Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jun 27, 01:57:11
well i never looked forward to any of those things since i mostly can tell what i can & can't do from the start but its none the less annoying to be around so many talented people and be the only one who seems to be doing noting but trying to have a good attitude
(i also can't draw or sing or play music)
(but i don't let the fact my voice is horrible stop me from enjoying my songs XD)

It's not about being good at the start. It's about enjoying doing it. More so when there are people near your level but better than you, then you can ask them for advices.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Breeze

My diet is so bad I need to start taking multivitamins before I get scurvy.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Jun 27, 03:38:52
It's not about being good at the start. It's about enjoying doing it. More so when there are people near your level but better than you, then you can ask them for advices.
I'm not saying its about being good from the start since even though i basically know i'm not good at it from the start i don't look forward to it but i do give it my all and keep trying

I have asked for advice many times but they just keep saying i'm my worst enemy or i'm putting myself down even though i proved to them that is simply not true 
(and since i'm only getting two pieces of advice everytime it has not been much help lol)

Night Pony

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jun 27, 11:39:50
I'm not saying its about being good from the start since even though i basically know i'm not good at it from the start i don't look forward to it but i do give it my all and keep trying

I have asked for advice many times but they just keep saying i'm my worst enemy or i'm putting myself down even though i proved to them that is simply not true 
(and since i'm only getting two pieces of advice everytime it has not been much help lol)

Part of improving is not bein satisfied with your current ability.
I don't mean like one time advice but more like constant feedback about your current works so you can fix them before finishing rather than applying the changes to the next drawing.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Jun 27, 12:26:44
I don't mean like one time advice but more like constant feedback about your current works so you can fix them before finishing rather than applying the changes to the next drawing.

Sadly it's not the ONLY part of improvement...otherwise I'd be in a much better place right now.

Those moments when you're trying to figure out someone's thought process, but feel like it's only grasping at straws of logic... :s

Night Pony

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 27, 13:14:06
Sadly it's not the ONLY part of improvement...otherwise I'd be in a much better place right now.

Well I said part not that it's the only thing.
Other things include active feedback and constant practice.

Chishio Kunrin

This morning, it stormed really hard, and our goofy cats instinctively sought high ground and thus played "The Floor is Lava" because they thought the floor was wet.

I wouldn't mind that, if it weren't for the fact that the routes they took were annoying, they kept hovering around me, and one of them tried to get on my laptop's keyboard. Last time she got on my keyboard, she muted the volume, opened 3 Google Chrome windows, and turned on airplane mode. I'm not even kidding.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Jun 27, 12:26:44
I'm never "satisfied" with my abilities but what can i do? (and no practice does not make perfect since i still am no where near being any good at anything XD)
and it was not 1 time advice that same advice is all i get ALL the time

Midnight Breeze

It comletely baffles me how older generations can somehow blame millennials for the state of the economy.

Yep, we screwed up the economy in grade school.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jun 27, 19:32:17
It comletely baffles me how older generations can somehow blame millennials for the state of the economy.

Yep, we screwed up the economy in grade school.

"Because it's clearly not MY fault.  It's never MY fault.  They're not MY consequences."  :s

I'm grateful my grandfather actually cares that his generation left the world in a bad state, but that's hardly any help trying to find ways to repair it.

Pipkin

Art sites that allows people to dislike, or downvote art.  Same with youtube.
There's a reason deviantart doesn't do it.  If you don't like something, don't watch it.  Simple as that or...OR!  Comment constructively to help that person improve on what they are trying to accomplish.  Clicking a button that tells other people "i don't like this" doesn't help anyone  :l

Chromastone64

I want to make a private RP, but I have no idea what about...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

People who haven't got the slightest clue how progressive tax brackets work. I've even heard people say they hope they don't get a raise because it would push them into a higher tax bracket and "after doing the math" they would end up making less money. Wow, do you REALLY believe that's how it works? Your "math" seems fundamentally flawed.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Jun 28, 07:37:47
Art sites that allows people to dislike, or downvote art.  Same with youtube.
There's a reason deviantart doesn't do it.  If you don't like something, don't watch it.  Simple as that or...OR!  Comment constructively to help that person improve on what they are trying to accomplish.  Clicking a button that tells other people "i don't like this" doesn't help anyone  :l
"If you can't say anything nice click on the like button don't say it at all! downvote at all!"

Lync Volan

I have a laptop in my living room connected to a big screen T.v so i can watch streamed (i think its called "Streamed") videos (mostly episodes of cartoons/anime) but the laptop is so far from where i'm sitting to watch T.v that after each episode i have to walk across the room just to click the next episode, it's truly annoying especially since my legs don't want to listen to my brain ono

Randam Saiko

When i'm giving someone a free service and they have the audacity to complain.

"I should've gotten someone else..." Then why don't you get someone else?!
"You're too slow" You want to do it? I'd love to see you fail miserably.
"I can do this better!" Then do it yourself, your majesty.
"Are you sure you know how to do this?" I don't know? Do I?  Did you really ask someone for something they don't know how to do?
"I'm not paying you to..." You aren't paying me at all.
"You're doing it completely wrong!" Here, you do it then! Show me oh wise master!

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

So, I'm playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, currently playing the Ventus story.
I got to Disney Town, and there's this stupid ice cream minigame that I'm terrible at, but apparently it's required if I wanna continue the game's story. UGH. If I have to try and fail that stupid minigame a dozen more times, I'm gonna scream.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 29, 05:00:33
So, I'm playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, currently playing the Ventus story.
I got to Disney Town, and there's this stupid ice cream minigame that I'm terrible at, but apparently it's required if I wanna continue the game's story. UGH. If I have to try and fail that stupid minigame a dozen more times, I'm gonna scream.
I scream, You scream! We all scream for Ice cream!

What annoys me is lack of privacy...
I want to do a cover on a song but nuuuuh.

Elphyda

Grizzly

The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Go Up