Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 May 16, 19:50:19
i saw this really nice HUGE Godzilla figure at the Fleamarket today which was being sold for only 15 bucks (and i thought the Original pricing was 30 or 20) but then i checked the price online and the price goes up to "149$"
i annoyingly missed out on a great Opportunity DD:!
(i don't want to point figures but SOMEONE! told me it was too much money so don't buys it!)

Man, would be cool.

But gotta be careful. Gotta make sure that the figure is the authentic one like from the one you seen online. Some can be cheap copies that almost mimic exactly like the real one.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 May 16, 19:52:58
Man, would be cool.

But gotta be careful. Gotta make sure that the figure is the authentic one like from the one you seen online. Some can be cheap copies that almost mimic exactly like the real one.
I'm not good at that but how would you do it?

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 May 16, 19:46:38
Unless they have never taken an engineering class since all the time in school.
Or they are probably students of... C-rating as I like to call it, where they do the work, but not much effort into the curriculum.

Been there buddy, but kind of makes me feel proud that I am that smart, so probably the same for you. (Assuming these are the dedicate ones who want to learn their best)

Well I haven't either. And we've been given the same amount of instruction. Maybe it's just because after all these days of time to work on the assignment, the deadline finally caught up and they're struggling to finish. It's still disappointing either way.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 May 16, 20:18:37
I'm not good at that but how would you do it?

Well for me I am not really a collector, but there is suppose to be some givaways like the details of the work, and maybe if there is some sticker or engraving or some sort of proof of  where it is manufactured or the artist who made it, then it may show it is legit.

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 16, 20:20:36
Well I haven't either. And we've been given the same amount of instruction. Maybe it's just because after all these days of time to work on the assignment, the deadline finally caught up and they're struggling to finish. It's still disappointing either way.

Oof... then... all I got to say for those seniors... Good luck, and study hard.
Hope you do fine on the project.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 May 16, 20:42:49
Oof... then... all I got to say for those seniors... Good luck, and study hard.
Hope you do fine on the project.

I finished a week and a half ago. I was the first to finish.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 16, 20:46:11
I finished a week and a half ago. I was the first to finish.

Ooh nice. Wish you the best in your results and grades.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 May 16, 20:53:37
Ooh nice. Wish you the best in your results and grades.

Thanks, man! I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think I'll do pretty good. I'm probably one of the more capable students there. Since I don't sit around talking to others completely ignoring what's going on. If they act like that, they don't deserve help.

Randam Saiko

*Receives a compliment on something I worked on*

Me on the outside: "Thanks! It's great to see the final product." :)
Me on the inside: "It's nice that you are trying to spare my feelings, but I know it is full of mistakes that clearly scream failure. Don't worry, I'll have this burned before sun down."
Reality: Average.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

I'm going to be sad to lose my dirt-cheap health insurance a year from now. Sure is nice getting high-quality healthcare for $16.50 a month. Come next July I'll be paying $110 a month for more or less the same thing.

Thanks USPS for not giving employees health insurance until after 360 days of service. Let's me stay on heavily government subsidized insurance that much longer.

Elphyda

When you forget your medication when spending the night, and suffer the consequences the next morning :c

Sunshine Smash

People who think that having whatever they want is their God-given right. People like Darksydephil. This guy thinks he can just play video games his whole life like it's owed to him. He says video games are his job. Me, and I'm assuming anyone who plays video games on this forum, plays them for fun. Then he complains, IN HIS ROOM FILLED WITH ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES! THAT HE ISN'T GETTING ENOUGH MONEY! I'm not usually THIS angry at things, heck this even rivals my vacation rant in anger. But this guy just plays video games to make a living, and disrespects his fanbase! While I don't like LPer's in general, at least the ones I'm familiar with actually thanks their fans. This guy doesn't do that!

He says he's the best gamer in the country, fun fact: He is actually horrendous at almost every single thing he's played! Acts like his fans are worthless, promotes his Patreon multiple times, and blames the games for his faults!

He's just so horrendous that he couldn't even learn how to lock-on and parry in Metal Gear Rising until the fight against Sam in the Colorado Badlands! The penultimate boss fight! He never even actually learned how to use blade mode! He didn't parry against Monsoon! He spent 30 minutes on Sundowner!

I don't get this mad, but this person is such a spoiled brat, that it makes my blood boil!

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 16, 20:58:55
Thanks, man! I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think I'll do pretty good. I'm probably one of the more capable students there. Since I don't sit around talking to others completely ignoring what's going on. If they act like that, they don't deserve help.

