Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Jul 30, 14:59:21
The fact that in books where you've got a good V.S evil plot the good dudes always win. :l

IT GOT OLD PEOPLE!!! THE EVIL DUDES NEED A WIN!!!!

^ This.Especially when the antagonist is your favorite character of all time.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

byndbored

That the couch is more comfy than my bed. :l
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Chishio Kunrin

The fact that in books where you've got a good V.S evil plot the good dudes always win. :l

Series where bad guys win are so sadly rare. :c I think most of them are in the genre of Tragedy. I wonder how many series out there have the bad guy as the protagonist (main character)? Unfortunately, series have to cater to the vast majority who will say that the series was terrible just because the bad guys won. "It was all for nothing? What a bunch of crud!"

The closest I've gotten to get is kind of lose-lose for all characters involved. The protagonists win, but at what cost? They've lost a lot. Like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Come on, just saying "Like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer" isn't a spoiler. We all know Joss Whedon loves to make his characters suffer.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jul 30, 15:02:44

^ This.Especially when the antagonist is your favorite character of all time.

When a bad guy you like turns out to have been a good guy all along, but he dies anyway, and you're like "NOOOOO!" because the fact that he was a good guy meant he didn't have to die after all! :'(

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

byndbored

Mojo jojo from the powerpuff girls took over the world once. ovO + lol

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 30, 15:08:15

Series where bad guys win are so sadly rare. :c I think most of them are in the genre of Tragedy. I wonder how many series out there have the bad guy as the protagonist (main character)? Unfortunately, series have to cater to the vast majority who will say that the series was terrible just because the bad guys won. "It was all for nothing? What a bunch of crud!"

The closest I've gotten to get is kind of lose-lose for all characters involved. The protagonists win, but at what cost? They've lost a lot. Like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Come on, just saying "Like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer" isn't a spoiler. We all know Joss Whedon loves to make his characters suffer.

I recommend you [PROTOTYPE] then.You play as a anti-hero and do whatever you want.Alex Mercer(the main guy of the first game) is my favorite character but in the sequel they make him the main antagonist(your enemy) and you play as totally new character who basically follows the same path as Alex with minor change.

The fact that Radical added DLC powers that aren't just logical to the game annoys me.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

AAA13

Quote from: byndbored on 2012 Jul 30, 15:10:01

I said In BOOKS. Not shows that I used to like but never watch anymore.
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Jul 30, 15:19:32

Oh. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a TV show. o_O Sorry. But eh, you have to admit, it's not just books that always have the good guys win.

The mentality of "Good guys always have to win" "This story sucks because the good guy lost" is especially troubling here in America, considering how much Americans love heroes. You're never gonna see Batman, Superman, or Spiderman lose. People would hate a movie in which any of those heroes lost.

PrincessButton

There are some books like that...they are called tragedies or scary novels.  X3

back on topic: The fact that my iphone is broken, and will only play the left half of music, whether it's pluged into headphones, speakers, a car, or just playing from it's own speakers.  >:/ >:/
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 30, 17:26:37 #1448 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 30, 18:35:38 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 30, 17:24:18

There are some books like that...they are called tragedies or scary novels.  X3

back on topic: The fact that my iphone is broken, and will only play the left half of music, whether it's pluged into headphones, speakers, a car, or just playing from it's own speakers.  >:/ >:/

I said tragedies too. :3 Glad I wasn't mistaken.

On-Topic: The worst thing about something only playing music on one side is that a lot of songs are like... surround sound formatted for some reason. So there's some stuff that only plays on one side and not the other, so if that side isn't working, the song sounds different with the sound's absence.

I've heard songs that have one type of guitar playing on the left while another type of guitar plays on the right. I can only imagine how bad it would sound if I could only hear one side.

[Edit]: Oh my good Celestia, I'm watching a video of Swedish news about bronies (with English subtitles). They actually interviewed bronies! News people here in America don't do that! It's not fair. Good on Sweden for being professional, but still, it's not fair. :s

lurk852

2012 Jul 30, 18:51:08 #1449 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 30, 18:53:20 by lurk852
It took me several seconds to realize what "colon" was supposed to be, then I laughed my arse off.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 30, 04:34:46
I don't have the skill to make videos, and that annoys me. I get really good ideas for AMVs, PMVs, and other videos. :c I just can't make them...

