Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Feb 24, 21:26:59
I'm in a nice little RP that just started out. But the person my OC is currently interacting with can't be on for very often. We manage to get in about four/five posts between the two of us before they have to leave. Its really annoying....

RP after the conversation and if need be return as a flashback.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Ramisha

I studied history for at least 3 hours. I worked so hard and I got a B. Only 2 people got an A.  A lot of people needed one point for an A just like me.
And then the teacher says "If you wanted an A, you should have studied!"  >:O >:O ARGH JUST shut up.

Sunshine Smash

Tests that pull questions that are so much different than what we've studied. I've got that in some of my Russian tests and sometimes manages to make me lose a few points. Really? You want to pull that cheap tactic? Alright, fine.....

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Midnight Breeze

I was gonna go grocery shopping today but it's snowing. Forget that, I ain't leaving this house. Last time I tried driving on snow last winter I nearly crashed 3 times in the same trip. It's like my breaks just flat out don't work. Well, I guess i'm gonna have to get used to having snow a couple times a year instead of once or twice a decade.

Chromastone64

Everyone is posting that they've got too much snow.
We haven't GOT ANY HERE FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

I'm abnormally tired today, I usually take this energy pill to keep me awake, but I'm still kinda tired today.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Pipkin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 25, 09:21:33

By all means, bring a truck or 1000 and take it all away!  X3

We got more last night.  It can stop too.  The cold is bad enough

Midnight Breeze

When something funny happens while I'm gaming and I can't stop laughing. Totally throws off my gameplay, yo. Just now I was taking part in an online Crew race with 4 other people. When we rounded a corner on a dirt road a someone behind me hit the side of my angled truck, causing him to launch off a cliff cutting backflips and junk. Then I immediately hear a hispanic guy say "Oh my effing God.  O:". I was laughing so hard I ended up coming in last place...

Rush of MLP

I hate snow, especially when all of the poor drivers are still out driving on the iced-over roads. It may only snow once every five years where I'm at, but the people should know through common sense that they should be looking at the road and driving slower.

Randam Saiko

Work: Alright, Saiko, that's all for today! You can go home now!
Me: Finally! *anxiously awaits comfort on the way home*
Me: *Walks through the front doors*
Responsibilities: Sup.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 25, 14:40:27
When something funny happens while I'm gaming and I can't stop laughing. Totally throws off my gameplay, yo. Just now I was taking part in an online Crew race with 4 other people. When we rounded a corner on a dirt road a someone behind me hit the side of my angled truck, causing him to launch off a cliff cutting backflips and junk. Then I immediately hear a hispanic guy say "Oh my effing God.  O:". I was laughing so hard I ended up coming in last place...

I've had that kind of reaction playing too, but my real problem is how infectious other laughter is to me.  If there's a few people laughing about something I'm likely to end up joining in, even if I don't find what they're laughing at funny.  It's ended up with more than a couple of moments where I'm personally uncomfortable with what I was "laughing" at.

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 26, 02:33:31 #15571 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 26, 02:38:12 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 24, 08:10:26
]If it's freezing cold and it rains or sleets (or, in the southern states of the US, snows), ice forms on the sidewalks and streets.

The sidewalk in my front yard that leads from the street to my front porch is covered in ice right now.
in retrospect i don't think i was thinking strait when i asked that lol
since i dealt with ice sidewalks before

Post Merge

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 25, 05:22:11
I studied history for at least 3 hours. I worked so hard and I got a B. Only 2 people got an A.  A lot of people needed one point for an A just like me.
And then the teacher says "If you wanted an A, you should have studied!"  >:O >:O ARGH JUST shut up.
exactly why i stopped Studying before cause no matter how much i studied i never got any better so i just relaxed myself and somehow i got to High school (admittedly i may have flunked a few times or a lot)
i don't recall tests being graded that way in my school but i see it on Cartoons and such

Post Merge

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 25, 09:21:33
i wish everyone could cover me in Snow
why the heck my parents choose to come here in the tropical contries during my favorite season i'll never know DD:

Midnight Breeze

Well this is embarrassing. I've lost so much weight that my underwear barely stay up anymore. I'll be walking down the sidewalk and it feels like my pants are falling down, but it's my underwear falling down inside my pants.

