Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 17, 20:24:16
Did you know that Yuri is Mercury's new voice? His voice actor in Volume 2 was JJ Castillo, but JJ left Rooster Teeth for whatever reason and stopped voicing him. So, in Volume 3, Mercury is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.
^-^

Spoiler: Spoilers for RWBY, although the news is pretty old by now • show
I'd also like it if I wasn't reminded of a lying, no-good cyborg that I want to punch every time Noct spoke.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sweet Brew

2 day power outages suck.
That was just the tip of the iceberg here...

Did I already say this? I'm sure I didn't.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 18, 11:00:45
I did notice that, though I wasn't sure at first, mainly because I, for some reason, thought RT wouldn't be able to get him as an actor.

No one thought they'd be able to get Vic Mignogna, Elizabeth Maxwell, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham either. lol
Though, Laura and Travis only did small parts. They were at the Rooster Teeth offices for something entirely different, I think a new show that Rooster Teeth wants to make. While they were there, they ended up doing small voice work for RWBY and did a couple let's play videos.
Spoiler: RWBY Volume 3 finale spoilers • show
And no one thought Jen Taylor would voice a major character. :I

Though, years ago, I suggested the possibility that the mysterious narrator was the main villain of the show, and everyone was like "Jen Taylor is the villain? Psh, nah." I thought "Yeah, maybe you guys are right." and forgot about it. lol

Dumb thing that annoys me is when tourists do something stupid that ends up having negative consequences. Use some common sense, and you won't destroy or hurt anything! >:/

Like, someone apparently pulled a baby dolphin out of the water and passed it around for people to take selfies with it, and... it didn't turn out good for the dolphin. :c Why would you pull a baby dolphin out of the water? They need to be in water to live!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

I hate the term 'twenty-somethings', it sounds so stupid. Just call us millennials, for goodness sake. Everyone 20-29 right now is a millennial (the oldest gen-Zers are 17, the youngest gen-Xers are 36) so it's not like there will be any confusion as to who you are talking about.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 19, 02:28:55
I hate the term 'twenty-somethings', it sounds so stupid. Just call us millennials, for goodness sake. Everyone 20-29 right now is a millennial (the oldest gen-Zers are 17, the youngest gen-Xers are 36) so it's not like there will be any confusion as to who you are talking about.
Hu? I don't even know what this means... lol

I hate those Skype bots that try to be "friends" when they're clearly a bot.
They're always a inappropriately dressed female.
I feel that that is insulting to both genders!

Guys aren't all into that, and give more respect to women stupid bots!

Chromastone64

It took me THIS LONG to watch the Persona 5 trailer...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Feb 19, 04:03:23
Hu? I don't even know what this means... lol

What I'm saying is, you Gen-Z kids need to GET OFF MY LAWN!

Pipkin

2016 Feb 20, 23:20:06 #18067 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 20, 23:21:50 by Princess Darcy
Spending hours upon hours upon hours on what you'd assume would be an easy coding project, only to not get anywhere, wasting all that time.

That's what I get for trying to make something cool and useful(Just like my art, except this is supposed to eventually be my profession...)

Midnight Breeze

2016 Feb 21, 03:41:48 #18068 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 21, 04:02:26 by Midnight Breeze
I have to sanitize my machine every night at work and the process got the lyrics of a really stupid Mario commercial from way back stuck in my head. "Clean is better than dirty, and dirty's meaner than clean!" I thought for certain those weren't the real lyrics and it was just something my 10 year old mind misheard because I didn't understand what was really being said. So I looked it up, and lo and behold, those are the real lyrics!

Ok, "clean is better than dirty", yeah that makes sense, but "dirty's meaner than clean"?! What the heck does that even mean!?!?!? I've heard better lyrics from a fortune cookie.

Nintendo really doesn't understand the western market. They've always been terrible at making commercials for the west.

LostSanity

Okay... so...

I was getting close to wanting to buy the Baccano! series on dvd... and...

YOUR JOKING RIGHT?! SERIOUSLY?!

I understand it's "out of print" but close to $300?! SERIOUSLY?!

>:O

*sighs*

There went buying that series...

:'(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Feb 21, 17:58:10
Okay... so...

I was getting close to wanting to buy the Baccano! series on dvd... and...

YOUR JOKING RIGHT?! SERIOUSLY?!

I understand it's "out of print" but close to $300?! SERIOUSLY?!

