and... my bank account is still closed. :c I need to reopen it. Would've reopened it sooner, but we had a freakout over thinking that my driver's license had expired, when it turns out we misread the notice that we got in the mail. It turns out that my old non-driver's-license ID is what expired, not my driver's license. :P Ha. Haha. Silly us.

Oi. :facehoof:
Anyway... Yeah. So. No bank account means no buying things right now because you can't send cold hard cash through the internet without a bank account. :\ Ugh.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 17, 02:51:42
Por que no los dos?

I'm assuming that's asking if I have any money.
Nope.
I said a while ago that my grandad left me and my brother 1000 pounds each. Our parents handle all of our "backup/saving money" so this was all for spending.
I now have a little over 20 pounds left. Don't get me wrong, I didn't spend it on random junk. I used over half of it to get a Mac and recording software so I can get my YouTube going.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 17, 08:23:24
I didn't spend it on random junk.

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 17, 08:23:24
I used over half of it to get a Mac.

That, sir, is just plain contradictory.

I kid, I kid.

Really though, it means 'Why not both?' Which I have the answer, it seems.

Chromastone64

Mac was the only thing that had editing software I knew how to use.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Night Pony

Can anyone tell me from where did they get all the info about Salem on the wiki?  o.O

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2016 Feb 17, 09:09:19
Can anyone tell me from where did they get all the info about Salem on the wiki?  o.O

Her name was in the end credits. It was the only new name, and Jen Taylor was credited as the voice actress for this "Salem" person, so it was pretty easy to put two and two together.

I'm still really bothered and annoyed that Noctis' English voice sounds like Batman.
Pleeease, when FF15 is completed, make his English voice something else.
You can't have a character who looks like a K-Pop prettyboy walk around talking like Batman. It's horrible!
I don't care if they decide to make him sound like Sasuke from Naruto! I would take that over Batman. So, go ahead, bring in Yuri Lowenthal to voice Noctis, instead of this Batman person! PLEASE! I beg of you!!

Chromastone64

2016 Feb 17, 11:06:07 #18051 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 17, 12:02:26 by Chromastone64
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 17, 09:51:04
Her name was in the end credits. It was the only new name, and Jen Taylor was credited as the voice actress for this "Salem" person, so it was pretty easy to put two and two together.

I'm still really bothered and annoyed that Noctis' English voice sounds like Batman.
Pleeease, when FF15 is completed, make his English voice something else.
You can't have a character who looks like a K-Pop prettyboy walk around talking like Batman. It's horrible!
I don't care if they decide to make him sound like Sasuke from Naruto! I would take that over Batman. So, go ahead, bring in Yuri Lowenthal to voice Noctis, instead of this Batman person! PLEASE! I beg of you!!

I actually like Noct's voice, if only because I'm used to it now. But if they do change it, I really hope it isn't Yuri. No offence to the guy, but I've heard his voice EVERYWHERE lately, and I only have so many Ben 10 jokes I can make  X3

Post Merge

Spoiler:  Also, sort-of spoilers for RWBY • show
"sits here thinking about how many over-the-top DBZ style ways he can beat the crud out of Taurus in his fanfic as a side story"

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 17, 11:06:07
I actually like Noct's voice, if only because I'm used to it now. But if they do change it, I really hope it isn't Yuri. No offence to the guy, but I've heard his voice EVERYWHERE lately, and I only have so many Ben 10 jokes I can make  X3
You just made me google the voice actor to find out i've played a bunch of the video games his in and watched some of the shows his in, its surprising the only one i noticed without looking it up would be the Disney Infinity Narrator :]

i feel a little ashamed but i didn't even recognize Tara strong in Adventure Time or in Mlp till i used my Cable boxes info button... gosh i'm horrible at voices lol 

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 17, 11:06:07

Did you know that Yuri is Mercury's new voice? His voice actor in Volume 2 was JJ Castillo, but JJ left Rooster Teeth for whatever reason and stopped voicing him. So, in Volume 3, Mercury is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.
^-^

