Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Getting home at 6pm, exhausted as always, especially as I didnt sleep the last couple nights.  Passed out and woke up wide awake at 11pm....
it's now 1:20am, I work at 9am and I am super bored...i'm not in the mood to draw and the rest of my friends are either sleeping or preoccupied in things that dont remotely interest me...

Randam Saiko

Trying to explain ANYTHING to idiots and stubborn people. Every time this happens, I can physically feel my brain cells painfully die slow.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Elphyda

Neglectful people.  There are few things I can safely say I wish didn't exist in the world, and this is one of them.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2015 May 31, 14:09:47
Neglectful people.  There are few things I can safely say I wish didn't exist in the world, and this is one of them.

Speaking of things I wish didn't exist: Parasites.
What do they contribute to the world?! Other than the parasites that actually have a mutual relationship with other animals where they help animals while using them.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 31, 15:16:37
What do they contribute to the world?! Other than the parasites that actually have a mutual relationship with other animals where they help animals while using them.

I know one thing that shouldn't exist: FLIES. Seriously, they die within the DAY, and they do nothing productive AT ALL. Plus, without them, we wouldn't need "shudder" spiders.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

What do they contribute to the world?!

Nothing. Life doesn't evolve based on the what it can give to the world, it evolves based on what it can get from the world. So long as feeding off others remains a legitimate means of surviving and thriving parasites will continue to exist. It's just nature.

Other than the parasites that actually have a mutual relationship with other animals where they help animals while using them.

That wouldn't be a parasite. Parasites by definition are those that benefit while the host is harmed. A relationship where both organisms benefit is a symbiotic relationship. The billions of bacteria in the human digestive tract are not parasites because they aid in digestion. It's symbiosis.

Rissian

Fighting Chaos over and over again just to get a single skill from him in Sonic Battle. It takes forever.  :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 May 31, 15:30:48
I know one thing that shouldn't exist: FLIES. Seriously, they die within the DAY, and they do nothing productive AT ALL. Plus, without them, we wouldn't need "shudder" spiders.

We would still need spiders without flies, I think, since spiders eat all kinds of bugs. o.O
Also, aren't flies the source of maggots, or am I mistaken? Maggots help break down decomposing, uh... y'know... meat.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 May 31, 16:02:35
Nothing. Life doesn't evolve based on the what it can give to the world, it evolves based on what it can get from the world. So long as feeding off others remains a legitimate means of surviving and thriving parasites will continue to exist. It's just nature.

That wouldn't be a parasite. Parasites by definition are those that benefit while the host is harmed. A relationship where both organisms benefit is a symbiotic relationship. The billions of bacteria in the human digestive tract are not parasites because they aid in digestion. It's symbiosis.

1. That makes sense, I guess, but from another standpoint about life, it kinda doesn't make as much sense. Then again, the laws of how the universe develops and how life continues were made a thing for a reason.

2. Ah, right, I couldn't remember what that was called.

Midnight Breeze

My landlord got snippy with me when he saw that I jury rigged my (largely unused) balcony doors with duct tape as a half-bummed weatherstripping. He said that if messes up the paint I could potentially lose my deposit for it.

What a dingaling. I've reported I don't know how many times that the doors are not properly sealed. I can see daylight through the edges and they leak rather badly when it rains. I don't particularly care about the leaks - I mean, it's his floors getting ruined, not mine - but I've got power bills to think about. I want to pay to cool my apartment, not the state of Texas. If he won't fix my doors then I'm taking matters into my own hands to keep my bills down.

If I lose my $150 deposit because of it I don't care. I'll save more than that in energy bills by sealing it off. Plus, if I know I'm going to lose my deposit anyway then I don't need to make any effort to leave the place clean when I move out. I think I'll grind some dirt into the ratty old carpet before I leave...and make sure the walls are nice and scuffed up...I might just forget about that leaky washer drain hose causing water damage in the utility room. If he doesn't respect me as a tenant I won't respect him as a landlord.

MarshyMellow

What I feel like most of the time.. >:/

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

MarshyMellow

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Jun 01, 11:32:52

Netflix can be so unfair sometimes..

Why must they remove the shows we love? :( they also removed spongebob >:(

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Elphyda

Broken promises.  It's the best way to get on my bad side.

Lync Volan

1.I was gone for 12 days (or more) and was never able to check my facebook till now but i can't seem to see notes past May 25 for some reason so i feel like i neglected someone

2.I am annoyed at the fact that all my family vacations turn into bickering even though i asked them nicely not to do that this time

3.When ppl confuse "My Way & Your Way" as "Right & Wrong"   

4.when i lose a bunch of notes i wrote down lol

Sweet Brew

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2015 Jun 01, 12:20:29
Broken promises.  It's the best way to get on my bad side.
As they said in MLP.
"The best way to lose a friend is to brake a promise."

Stardust Dragon

Carl's Jr and their new "MURIKA" thickburger, especially the commercial that keeps making the rounds on youtube...This is a two stage issue for me.

Stage 1: A cheeseburger w/ hotdog and chips on it.  I respect that some people might like that, but for me, I can already feel my arteries clogging from witnessing this thing.

Stage 2: the advertisement itself.  They explain their "brilliant" idea with nothing but the phrase "Because America".  To me a commercial like this says "buy this or you aren't American".  I'm sorry, but what?  So sorry to have simpler tastes, or think "that looks absolutely disgusting", that's no reason to take potshots at my nationality.  :/

Not to mention the commercial itself is so ludicrously over the top that the only missing a bald eagle crying a single tear as it flies into the sun.  Seriously overkill, Carl's Jr.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 01, 22:24:54
Carl's Jr and their new "MURIKA" thickburger, especially the commercial that keeps making the rounds on youtube...This is a two stage issue for me.

Stage 1: A cheeseburger w/ hotdog and chips on it.  I respect that some people might like that, but for me, I can already feel my arteries clogging from witnessing this thing.

Stage 2: the advertisement itself.  They explain their "brilliant" idea with nothing but the phrase "Because America".  To me a commercial like this says "buy this or you aren't American".  I'm sorry, but what?  So sorry to have simpler tastes, or think "that looks absolutely disgusting", that's no reason to take potshots at my nationality.  :/

Not to mention the commercial itself is so ludicrously over the top that the only missing a bald eagle crying a single tear as it flies into the sun.  Seriously overkill, Carl's Jr.

Calm down, bro. They're just playfully poking fun at a stereotype. Everyone country does it.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jun 01, 23:01:18
Calm down, bro. They're just playfully poking fun at a stereotype. Everyone country does it.

Eh, I didn't really see it as "playful".  I see what you mean though.  Still bugs me.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 01, 22:24:54

I think they say "Because America" not as "If you don't like this, you're not American" but "We made this because MURICA, am I right or am I right?? Haha because we're American and we make things like this HA!" Pretty much, like Midnight said, they were poking fun at the stereotype.

I know every time I go to the fair and see fried butter, I think "'Murica."

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 01, 23:18:09
I think they say "Because America" not as "If you don't like this, you're not American" but "We made this because MURICA, am I right or am I right?? Haha because we're American and we make things like this HA!" Pretty much, like Midnight said, they were poking fun at the stereotype.

I know every time I go to the fair and see fried butter, I think "'Murica."

I've seen one too many arguments that really do act how I interpreted this one, so I guess that irritation just got mixed in and I wasn't able to separate it.  I was kind of overblowing my thoughts on it too, sorry if I made it seem otherwise.

Also, I knew I was going to get tripped up by Breeze's username; my OC has the same "first" name so I'm kinda used to being addressed as such.  Oh well.

Go Up