>:O

*sighs*

There went buying that series...

:'(

Supply and demand, man. :s There are people who consider Baccano to be much better than Durarara (both were written by the same person), and the people who love Baccano, love Baccano.

Hand-washing dishes. DD:

Lync Volan

2016 Feb 22, 02:26:37 #18071 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 22, 02:51:36 by Lync Volan
Me & a certain friend of mine should simply stop talking to each other when were tired cause our tired convos seem to always lead to arguments... i'd like to say shes the one who starts it since she seems to turn everything i say into serious matters but it could also be me saying lame stuff X3

Post Merge

Also! turns out i have printed alot of pictures onto glossy paper but i can't put them up cause my dad refuses to let me screw them onto the brick walls we have in this house (i tried duck tape but they keep falling even when i push them back for at least a whole day or more)

LostSanity

Well... at least I understand why people didn't like Akame Ga Kill after a certain point and/or the anime original material.

Because... well... let's just say... after watching the rest of it and seeing the ending... it was... well...

Quite ridiculous. I HATE it when anime does idiotic things like that.

I now understand.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

I'm so sick of the managerial discord at my employer. HR is a bunch of idiots, I swear. Can't do anything right.

I came down with a cold Saturday night and decided to call in sick for Sunday. I called at 9AM, mind you, when I wasn't scheduled until 3:40PM, I think that's plenty of notice. Per usual nobody picked up the phone so I left a message telling them I ought not come in because I have cold and flu symptoms and to give me a call if they wanted to know more. Didn't get a call so I figured all was good and I stayed home.

I wasn't totally better yet today but I decided to go in anyway instead of pushing for another sick day. When I got there the boss wanted to know what was the deal with the no-call no-show I pulled yesterday. Apparently HR never got the message and I got 2 attendance points. (I get fired if I hit a certain number I can't remember.) I was then reminded that as a machine operator my role is important to productivity and I need to schedule time off in advance.

"Hello, boss? It's me, the fuji operator. I wanted to let you know I plan to come down with a cold in 2-3 weeks. Could you try to schedule around it?"

I should have gone home today, honestly, since I still wasn't totally well. It's not like they needed me. There were only 3 fuji lines running and 3 other operators were hand packing due to lack of work, one of them could have run my line and let me go. Apparently giving sick operators a day off isn't at the top of their agenda.

Whatever, I'm just building experience at this employer until I can get a job at Frito-Lay. They pay their packing machine operators $22 an hour and work fewer hours a week. Only catch is I'll need to move to Arlington or commute there everyday. Sorry, Tyson, but I'm an ambitions man and you're just a stepping stone to me.

Sweet Brew

I saw someone on Steam that was level 914...
What...the...derp... -.-

Their games counter was over 2,000 and they barely even played most of them over an hour or two...
What a waste.

Chishio Kunrin

I was in the middle of a boss fight in RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, and my screensaver came on and took me to the lock screen!!! >:O Are you kidding me?!! I was defeated because of a screensaver?!!!! >:( That was so stupid!!

I was panicking and literally screaming at my laptop!!!

I've set my screensaver to wait 90 minutes to come on. :l That was unacceptable!

Now I have to go do all of that all over again because I'm playing alone!

Chromastone64

I've just realized how utterly DEPRESSING and dark my next story is. Like, Xenoblade Chronicles-main-theme/Virtue's Last Reward depressing.

LeviathanTS

2016 Feb 23, 15:10:46 #18077 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 23, 15:24:35 by LeviathanTS
I don't really feeling like giving a story but...

Backstabbing.

(I think that's the word...)
br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Pipkin

My midterm grades came back and i'm failing half of my courses.

I expected that to happen.

I'm failing the 3 courses I thought I was going well in...

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 23, 07:30:13
I was in the middle of a boss fight in RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, and my screensaver came on and took me to the lock screen!!! >:O Are you kidding me?!! I was defeated because of a screensaver?!!!! >:( That was so stupid!!

I was panicking and literally screaming at my laptop!!!

I've set my screensaver to wait 90 minutes to come on. :l That was unacceptable!

Now I have to go do all of that all over again because I'm playing alone!

I'd be happy to find some time to play with you and help out, though this week is a little tight on free time.  But I totally understand how that's aggravating: I don't know if it's because I was hosting with a bunch of folks from overseas, but there have been times I've lagged so hard that I got beaten.  So annoying.

Go Up