Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Greyscaleisme

Since I'm in an online school, it is important for me to be able to get online. Well, guess what happened in the middle of my Algebra class? The frigging power went out!! Oh, it did turn back on, but not before the rest of my class had finished, and my Ancient History class too!  >:( :x
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 04, 16:41:31
When people insist that Texas is the biggest state. Anyone who's ever even been in the same room as a world map knows Alaska is the biggest. It's like half the size of the continental US.

That annoys me. IS MY HOMELAND NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU?!
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Randam Saiko

"It's fun to get Saiko mad!"
I love that game too! Especially since I was born without the ability to feel guilt.

Really though, if someone pokes a bear and not expect claws and jaws, then they're an idiot.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

ComputerDeathglare

I have to return my cargo pants because we're not gonna have a lot of money.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

When it's extremely clear and obvious that a really cute character is bad, evil, and/or insane, but fans act like they're brainwashed by her cuteness and start making excuses, refusing to believe that said character really is evil and/or insane.

Judging by the absolutely enormous grin on her face when she was about to inflict harm on an unconscious person, I'd say that she was incredibly happy to hurt that person. She's working with the villains and was delighted to try to hurt someone who couldn't fight back, so yes, she is evil and possibly insane.
Stop making excuses and pretending she isn't!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

The pejorative political term 'flip-flopper'. Why is it taboo for a politician to change his mind after realizing his policies aren't going to work? I have more respect for politicians who are willing to admit they were wrong than those who keep trying to push their failed policies in the face of all contradicting evidence. Yes, I'm looking at you, Bobby Jindal.

Chishio Kunrin

I just had to force my laptop to shut down because the System was using 100% of Disk and lagging everything horribly.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.
The System was using one hundred percent of Disk. Why? Why?!

Ryo_D_Disk

For some time now I have been filled with a certain type of rage. Now I know I've addressed this issue in shorter posts but why not give the full detailing right

I despise the internet, the concept of travel and the distances they create. Now the internet is a wonderful platform that has brought a lot of us together, its helped me make some of the greatest friends I've ever had. It introduced me to the community that holds strong through the hardest of times.

But alas that comes with a curse for the dumb thing that annoys me as well as the cause of my rage is the matter of not being able to do anything for my friends, having to sit back on the other end of this string of text or over a microphone that barely picks up my voice. When I know my friends are hurting their lives are tough and they would love the comfort of someone to go there and talk to them in person, heck break my golden rule and even give them a hug, but I can't and that solitary fact angers me so much because everything goes wrong in the hours that I am asleep or at work. Only being able to hear the aftermath of the events and give basic comfort.

I don't like not being able to help anyone, all I can ever do is just be that voice who gives the end support than be the one who can be there during their times of need.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 05, 02:37:56
I just had to force my laptop to shut down because the System was using 100% of Disk and lagging everything horribly.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

This is probably why. I think Windows 7/8 automatically defrags the HDD on Wednesday nights at 1AM. That would use a large amount of your disk.
Even more so on slower HDD"s. You can change the schedule, but by default it's Wednesday if I'm not mistaken. If it's interrupted it'll probably try again at a later hour. So if it does it again just leave your laptop on until it's done and it should be fine.

Midnight Breeze

I feel like a caveman for still having a hard-disk drive.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2014 Nov 06, 18:10:38
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 05, 02:37:56
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

Spoiler: show

This is probably why. I think Windows 7/8 automatically defrags the HDD on Wednesday nights at 1AM. That would use a large amount of your disk.
Even more so on slower HDD"s. You can change the schedule, but by default it's Wednesday if I'm not mistaken. If it's interrupted it'll probably try again at a later hour. So if it does it again just leave your laptop on until it's done and it should be fine.

I'm less frightened now. Thank you. X3 I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with my laptop.

Ramisha

I was learning something about printers in informatics and I decided to buy a laser printer since our current printer has been broken for 3 years. So I tell my mum and she doesn't want to buy one. She won't let me buy something we need with my own hard* earned money! Everyone else is for it, she's the only one being dumb again.
*maybe not so hard earned, but I still earned it on my own.
Oh oh and guess what dumb idea is my mum having again? She is on a soup and water diet. She is just eating soup and drinking water and barely anything else. Sometimes her dumb craziness amazes me.

Chrisgotjar

I'm just sitting here as you do, doing some lineart for a picture I'm working on. It's going great, about half of it is done and I start linearting a foreleg. Huzzah! I've managed to fiddle with it's shape a bit and got it looking good.

Then I look a little to my right and I notice something. I've been doing the lineart in the same layer as the sketch and have to draw the lines all over again :I
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Midnight Breeze

Trying to explain to my silly nephew that there is no country called 'Netherland'. And no, it's not in southeast Asia, it's in northwest Europe.

Rissian

My stomach's ability to hit me with a stomach ache randomly sometimes no matter what I eat...   :l

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 Nov 06, 10:07:27
For some time now I have been filled with a certain type of rage. Now I know I've addressed this issue in shorter posts but why not give the full detailing right

I despise the internet, the concept of travel and the distances they create. Now the internet is a wonderful platform that has brought a lot of us together, its helped me make some of the greatest friends I've ever had. It introduced me to the community that holds strong through the hardest of times.

But alas that comes with a curse for the dumb thing that annoys me as well as the cause of my rage is the matter of not being able to do anything for my friends, having to sit back on the other end of this string of text or over a microphone that barely picks up my voice. When I know my friends are hurting their lives are tough and they would love the comfort of someone to go there and talk to them in person, heck break my golden rule and even give them a hug, but I can't and that solitary fact angers me so much because everything goes wrong in the hours that I am asleep or at work. Only being able to hear the aftermath of the events and give basic comfort.

I don't like not being able to help anyone, all I can ever do is just be that voice who gives the end support than be the one who can be there during their times of need.

This. I feel like I'll go insane every time my special somepony says he's having a tough time with some aspect of his life, and I can't be there to give him a hug or do anything to help.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Midnight Breeze

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I was just a few days past the deadline in submitting my application to the Shreveport civil service department. Now I'll have to wait until March before I can even potentially enroll in police academy. If I had put in my app just a few days sooner I might have been able to go at the end of November. FML.

Chromastone64

GLOB DANG IT! Ok, so I have Final Fantasy XIV on PS3. Only problem is that every time my internet disconnects, it locks my game, saying there was a change of internet settings, so I have to change my password ALL THE TIME.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Randam Saiko

"Life is not a contest."

Spoiler: Right.... • show

Scholarships
College Applications
Capitalism
Jobs

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Peace Keeper

I hear the saying "life isn't fair"

As of now, this quote bugs me. After giving some thought from the many people I had conversations with, my idea of this quote has changed.
I think to myself of the things life offers and gave us. Then I think to myself the things we as human beings offer and gave us. I realized there are things that life offered me more than what humans have offered me, aside from my family and friends. It's hard for me to say the things humans may have stripped from me or suppress me... well, more than just me.

Of course there is that "survival of the fittest" term, and I feel that is very accurate. However, I feel this only applies in life. In human life, there can be cheap cuts and rule-breaks that being the fittest will not guarantee success or longevity in life. In nature, the fastest human will catch the prey. That fit person will of course win the food. In human life, the person with the best knowledge and experience should get the job. In some cases, they are sometimes called "overqualified" and is denied the job, or the recruiter will just drop them for not liking them, or saving a position for a special person, even if that person has less experience.

So from there, I believe that life IS fair, is that some of us humans make it harder for others that make it unfair.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Go Up