Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 12, 08:51:04
Mayor Dewey.

I read that in the voice of his van truck thing.
May-yor Dew-wey.
May-yor Dew-wey.
May-yor Dew-wey.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Really, the Harry Potter series was concluded like...what, 10 years now? And people STILL see Slytherin as the 'evil house'?

Come on, if Slytherin was truly evil do you think Hogwarts would keep them around? They'd have been disbanded generations ago. Slytherin is not the devil and Gryiffindor is not immaculate. Slytherin is only portrayed negatively in the novels because the story is told form Harry's (biased) point of view, and even then it's mostly just the Malfoys and Snape he has a problem with. The house is a lot bigger than those individuals.

I mean, heck, Harry Potter himself was almost put in Slytherin. Pretty much the only reason he wasn't is because he didn't want to be in the same house as Draco, he embodies the traits of Slytherin and Gryffindor pretty equally.

Oh, and if you think Gryphindor is an immaculate house: Peter Pettigrew was in Gryffindor. Your arguement is invalid.

But hey, what do I know? I'm a Ravenclaw.  ;)

Pipkin

Waking up in your hotel room and the heat isnt working

51°F? Yeah, that's a good morning eh?

Chromastone64

A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 14, 03:04:01But hey, what do I know? I'm a Ravenclaw.  ;)

Everything I've heard about the Harry Potter fandom kinda scares me...like... as much as the Sonic fandom, so if anyone ever asks I just say I'm a muggle. lol
I did enjoy the books and movies quite a lot though. They're great.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 13, 22:28:29
I read that in the voice of his van truck thing.
May-yor Dew-wey.
May-yor Dew-wey.
May-yor Dew-wey.

A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 12, 21:00:20
Spoiler: show

Oh I'm well aware that it's been a theme and it's a possibility.  I'll just be very upset if I have to wait several months to know if my favorite characters are still going to even be alive...

Welp, looks like that's not gonna be an issue.
<br />

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2016 Feb 14, 14:48:53
Welp, looks like that's not gonna be an issue.

Well if it's any consolation to you, my computer almost had a heart attack after installing a faulty update because I jinxed the season finale.  :P Hoping it's alright now, we'll have to see when I restart next...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chibalt on 2016 Feb 12, 20:14:58
The problem with voice-based translators is not only the massive amount of languages that would need to be programmed for, you'd also need to do it for all the special dialects of said languages, and considering there's already a few hundred languages at the very least, well, you could basically multiply that number by 100 or so and you would get roughly the amount of work that would be needed for a voice translator that doesn't go "Uuuh, what did you say again?" whenever you speak even slightly unclearly or with a strange dialect.
Gosh.... wish we could all just speak one lang :/
what if the translator was made for basic stuff only though?

Chibalt

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Feb 14, 20:15:23
Gosh.... wish we could all just speak one lang :/
what if the translator was made for basic stuff only though?

Then it just plain wouldn't be useful for most people.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chibalt on 2016 Feb 14, 21:45:30
Then it just plain wouldn't be useful for most people.
Its better then noting for me really :l
this language barrier thing really annoys the crap out of me, so aggravating >:O!
(could be since i'm the only person in my family who can't learn more then 1 lang though)

Chromastone64

2016 Feb 15, 12:40:19 #18031 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 15, 13:51:08 by Chromastone64
"sees season finale episodes of RWBY"

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Stardust Dragon

I've always kind of preferred to be on my own, even in my fandoms: going to BABSCon last year was my first step out of that field.  But I have got such a bad need to talk to someone about the latest episode of RWBY and I don't have anyone in my comfortable social circle who's seen it!  :I  Aaagh.

Night Pony

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 15, 22:26:51
I've always kind of preferred to be on my own, even in my fandoms: going to BABSCon last year was my first step out of that field.  But I have got such a bad need to talk to someone about the latest episode of RWBY and I don't have anyone in my comfortable social circle who's seen it!  :I  Aaagh.

Feel free to message me if you want.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: RWBY Volume 3 finale spoilers • show
*Siiigh* So, the finale pretty much came out and said straight to our faces "No, Ruby is not a Maiden. She is, in fact, something else, having to do with a legend about silver-eyed warriors.
And yet...
there are still people going "OMG RUBY'S A MAIDEN" "Which Maiden do you think Ruby is?!" "I knew it! Summer was a Maiden, and her last thoughts were of Ruby!"

If Ruby was a Maiden, Qrow would've told her about the Maidens, when telling her what he and Taiyang meant when they said she "did something" to the dragon.

I saw someone else suggest that, maybe, Qrow told Ruby that story about the silver-eyed warriors as a lie to keep her from finding out about her Maiden powers, so she wouldn't use them and get herself hurt.
Which is a stupid theory because that story he told her was pretty much "You have super awesome powers because you have silver eyes." If he was trying to keep her from finding out that she has super awesome powers, why would he tell her that she has super awesome powers and only lie about the source of her super awesome powers? Yah goof...

She's not a Maiden.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

On the topic of RWBY....I picked up Grim Eclipse over the weekend and it's been fun so far, but there's one thing that really bugs me: the gamepad camera controls don't have a "snap behind" function.  I can't tell you how often I've been blindsided by something even with the radar because I can't snap the camera around behind me with a button press.  I hope it's just something that hasn't been added yet, because my finger instinctively goes to the left bumper, expecting the camera to center around behind.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2016 Feb 16, 03:36:11
Feel free to message me if you want.

I might do that, thank you.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 16, 12:56:23
On the topic of RWBY....I picked up Grim Eclipse over the weekend and it's been fun so far, but there's one thing that really bugs me: the gamepad camera controls don't have a "snap behind" function.  I can't tell you how often I've been blindsided by something even with the radar because I can't snap the camera around behind me with a button press.  I hope it's just something that hasn't been added yet, because my finger instinctively goes to the left bumper, expecting the camera to center around behind.

I might do that, thank you.

Wait, Grimm Eclipse is out?

Stardust Dragon

2016 Feb 16, 15:07:07 #18038 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 16, 15:16:58 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 16, 13:42:13
Wait, Grimm Eclipse is out?

Early Access on Steam, but it's playable.  It's funny, I generally avoid early access, but I bought both it and Subnautica at the same time...impulse buying... >:/

Chromastone64

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 16, 15:07:07
Early Access on Steam, but it's playable.  It's funny, I generally avoid early access, but I bought both it and Subnautica at the same time...impulse buying... >:/

Ah, ok. Now to decide between that or Icarus...

Go Up