Newest Episodes(Season 3, Episode 13(1080p!))!

Started by Nameless, 2012 Mar 19, 17:54:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ComputerDeathglare

By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Book Smarts

Spoiler: show
Discord and Fluttershy make a great combination for an episode, very amusing  ^-^. In my own honest opinion though, when Discord is in an episode, it needs to be a two parter. The story of the episode felt rushed because of the 30 minute limit. This episode is still great though

Dragnmastralex

Just saw the new episode, Discord a good guy? doesn't fit... what's next reforming Queen Crysllis and King Sombra?  they are taking the Nightmare Moon into Princess Luna change too far and trying to make all the villians into good.
[/center]

Night Pony

I really liked the episode. We got more chaos and Discord is here to stay. I was a little surprised that he agreed to use his magic for good but we all know that he will still make some chaos here and there.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Dragnmastralex

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 19, 13:00:23
I really liked the episode. We got more chaos and Discord is here to stay. I was a little surprised that he agreed to use his magic for good but we all know that he will still make some chaos here and there.

well duh, but to be fair the ponies do that too. it's called practical jokes. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash do it all the time
[/center]

super_chris85

Quote from: Dragnmastralex on 2013 Jan 19, 12:47:49
Just saw the new episode, Discord a good guy? doesn't fit... what's next reforming Queen Crysllis and King Sombra?  they are taking the Nightmare Moon into Princess Luna change too far and trying to make all the villians into good.

Actually i think they did this episode for fans who liked discord I don't think they will go as far to try and reform Crysllis she is just plain evil same goes for Sombra and having dicord around will make a lot of  bronies happy as long as he shows up more then just this time

Dragnmastralex

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Jan 19, 13:31:53

Actually i think they did this episode for fans who liked discord I don't think they will go as far to try and reform Crysllis she is just plain evil same goes for Sombra and having dicord around will make a lot of  bronies happy as long as he shows up more then just this time

every villain in the show has their own fans. doesn't mean we should turn them all good so we can see them more. Trixie came back and bang they maker her good, now Discord.... it's a trend I don't like.  I liked them because they were bad and gave our ponies more character and showed they can overcome anything if they stick together. this is what I call the Dragonball Z syndrome where they try and make all villains into friends and it's disillusion because not everyone can be friends some are motivated by greed and hate friendship they just crave what they want and will do anything to get it. saying the spirit of chaos can be tamed and become good is like saying we can do away with war, greed, poverty, and hate and all we have to do is forsake all we know and all become friends.  Its not that easy.
[/center]

PPBG

2013 Jan 19, 14:12:39 #648 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 14:14:16 by PPBG
Well, I thought the episode was nice. With Discord being "reformed" at the end -I found it sappy, but cute. I liked the gravy-boat dog thing. Even if it didn't feel realistic, character-wise. However, who needs realism when you have chocolate rain?
Personally though, I liked Discord as the King of Chaos better.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Book Smarts

Why doesn't Celestia just allow Discord to rule of Everfree Forest? He would feel right at home there  :o

Gracie Sky

2013 Jan 19, 17:29:00 #650 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 18:00:11 by Gracie Sky
This is a very technical situation, determining just how "good" Discord is, now. We all know that "good" is subject to interpretation.

He's not evil, he's just chaotic, it's his nature. From what I can tell, he knows he can't best the Elements of Harmony. Of course, he's still going to be manipulative and have as much fun as possible, pushing the envelope as far as he can. If he suspects being a statue in his near future, he will back off on the mischief.

With that said, his relationship with Fluttershy is delicate at best. It's pretty obvious Discord has been abusing Fluttershy's attempts at being his friend, but that doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy the freedoms that come with Fluttershy being his friend. Whereas everypony else is just dying for him to step over the line so they can stone him and get him out of their hair, Fluttershy's friendship is the only thing keeping him from his statuey fate.

It gets to the point where Fluttershy promises not to use her Element against him as a sign of her friendship. This is the big part. He realizes that he cannot keep abusing Fluttershy's faith that he won't make life miserable, because it is putting his "friendship" with Fluttershy in jeopardy. If he loses this friendship, he's as good as stone because even though Fluttershy promised not to use her Element against him, she made that promise as a friend. If she were no longer his friend, such a contract would be null and void.

Now, I believe Discord is still going to be a mischievous little imp, but he's going to use his mischievousness for good now. However, by "good", I mean "not bad", and by "not bad", I mean "whatever doesn't upset Fluttershy". We know Fluttershy cuts Discord a mile of slack and as long as it doesn't ruin anypony's life, she'll probably let it slide. She let's him get away with turning her cottage into a flying hamster wheel, for crying out loud.