Ramisha

2015 Feb 26, 05:01:59 #15573 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 26, 05:23:51 by Ramisha
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 26, 02:33:31
i don't recall tests being graded that way in my school but i see it on Cartoons and such

well actually my tests are graded with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 but I know Americans use F, D, C. B and A so I put those...

I have a competition tomorrow and I don't know anything, why do they put stuff we never learned in competitions. look:
Prove that the following inequation applies for every real number x, x > -1 :

This is 1st grade of highschool if you were wondering, also if someone could explain to me how this is solved that would be awesome.
edit:
Spoiler: what • show

Define X, Y and Z if the following applies

Lync Volan

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 26, 05:01:59
but I know Americans use F, D, C. B and A so I put those...
i went to school in America and the Philippines but i still don't recall them being graded that way :s?

Ramisha

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 26, 05:25:34
i went to school in America and the Philippines but i still don't recall them being graded that way :s?

really?
How are they graded?

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 26, 05:45:55 #15576 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 26, 06:54:23 by Lync Volan
the way i might have sounded "Angry" today when my parents were going back to Baguio for the 2nd time

i was planing to go with them i even woke up earlier then them to get ready but then my body started hurting and my dad was lecturing me on about being "Considerate" since he changed the time we had to leave to "7am" when it was "8am" because of some random person i don't know (i used to have to wake up at 6am when i was still going to school i even had sleepless nights but for some reason now waking up early is a problem)

so they tried to get me out of bed but i knew i would just be a burden at the time so i told them to just leave (in a rather angry voice possibly) since my mother keeps thinking she did something to make me not wanna come anymore

now i'm Home Alone for 3 days though i don't think this is my first time being home alone but as a young child i possibly was left alone at home already if i remember right

I'm just annoyed that i sounded angry when i wasn't :l

Post Merge

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 26, 05:45:24
really?
How are they graded?
i'm not really sure i kinda go "All Oblivious" when it came to school grades and the likes since it never concerned me since i never thought i would even "do good for the world" by passing nor did i think i would be living up to now but...i'm sure it wasn't letters cause i would be able to recall that in a pinch X3

Post Merge

those "Anti Bullying" Ads cause they talk about Bullies yet i don't see fists flying nor do i see adult bullies and they tried to imply the idea of "Telling a teacher" when i know for a fact all the teachers i have met would not help you but instead laugh at your face then make it worse using there power

its like there making a mockery of the real problem and given my past experiences it has not helped at all but don't get me wrong i sort of do support the idea its just a serious problem and there not taking it seriously at all

if anything shows like Danny Phantom were the only things on tv that had a "spot on" bully but less problematic since at least i could enjoy the show and it does not try to shove these things in your face

though i don't personally think its possible to stop "bullying" i still think its possible to find new ways to deal with it

(i could always change the channel or ignore it but the title of this topic is "Dumb things that annoy you")     

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 26, 05:45:55
i'm not really sure i kinda go "All Oblivious" when it came to school grades and the likes since it never concerned me since i never thought i would even "do good for the world" by passing nor did i think i would be living up to now but...i'm sure it wasn't letters cause i would be able to recall that in a pinch X3

They're graded with numbers of 0-100, but we call certain number ranges certain letters.
Like...
90-100 is an A
80-89 is a B
70-79 is a C
As far as I've heard, no one really calls a grade a D anymore. So, anything under a 70 is a failing grade, an F.
It's graded on what percentage you got right.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 26, 08:50:09
They're graded with numbers of 0-100, but we call certain number ranges certain letters.
Like...
90-100 is an A
80-89 is a B
70-79 is a C
As far as I've heard, no one really calls a grade a D anymore. So, anything under a 70 is a failing grade, an F.
i think i got 60's a lot then :s

Pipkin

2015 Feb 26, 17:00:20 #15579 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 26, 17:08:18 by LaptopBrony
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 26, 08:50:09
Like...
90-100 is an A
80-89 is a B
70-79 is a C

America is weird.....this is my grading system
A+    90.00 - 100.00    A+    
A    80.00 - 89.99    A    
B    70.00 - 79.99    B    
C    60.00 - 69.99    C    
D    50.00 - 60.99    D    
F    0.00 - 49.99    F

Oh, on a side note, I also found a GPA calculator on the same site I found this stuff on.....I was always curious what my gpa would be if we used that system
2.97 doesnt sound to bad

Go Up