For example, I just got the idea to make a video showing clips of various ponies saying "Who?" and then Owlowicious saying "Hoo!" Then.. an animated Dr. Whooves just kinda standing there, he turns his eyes to look at the viewer, then looks ahead of himself again. Admittedly, that'd be easier than making an AMV or PMV, buuuut. neh.

As for me, I think of a lot of video ideas, and I have the skills required to edit most of them... but for some reason my movie editing program (Vegas) refuses to work with the vast majority of video files I try to make it use, even after conversion.

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 30, 17:24:18

Ouch, I can't stand stuff like that. My iPod Touch doesn't do that most of the time, but it's taken some pretty severe damage and it's broken in several other ways. The main problems are that the power button doesn't work at all and the battery dies very quickly.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 30, 15:31:20
Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Jul 30, 15:19:32

Oh. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a TV show. o_O Sorry. But eh, you have to admit, it's not just books that always have the good guys win.

The mentality of "Good guys always have to win" "This story sucks because the good guy lost" is especially troubling here in America, considering how much Americans love heroes. You're never gonna see Batman, Superman, or Spiderman lose. People would hate a movie in which any of those heroes lost.

I wouldn't say either of those quotes, but I greatly prefer stories where the good guys win. It doesn't have to be a complete victory - they just have to be not completely crushed. Why? Because reality is more than depressing enough already.

And stories with downer endings aren't completely nonexistent - just look at The Dark Knight.
Spoiler: show
Of course Batman doesn't die or anything, but he fails to save Rachel, and the Joker succeeds in his main plan of corrupting a hero.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Book Smarts

Going all the way through a dungeon in Final Fantasy IV, only to get killed by the boss who deals 9999 damage a hit and learn that you forgot the lyre that is needed to beat him. That being said, I have to reload a past save and then travel back to the town, get the item and run back.  >:/

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 30, 19:59:05
Going all the way through a dungeon in Final Fantasy IV, only to get killed by the boss who deals 9999 damage a hit and learn that you forgot the lyre that is needed to beat him. That being said, I have to reload a past save and then travel back to the town, get the item and run back.  >:/

Spending two hours going through the final dungeon in FF3 DS, only to get wiped out in two turns (after the scripted death at the start). That game was so brutal sometimes... after 2-3 attempts of that final area I gave up.

ChilledEagle

When I'm wearing headphones and then all of a sudden everybody wants to talk to me.

The Wandering Magus

whenever there's a massive argument over "statted RP vs unstatted RP"
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

byndbored

When a show takes itself too seriously when it shouldn't because it's serious enough already.

The Wandering Magus

when a show has a nonsensical ending involving completely made up new information or characters that there was absolutely no hint of.

(for instance, a regular slice of life story ending with random aliens blowing up the universe or a dog down the street suddenly becoming the evil overlord)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Lord of Madness

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 30, 21:52:24
when a show has a nonsensical ending involving completely made up new information or characters that there was absolutely no hint of.

(for instance, a regular slice of life story ending with random aliens blowing up the universe or a dog down the street suddenly becoming the evil overlord)

OMG ITS TRUE!! thou most of them i know of I wont mention here because you will look them up and be all like  o.O

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 30, 21:56:43

OMG ITS TRUE!! thou most of them i know of I wont mention here because you will look them up and be all like  o.O
some of them you COULD eventually come to terms with and go "okay, that KIND of makes sense", but some of them are just like :P

lurk852

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 30, 22:06:16

some of them you COULD eventually come to terms with and go "okay, that KIND of makes sense", but some of them are just like :P

Yeah, you have to look closely at things like that before complaining too much. I recently finished an anime whose ending seem to be extremely stupid and nonsensical, but after much pondering I realized that it was only mildly stupid and nonsensical.  :/

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 30, 22:07:46
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 30, 22:06:16

Yeah, you have to look closely at things like that before complaining too much. I recently finished an anime whose ending seem to be extremely stupid and nonsensical, but after much pondering I realized that it was only mildly stupid and nonsensical.  :/
which still isn't much better x3

Go Up