Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Elphyda

When you aren't informed about something until the very last minute.  Oh, there's a test tomorrow morning about everything I didn't have memorized?  Oh, you knew about it for the past two weeks?  Lovely!

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 05, 03:58:34 #15301 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 05, 04:03:12 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 04, 22:07:16
I don't understand why Raven is even in the Teen Titans. It's not like she needs help, she's so powerful the other titans don't even need to be there. Heck, she expends more effort each day trying to CONTROL her colossal power so that she can live her day-to-day life than she expends actually using it in combat. She also has a loner personality and doesn't seem like she cares about talking to others much, so wouldn't she do better as a solo heroine?
keeping balance and control over her powers is important or she could dominate the entire planet so simply letting it all out during combat could have dyer Consequences
and about the "not talking to others" thing i think she likes the presence of others "somewhat"
besides if she were to "totally" isolate her self she would easily become cold hearted and might just do as her father wanted instead of being a "Solo Hero"

Post Merge

well this is pretty much "dumb" but it doesn't "annoy" me that much X3

Fortunes that don't count as Fortunes :l
Spoiler: Example • show

Midnight Breeze

While I was in Natchitoches I closed out the IRA account I had at my old bank and withdrew all the money. Had to pay $120 to the federal government as an early withdrawal penalty. I don't think I'm gonna open another IRA for another decade or 2. Locking away money like that at my young age doesn't really make sense. I've got 40 years to save for retirement, it's better to keep money available. I just don't like the idea of keeping money in a savings account with almost nonexistent interest, every year I basically lose money because of inflation.

That reminds me, I've also got several hundred dollars sitting in a 403(b) account from my old employer that I'd forgotten about. I have no idea how to get it at this point... >:/

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 04, 22:07:16
I don't understand why Raven is even in the Teen Titans. It's not like she needs help, she's so powerful the other titans don't even need to be there. Heck, she expends more effort each day trying to CONTROL her colossal power so that she can live her day-to-day life than she expends actually using it in combat. She also has a loner personality and doesn't seem like she cares about talking to others much, so wouldn't she do better as a solo heroine?

Actually, that ties into the origins of the comic line.

Most of the characters were one-off comic lines that died, I'm pretty sure Raven included.
They just weren't popular enough, so DC discontinued them in favor of other comics and characters.  Someone had the bright idea to put all these (Failed) characters into a comic together, and BAM
The Teen Titans were born.  Go team.

When autocorrect decides it's a good idea to leave incorrect words how they are, and change correct words into other ones.
<br />

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2015 Feb 05, 20:30:33

Most of the characters were one-off comic lines that died, I'm pretty sure Raven included.
They just weren't popular enough, so DC discontinued them in favor of other comics and characters.  Someone had the bright idea to put all these (Failed) characters into a comic together, and BAM

When autocorrect decides it's a good idea to leave incorrect words how they are, and change correct words into other ones.

Robin is a failed one-off?!

Caballia

When all I've got is $10 and the adult beverages don't have price tags.
Oh, what a night

Randam Saiko

"I really should get to finishing that story I've been working on."
"I should probably get started on that idea I had."
"What should I work on now?"
"I have free time right now. What to do?"

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Peace Keeper

I read news of a woman who divorced her husband because he didn't want to give up his son with Down Syndrome.

It's a dumb thing to do, but something serious as well. It hurts me a lot cause I have a niece with Down Syndrome, and to just reject a child for it and divorcing... gets me angry. I am proud for the father for keeping the son.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Lync Volan

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2015 Feb 05, 20:30:33

this is what i got for not collecting comic books DD:

Rissian

It seems each year that goes by the cold starts to bother me a little more even though it didn't used to... Which kinda sucks since I love snow.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Feb 06, 08:18:02
It seems each year that goes by the cold starts to bother me a little more even though it didn't used to... Which kinda sucks since I love snow.
now that you mention it i had that trouble before...:s
i'm still gonna engulf myself in snow whenever i get the chance though :3

Sunshine Smash

My English teacher.

