Time paradox: a story about you, yourself, and me, and myself. (sign up.)

Started by blobking156, 2014 May 31, 15:40:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

blobking156

You are a pony. mare or stallion, pegasus, unicorn or earth pony, doesn't matter which what does matter is your friend, a proffessor in the feild of Time Travel spells. you have no idea what his name is, but he's always been called Bootstraps, or Prede, or Butterfly, or Redler. Where these names come from, you have no idea. but you've asked him many a time to go back, or forward in time. well, he's letting you do it now. You go to his home, exited for this day, but he didn't tell you there'd be others. (This will involve several kinds of time paradoxes. No, not the "you touch your past or future self and reality implodes," but... you'll see.)

Checkmate

Checkmate walked into the professor's home, adjusting his glasses.  Professor, are you in?

blobking156

Oh, 'ello there. you're the firs' one 'ere. His stereotypical scottish accent was there, no suprise. I  think we'll wait a bit to star', for the oters. Bu' by all means, come on in! [forgot to describe him. he's a brown unicorn, with a grey main/tail. he always wears a labcoat, and his cutie mark is a fob watch.]

Checkmate

Very well then.  Checkmate said emotionlessly, walking inside and taking a seat out of the way, where he would pull out his chess set and begin playing a game, apparently against himself.

Teal Turken

A knock comes to the front door and Teal enters with a smile.
Hello, Professor!
He notices Checkmate with a surprised look. Who's he? Are you playing chess against him?

Checkmate

Checkmate sighed, then looked up at both Teal and the Professor.  Of course he's not playing against me.  Nopony alive can defeat me.  Although this was something to be proud of, Checkmate managed to keep his tone fairly emotionless as he stood up and nodded his head.  I suppose I should introduce myself.  My name is Checkmate.

blobking156

'Ere's Checkmate, an' i'm not playin' wit' 'im, 'e's playin' 'imself! Check, 'is is Teal, Teal, 'is is Check. I'm expectin' more, so, we won' star' yet.

Teal Turken

Teal had to wonder how he could seem so...barren in his attitude. Not annoyed, yet not pleased either.
My name is Teal, I'm here visiting the professor on account that he has something special today.
He looks back down to the chess board.
You're...actually playing against yourself? Doesn't that mean that only you can beat you?

blobking156

'course. excep', i've met a pony that could bea' ya. Who? spoilers.

Checkmate

Checkmate nodded, before sitting down and continuing to play.  The only way to get better is to play against the best.

blobking156

Wel, stop braggin', 'at only 'elps if you're makin' somepony mad.

Checkmate

Checkmate looked up, a semblance of a smile visible.  Professor, you know as well as I do that I don't brag.

Teal Turken

I...I don't...get it...
Teal turns to the professor. Well, I guess I should get comfortable if we need to wait a little longer.
He takes a seat on the couch and sets his saddle bags down. You didn't tell me there would be others for this, why not?

Checkmate

Checkmate looked back up from his game.  Interesting question actually.  I'd like an answer too.

blobking156

Well, i din't wan'  anypony tah have any reason not to come. so i din't tell anypony.

Checkmate

Makes sense.  Try your best to remove anything that could ruin the experiment.

Checkmate

Very well then.  Checkmate mumbled this, his attention focused back onto his game.

Teal Turken

Go Up