Blue Candy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 16, 21:21:20

Way too many fans just plain don't pay attention!!! >:(
They don't pay attention, and then they try to come up with theories, and their theories end up terrible and wrong and could easily be disproved by evidence in the show, which they would've realized if they had paid attention!!!
Spoiler: RWBY Volume 3 finale spoilers • show
There are apparently some people who think that Salem is Cinder, like Cinder turned into her or something.
1. Different voice actress. Cinder is voiced by Jessica Nigri, and Salem is voiced by Jen Taylor. Totally different voice actresses. And don't say "Well, maybe Cinder's voice changed after she transformed." Then, explain Salem telling us about the origins of mankind at the beginning of Volume 1. Yeah, that mysterious narrator who told us about how mankind was born from dust and had to find a way to protect themselves from the Grimm? That was apparently Salem.
2. I thought it was pretty easy to connect the dots that Cinder was working for Salem. During the flashback sequence of Beginning of the End, at one point, it sounded like Cinder was talking to someone on the phone or something. The way that she talked sounded like she was reporting in to someone. She ended the call with thanking them. At the end of Heroes and Monsters, Cinder said to Ozpin "She was right about you. Such arrogance." The whole fandom exploded with "She?! Who is 'she'?!!" but I guess some people forgot about that.

There are still way too many people who think Ruby is a Maiden, when she's not. She's a silver-eyed warrior. When Qrow told her about silver-eyed warriors, he was telling her that to explain to her the power that she used on the dragon. If she was a Maiden, he would've told her about the Maidens, but he didn't. But some people only paid attention to 1% of that and went "Oh, so she's a Maiden, and since he said that Summer had the same power, that means Summer was a Maiden and her last thoughts were of Ruby."
NO, YAH GOOF! Summer had silver eyes, and Ruby has silver eyes! Qrow started off the entire thing with "What was the first thing Ozpin said to you when you met him? ... Silver eyes."
Yeah. Remember?
Ozpin: "Ruby Rose. You... have silver eyes."
Ruby: "Uh, um..."

*Siiiigh* This is almost as bad as when people were going "Pyrrha is going to get the Fall Maiden powers, and then her last thoughts will be of Jaune, and Jaune will become the Fall Maiden!" They explicitly said in that big exposition scene that guys cannot become Maidens! Jaune is a guy. He cannot be a Maiden.

"Well, maybe they just think that guys can't be Maidens because no one ever thought of a guy."
They said that Maidens have been around for thousands of years.
They said they've been studying how the passing on of Maiden powers works.
They said that if the Maiden's last thoughts are of a male or an elderly woman, the powers will go to a random young female.
In all those thousands of years, there were Maidens who thought of guys, and their powers went to random young females.
Guys... do not... become... Maidens.

I can't explain how mad this makes me.
My tummy is gummy and my insides are hard like rock candy.

Chibalt

Someone I ran across on youtube seems to think that because it is not explicitly shown in the trailers for the newest smash bros game it means that the fighters being trophies is retconned out, despite several modes in the game still representing fighters as trophies AND the fact that there's assist trophies, all of which spawn characters that could just as well have actually been in the game itself.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Midnight Breeze

Why is it 10 year old kids always sound like they're using a candlestick phone from the 20s as a mic?

Chibalt

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 18, 08:03:41
Why is it 10 year old kids always sound like they're using a candlestick phone from the 20s as a mic?

Would you buy a good, significantly more expensive microphone for an overly agressive 10 year old who incessantly pulls and tugs on wires and even throws his/her headphones in some cases? No, you'd buy cheap ones.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 17, 20:24:16
Did you know that Yuri is Mercury's new voice? His voice actor in Volume 2 was JJ Castillo, but JJ left Rooster Teeth for whatever reason and stopped voicing him. So, in Volume 3, Mercury is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.
^-^

I did notice that, though I wasn't sure at first, mainly because I, for some reason, thought RT wouldn't be able to get him as an actor.

Pipkin

My car is blocked in my driveway because my downstairs roommate is too lazy to dig out his own side.  When he leaves and comes home from work he's gonna notice there won't be a spot for him on my side anymore.

Checkmate.  Stop being lazy and shovel the driveway.

Also, almost failed my Java midterm, so that's 2/4 exams i've gotten under 70% on.  I have a C exam tonight, so that will be 1/4 exams I'll get under 50% on.  At least I don't fail web design.

THEN I have reading week, which is a week dedicated to STUDYING.  WHY!?!

Go Up