As I believe it went in Discord's mind:
-"She can't use the Elements against me because we're friends!"
-"You think you can boss Discord around? You think I'm just going to turn all this back because you say so? Because if I don't, I'll lose the one friend I ever had?"
-(Wait a minute... if she's no longer my friend, she can use the Elements against me! Plan B.)
-"Well played, Fluttershy. Well played."

But all honesty, he liked it when Fluttershy was kind to him. He didn't want to lose it, if he could help it.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

videogamehunter

I didn't really care for this episode. I like some parts but my favorite villein turning good. ovO I just hope he comes back again and cause some kind of chaos

Little Judas

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 19, 15:17:51
Why doesn't Celestia just allow Discord to rule of Everfree Forest? He would feel right at home there  :o

I thought about that to, giving him a piece of land, a place where he could go nuts.

Though once you think about it, why did Celestia want Discord back?
Because she wants freedom for everyone? We all know better than that.
My best guesses are:
1) She wants a powerful being at her command in battle, after foes as Chrysalis and Sombra, she too needs to "up her game".
2) The rumours about the Alicornisation of Twilight are correct and Discord is needed for his powerful "Magic of the Ancients".
Either way, I believe she only wanted him free because of the power.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Tiger

This was a really touching episode  :] Discord realised the happiness of having a friend and didn't want to lose it. I have a feeling they're going to be good friend  ^-^

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

He said "most of the time". There are some theories that something big is going to happen in the finale, though, that Celestia might need him for. Honestly, I hope Sombra's coming back so we can get more character development for him than just "Crystalssss. Yeesss. My crystal slavessss."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Julius

That was so beautiful! So sweet! So touching! So cute!

Oh Fluttershy, you're adorable and kind, and "your kindness won't betray" anyone! (What a great time for AcoustiMandoBrony to release their song, eh?). :)

Oh Discord... Friendship IS Magic! (Best line right there). :')

I think this may be my favorite episode so far! Or atleast, right up there with Wonderbolt Academy.

It's time for me to ask, what'd he say when he was stretching right after being released? I think I heard him say Fashion choice but that's about it... :\
Purr~

Night Pony

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 20, 09:47:57

Oh Fluttershy, you're adorable and kind, and "your kindness won't betray" anyone! (What a great time for AcoustiMandoBrony to release their song, eh?). :)

I think this may be my favorite episode so far! Or atleast, right up there with Wonderbolt Academy.

It's time for me to ask, what'd he say when he was stretching right after being released? I think I heard him say Fashion choice but that's about it... :\

Quotewhen you're a creature of chaos stone bodysuits aren't your typical go to fashion choice

Unless you ask for every line after release to the fashion choices.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Julius

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 20, 10:11:59
Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jan 20, 09:47:57

Quotewhen you're a creature of chaos stone bodysuits aren't your typical go to fashion choice

Unless you ask for every line after release to the fashion choices.

Nope! That's perfect! Thanks man! ^-^

Oh, that Discord... lol
Purr~

Jenzy

Discord being random and all over the place. Awesome.

That little continuity with Sweet Apple Acres. I expected that.

The spinning house thing was rather interesting. At least there's Magic to fix anything that broke.
I wouldn't want that to happen. My precious computer! D:

The ending seemed like it jumped, but it's like that in a lot of TV shows. People are like that too. They can change last moment. :')

"Keep the Elements. If it gets out of hand, uh... I know where to hide the body..."

Best moment: "Friendship is Magic." Then Celestia looks at the screen with a really worried face... :/

ArtVeigar

Really good episode, but leaves something suspicious in the air. Why was Discord's reform needed, if even at the end of the episode Celestia wasn't totally sure about it's efficience? If she was satisfied with that, it's because Discord probably wasn't reformed just because Celestia was kind, but probably because his powers are needed, and as seen in this episode and in the two first episodes of the second season, they are HUGE! For a normal unicorn, and even for Twilight, some spells are rather difficult, but Discord can change the world around him without even sweating.

And Discord doesn't seem to be fully reformed, but he really seems to care about his new friendship with Fluttershy, and probably won't do anything to break it. He'll probably keep his chaotic nature, but won't do anything to upset Fluttershy.

Anyway, I hope he does appear more, but he probably won't be better than Luna, appearing in a single episode each season (something I personally think is a waste, as Luna is best pony and Discord is best anything-that-is-not-a-pony. But I sense something huge for the final episodes, even if I haven't seen the promo for them yet. Hope my spectations are true.

Go Up