She refuses to grade one of my papers because it was a day late and considers it "irrelevant." The very next period after she told me about revolved solely around the paper SHE DIDN'T GRADE! She's a liar!  >:O

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Itty Bit

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Feb 05, 21:50:32

This is the most accurate thing I've ever seen

Night Pony

Where's the skill meter?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Zsaszz

Quote from: Carm on 2015 Feb 04, 22:10:46
i freaking HATE the color blue, nothing rational about it just hate blue and everything blue

i used to tell myself it's no big deal, blue isn't that common in the real world, i stay inside so blue sky isn't a problem, people don't have blue skin so i'm not racist (i didn't fully enjoy the movie avatar tho) and i wear black jeans and non blue shirts, all is fine...

but ofcourse i had to become brony and be surrounded by blue furs/blue hairs everywhere XD

Spoiler: Blue... • show

i will just leave this here...:ajshifty:

Chromastone64

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 06, 08:29:36
now that you mention it i had that trouble before...:s
i'm still gonna engulf myself in snow whenever i get the chance though :3

Where I am, we've been promised snow for about a month now.
It has snowed lightly, but NEVER settled.
This is why I don't trust weather reports.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: show

I have two story ideas, and currently, all I'm able to do with them is just record my ideas for them in a notebook while trying to flesh them out enough to actually write the stories. :c
One, the inspiration for came out of nowhere. It involves angels and stuff, so I dunno if I should explain it here.

The other is inspired by Monty Oum. It's about a teenager who dreams of being an animator. One night, he gets sucked into his computer and ends up in the world he has been creating for his newest project. He decides to walk around because it's an awesome experience to wander a fictional world he created. But then, he discovers that the world's story is continuing without him animating it, and his presence has caused the story to change. He has no idea how to get back to the real world, so he decides to just participate in the story and help his protagonists.

I came up with my idea for that story while listening to music, so I decided that the stuff in that world will have a music theme. Like, when a monster is defeated, it drops a spherical crystal called a Note.
I've also decided that their culture focuses a lot on efficiency, given that Monty focused a lot on efficiency. So, for example, even though they don't really need Notes to fight monsters, they happily use them to their advantage to make monster slaying more efficient. If they're going to face a fire type monster, they'll equip ice Notes, for example. By doing this, they take it down more quickly and easily, thus saving time and energy.

What annoys me todayyy...
"Turkey's Family Ministry launches probe into Minecraft video game."
QuoteTurkey's Family and Social Policies Ministry has launched an investigation into video game "Minecraft" on grounds that it encourages violence, especially against woman.

The investigation aims at inspecting whether or not the game contains motives to trigger violence in its players.

Minecraft is a video game that allows the player to make designs with cubes in 2D or 3D. The game has several modes and in some of the modes, the player needs to survive in order to proceed with the game. To survive through all of the various levels one may fight with monsters, create handmade weapons and use them. If the player cannot survive and dies in any of the levels, he/she has to start the game all over again.

The range of monsters the player has to fight in order to keep playing include zombies, skeletons, spiders, witches, giants, dragons, guardians and killer bunnies.

In the higher levels of the game the player may need to kill women, allies and even friends for survival reasons.

The ministry has received many complaints regarding the violent elements, especially against women, in the video game and thus launched an inspection.

If the ministry's investigation decides that the game encourages violence, the ministry will proceed by opening a law suit against the game for a country-wide ban.

Minecraft, which had been sold to Microsoft for $2.5 billion, had also caused debate in the U.S. for containing elements of violence.