My thought train at my old school to a T.
Anyway, remember what I said about that IronFall game? Well IT HAPPENED AGAIN, THIS TIME WITH A GAME I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO!!!
Not sure if I can say the name, but in this "free-to-play" "game", you don't even get a DEMO of the story mode, and you can only play online three time a day unless you buy this bundle for £11! Jesus, Nintendo, STOP BEING SO FREAKING GREEDY, YOU JERKS!!!
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 17, 04:40:15
People who think that having whatever they want is their God-given right. People like Darksydephil. This guy thinks he can just play video games his whole life like it's owed to him. He says video games are his job. Me, and I'm assuming anyone who plays video games on this forum, plays them for fun. Then he complains, IN HIS ROOM FILLED WITH ACTION FIGURES AND COLLECTIBLES! THAT HE ISN'T GETTING ENOUGH MONEY! I'm not usually THIS angry at things, heck this even rivals my vacation rant in anger. But this guy just plays video games to make a living, and disrespects his fanbase! While I don't like LPer's in general, at least the ones I'm familiar with actually thanks their fans. This guy doesn't do that!

He says he's the best gamer in the country, fun fact: He is actually horrendous at almost every single thing he's played! Acts like his fans are worthless, promotes his Patreon multiple times, and blames the games for his faults!

He's just so horrendous that he couldn't even learn how to lock-on and parry in Metal Gear Rising until the fight against Sam in the Colorado Badlands! The penultimate boss fight! He never even actually learned how to use blade mode! He didn't parry against Monsoon! He spent 30 minutes on Sundowner!

I don't get this mad, but this person is such a spoiled brat, that it makes my blood boil!

It's my dream to become a YouTuber and make countdowns and LPs, and if I ever do get that dream going, I'd thank my fans at the start and end of every video, not treat them like dirt.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Zsaszz

I can't connect to the Psn, I've heard that it's been down since 12am early today but even though they say that it should be fine by now, is still giving me connection error, is someone else having this problem?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 17, 04:40:15

Does he even edit his videos, or does he just cut his recordings up into smaller videos? o.O
Because for a lot of Let's Players, their job is more than just recording themselves playing video games. They also go through their recordings, edit out any boring parts that no one will want to watch, and go through everything to make sure everything came out alright and the video and audio quality is good and synched up properly.

That's the big difference between, say... Cryaotic and TobyGames.
Cry actually edits his videos to cut out all the boring stuff, such as if he has to start over from an earlier point or has to travel all the way back to somewhere he's already been. Sometimes, he might make some kind of montage, especially if it'll be funny or entertaining. He's also a huge perfectionist about the quality of his videos. He gets annoyed if the audio has crackling anywhere in it. He tries to make absolutely sure that his videos are the best possible quality they can be.

Meanwhile, Toby... starts recording, and then ten minutes later, stops recording, then starts recording again for the next episode, then stops recording after ten minutes, so on and so forth. I heard that not too long ago, one of his recordings got messed up to where there was no audio. He posted it anyway. :facehoof:

So, yeah, some Let's Players put hours of work into making their videos as great as they can be after they finish recording themselves playing, and they still stay humble and remember that their fans are why they're so successful. They could do all that work just the same as always, but if no one was watching them, they wouldn't be making any money.

Even PewDiePie thanks his fans. He's the most subscribed on Youtube, and he's still humble. "I made it to (number) million, which *starts laughing a little* again is stupid. I wouldn't have made it this far without you, bros."

So, Darksydephil sounds like a jerk and a brat.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 17, 12:45:22
Does he even edit his videos, or does he just cut his recordings up into smaller videos? o.O
Because for a lot of Let's Players, their job is more than just recording themselves playing video games. They also go through their recordings, edit out any boring parts that no one will want to watch, and go through everything to make sure everything came out alright and the video and audio quality is good and synched up properly.

That's the big difference between, say... Cryaotic and TobyGames.
Cry actually edits his videos to cut out all the boring stuff, such as if he has to start over from an earlier point or has to travel all the way back to somewhere he's already been. Sometimes, he might make some kind of montage, especially if it'll be funny or entertaining. He's also a huge perfectionist about the quality of his videos. He gets annoyed if the audio has crackling anywhere in it. He tries to make absolutely sure that his videos are the best possible quality they can be.

