Character Creator Now Available!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Aug 03, 07:35:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dark_Twilight

Looks like the scrollbar for horn/wing size does not work for the "wings". For horn it seems to work.

FanofRainbowDash

YAY!!!! Will the saved characters be saved for the release but they start as fillies or colts, or do we have to make more characters in the game release

Tekner

2013 Aug 15, 12:45:07 #82 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 15, 12:49:06 by Tekner
Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Aug 15, 10:29:06
YAY!!!! Will the saved characters be saved for the release but they start as fillies or colts, or do we have to make more characters in the game release
The character creator and the game are completely separate. Characters you make on there are saved on your computer, not our servers. I'll probably end up adding an import PonyCode button in the game, so you can copy a character over, though.

phirenor

Wow, randomization button appeared! And the pony can be finally saved!
Now there is only a content problem. There is only a couple of manes/tails/eyes yet available.
Still, great job everypony! Thank you for such a wonderful app!

Alassë

Question: Right now, tall ponies (and especially unicorns) do not fit in the preview window. ono Will this be fixed at some point? Also, will some kind of reference point be implemented so we can better see exactly how tall our ponies will be compared to the game environment? :D

Tekner

Quote from: ssumppg on 2013 Aug 15, 19:24:36
Question: Right now, tall ponies (and especially unicorns) do not fit in the preview window. ono Will this be fixed at some point? Also, will some kind of reference point be implemented so we can better see exactly how tall our ponies will be compared to the game environment? :D
I am working on a feature that will hide the editing interface, zoom in on your pony, and show some "preview" options such as changing the backdrop and possibly a screenshot button.

Teal Turken

I was just wondering, will any of the mane and tail styles from GeneralZoi's pony creator be added into LoE's pony creator? o.O

~Herostar

The servers were never fully open during the cons, and I didn't get a chance :/
-sigh- It might be a long while... Sorry I don't post often, I've got a busy life. I'm getting into programming, hell, maybe I'll take a job here if I ever have the time. but, I just don't have time :c It's amazing here, and I wish I could stay, but...
I've got a skype! (Herostar898)
I've got a steam! (Herostar898)
I've got a cookie! *shares cookies*
^-^

Tiger

The one thing that annoys me is choosing the cutie mark. There's just so many you have to scroll through before finding the one you like. Maybe it could be a whole (dropdown) list showing the images of the cutie marks, and we can choose the one we like from there? Would make it so much easier.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

FanofRainbowDash

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Aug 15, 12:45:07
Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Aug 15, 10:29:06
The character creator and the game are completely separate. Characters you make on there are saved on your computer, not our servers. I'll probably end up adding an import PonyCode button in the game, so you can copy a character over, though.
I saved the ponies as fillies so you wouldn't need to change them to fillies, because if you pasted the pony code in the release, the pony would need to be pasted as a filly/colt. BTW, when I reopen my browser I need to start over. Is this because of google's incognito windows?

Night Pony

I doubt they will keep the code and saved ponies until completion.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Dark_Twilight

Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Aug 16, 09:56:44
BTW, when I reopen my browser I need to start over. Is this because of google's incognito windows?

It does not save on servers. You need to "Export" and save the code on your end. Then when you come back later you "Import" and paste the code you saved.

Tekner

2013 Aug 16, 17:23:59 #93 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 16, 17:27:02 by Tekner
Quote from: Dark_Twilight on 2013 Aug 16, 11:07:19
Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Aug 16, 09:56:44
BTW, when I reopen my browser I need to start over. Is this because of google's incognito windows?

It does not save on servers. You need to "Export" and save the code on your end. Then when you come back later you "Import" and paste the code you saved.
No, but it does save to your computer. You have to actually hit the "save" button, however... I have the Back button let you know when you haven't saved any changes, but restarting your browser or refreshing the page won't let you know. Google Chrome's Incognito Mode still loads and saves data the same way.

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Aug 16, 05:21:41
The one thing that annoys me is choosing the cutie mark. There's just so many you have to scroll through before finding the one you like. Maybe it could be a whole (dropdown) list showing the images of the cutie marks, and we can choose the one we like from there? Would make it so much easier.
That's a very low priority change. Remember that Cutie Marks won't be selectable like that once that system is completed. It probably won't even be a dropdown after you do your quests and choose your cutie mark category. Thus, that change would solely be for the web character creator. Every other update is added to both the web-build and the game itself. Sorry. I know it's annoying.

GoldenTerrabyte

Also, I have a sort of off topic question. Will there be a way to get a weather themed cutie mark? To make a proper Rainstorm I'd need a rain drop cutie mark. What sort of thing would make that a choice?
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Aug 16, 17:36:11
Also, I have a sort of off topic question. Will there be a way to get a weather themed cutie mark? To make a proper Rainstorm I'd need a rain drop cutie mark. What sort of thing would make that a choice?

You can use the cutie mark named Waterdrop 1, or even the one named Waterdrop 2.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Aug 16, 17:43:33

You can use the cutie mark named Waterdrop 1, or even the one named Waterdrop 2.
Rephrase, in the game. Because they said there'd be a small selection depending on how and when you got it.
I'm back

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Aug 16, 18:27:19
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Aug 16, 17:43:33

Rephrase, in the game. Because they said there'd be a small selection depending on how and when you got it.

cutie marks will be given to you if you perform certain quest / questlines I think
but to answer your question - "yes"
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Tommy73103

isn't workinf for me, i see the samecartcher creator as before, i can't see any import/export buttons or anything like that :c

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tommy73103 on 2013 Aug 18, 11:07:16
isn't workinf for me, i see the samecartcher creator as before, i can't see any import/export buttons or anything like that :c

You will need to refresh the page.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up