Their information is all W-R-O-N-G wrong.
  1. There's really no "proceeding" in Minecraft. There are no "levels." It's just one world, and you try to survive as long as you can. The only thing that can be referred to as "levels" is your experience levels, which are used for enchanting things.
  2. Hardcore mode is the only mode in which dying is a problem. That world just becomes completely useless because you can't play in it anymore. You delete it and create a new one. In Survival mode, if you die, oh well, you respawn and should go find the items you dropped before they despawn. Everything you built still exists. Everything you put in chests is still there. You're not starting all over.
  3. "In the higher levels of the game the player may need to kill women, allies and even friends for survival reasons." Again, what levels?! There are no levels! There are no women! You are never required to kill allies or friends! In fact, in multiplayer, people tend to work together to survive, rather than killing each other. People find it more efficient to work together, thus promoting teamwork.
Minecraft is not that "violent," especially in comparison to other video games. The animation for attacking any enemy, even when using a sword, is more equivalent to hitting them with a stick until they fall over and disappear.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 06, 15:01:25
Spoiler: show
I have two story ideas, and currently, all I'm able to do with them is just record my ideas for them in a notebook while trying to flesh them out enough to actually write the stories. :c
One, the inspiration for came out of nowhere. It involves angels and stuff, so I dunno if I should explain it here.

The other is inspired by Monty Oum. It's about a teenager who dreams of being an animator. One night, he gets sucked into his computer and ends up in the world he has been creating for his newest project. He decides to walk around because it's an awesome experience to wander a fictional world he created. But then, he discovers that the world's story is continuing without him animating it, and his presence has caused the story to change. He has no idea how to get back to the real world, so he decides to just participate in the story and help his protagonists.

I came up with my idea for that story while listening to music, so I decided that the stuff in that world will have a music theme. Like, when a monster is defeated, it drops a spherical crystal called a Note.
I've also decided that their culture focuses a lot on efficiency, given that Monty focused a lot on efficiency. So, for example, even though they don't really need Notes to fight monsters, they happily use them to their advantage to make monster slaying more efficient. If they're going to face a fire type monster, they'll equip ice Notes, for example. By doing this, they take it down more quickly and easily, thus saving time and energy.

What annoys me todayyy...
"Turkey's Family Ministry launches probe into Minecraft video game."Their information is all W-R-O-N-G wrong.
  1. There's really no "proceeding" in Minecraft. There are no "levels." It's just one world, and you try to survive as long as you can. The only thing that can be referred to as "levels" is your experience levels, which are used for enchanting things.
  2. Hardcore mode is the only mode in which dying is a problem. That world just becomes completely useless because you can't play in it anymore. You delete it and create a new one. In Survival mode, if you die, oh well, you respawn and should go find the items you dropped before they despawn. Everything you built still exists. Everything you put in chests is still there. You're not starting all over.
  3. "In the higher levels of the game the player may need to kill women, allies and even friends for survival reasons." Again, what levels?! There are no levels! There are no women! You are never required to kill allies or friends! In fact, in multiplayer, people tend to work together to survive, rather than killing each other. People find it more efficient to work together, thus promoting teamwork.
Minecraft is not that "violent," especially in comparison to other video games. The animation for attacking any enemy, even when using a sword, is more equivalent to hitting them with a stick until they fall over and disappear.

I guess it sucks to live in Turkey then. It's kinda amazing how insane some people can be and how lack of knowledge really shows in people who don't even bother to examine things fully. Quite a few countries have strict video game limitations though compared to the US, UK, and Japan if I'm correct.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Feb 06, 15:12:54
I guess it sucks to live in Turkey then. It's kinda amazing how insane some people can be and how lack of knowledge really shows in people who don't even bother to examine things fully. Quite a few countries have strict video game limitations though compared to the US, UK, and Japan if I'm correct.

I'm not sure if things have changed now, but 5 or so years ago the highest rating for video games in Australia was 14. Anything deemed inappropriate for a 14 year old was outright banned. It seemed Australia's government was stuck on the notion that video games are for kids, so if a game wasn't appropriate for kids it had no reason to exist.

I want to say the rating system got changed following the Left 4 Dead 2 controversy. There was a big to-do about that game being banned in Australia.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 06, 15:50:50
I'm not sure if things have changed now, but 5 or so years ago the highest rating for video games in Australia was 14. Anything deemed inappropriate for a 14 year old was outright banned. It seemed Australia's government was stuck on the notion that video games are for kids, so if a game wasn't appropriate for kids it had no reason to exist.

I saw once there was a game banned in Austrailia for "crimes against virtual street walls."
...What?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Go Up