Meanwhile, Toby... starts recording, and then ten minutes later, stops recording, then starts recording again for the next episode, then stops recording after ten minutes, so on and so forth. I heard that not too long ago, one of his recordings got messed up to where there was no audio. He posted it anyway. :facehoof:

So, yeah, some Let's Players put hours of work into making their videos as great as they can be after they finish recording themselves playing, and they still stay humble and remember that their fans are why they're so successful. They could do all that work just the same as always, but if no one was watching them, they wouldn't be making any money.

Even PewDiePie thanks his fans. He's the most subscribed on Youtube, and he's still humble. "I made it to (number) million, which *starts laughing a little* again is stupid. I wouldn't have made it this far without you, bros."

So, Darksydephil sounds like a jerk and a brat.

No, he doesn't edit, which is one of the reasons people hate him. In the 30 minutes it took him to beat Sundowner, none of it was edited. Everyone watching saw every single one of his failures. His entire MGR play through was, and I'm not kidding, filmed by pointing a camera at the screen! He didn't even use any screen capture software!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 17, 13:34:14
No, he doesn't edit, which is one of the reasons people hate him. In the 30 minutes it took him to beat Sundowner, none of it was edited. Everyone watching saw every single one of his failures. His entire MGR play through was, and I'm not kidding, filmed by pointing a camera at the screen! He didn't even use any screen capture software!

:facehoof: And he calls himself a Let's Player...
I can understand when someone points their camera at the screen if they're not a Let's Player and were just playing their game, when suddenly a weird glitch happens, and they want to share it with the world. But doing Let's Plays by pointing a camera at the screen? No. Just... no.

Randam Saiko

My right eye has been constantly twitching for the past few days and I'm still not sure whether it is from stress, lack of sleep, eye strains, or all of them combined.

When people think, "I'm busy right now," means "Persistently call their name 20 more times."

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Stardust Dragon

2015 May 17, 17:18:27 #16157 Last Edit: 2015 May 17, 22:23:17 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 17, 12:45:22

One of my common visits on Youtube is Chuggaaconroy...I don't even remember how I found out about him anyways.  While he can be loud sometimes (what some fans like him for), I prefer his obsessiveness for getting a good video out to his fanbase.  He's done playthroughs of multiple Pokemon games by this point and has stopped to give detailed bios of individual species and their usefulness in his opinion.  And he puts so much effort into editing graphics into these bios:
Spoiler: show

This is someone editing all of Chuggaa's bios from his FireRed playthrough into a single video; almost 50 minutes of his playthrough dedicated to them (and skimming through it, I think he actually brings up all 150 of the original species plus a few from the Sevii Islands).  The graphics themselves are original to Chuggaa's videos, and this was him in 2009; he's only gotten better at editing since.  And overall Chuggaa's also really interested in his fanbase, taking suggestions for his Pokemon's names off of Twitter for all 5 of his playthroughs (Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald, Colleseum and XD), and letting the fanbase choose 2/3rds of his party for the final battle of Xenoblade. 

Its for LP'ers like him that I'm thankful we have, because hearing about Darksydephil really depresses me...

Post Merge

Someone close to you having troubles, but you not having a way to help them, or at least any knowledge of how to...

Chishio Kunrin

When there's something in a fandom that people keep misunderstanding and spreading misinformation about, and the more times you have to explain it over and over, the more tired of it you get.

In RWBY, the characters allude to people and characters from classic stories. Like... fairy tales, The Wizard of Oz, Greek mythology, etc and so forth. Stories that have withstood the test of time and been retold.

There's a team that has two characters whose appearances are based on K-Pop stars.
Neptune's appearance is based on TOP, and his character alludes to Neptune/Poseidon.
Scarlet's appearance is based on G-Dragon, and we don't know what character he(?) alludes to.
(I'll be honest, there's debate over whether Scarlet is a girl or a boy because they haven't actually shown up properly in the show, and we can't tell just by looking. To some people, including me, Scarlet appears to have the um... torso of a girl, despite having the typical "guy" eye type that male characters in RWBY have.)

So many people keep saying that Scarlet is based on G-Dragon. Overall. Not their appearance. Just, the entirety of them is based on G-Dragon, so they're like "Ruby is based on Little Red Riding Hood, Weiss is based on Snow White, Scarlet is based on G-Dragon..."
NO. NO THEY'RE NOT. :facehoof: Their APPEARANCE is based on G-Dragon! Only the way they look!

And some people get so confused when I point that out, so I have to use Neptune to explain what I mean.
"Like, Neptune's appearance is based on TOP, but he himself is actually based on Neptune/Poseidon. Get it? Only the way he looks is based on TOP. Only the way that Scarlet looks is based on G-Dragon."

Midnight Breeze

Go Up