Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Feb 26, 17:00:20
America is weird.....this is my grading system
A+    90.00 - 100.00    A+    
A    80.00 - 89.99    A    
B    70.00 - 79.99    B    
C    60.00 - 69.99    C    
D    50.00 - 60.99    D    
F    0.00 - 49.99    F

Oh, on a side note, I also found a GPA calculator on the same site I found this stuff on.....I was always curious what my gpa would be if we used that system
2.97 doesnt sound to bad

The grading system here in England is broken beyond repair

The grades for each subject are different, I don't know why, for example
A-levels (Advanced levels)
Physics requires 85% for an A
Geography requires just 58% for an A

I think you only need 35% to pass Geography...
br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Lync Volan

Oh, on a side note, I also found a GPA calculator on the same site I found this stuff on.....I was always curious what my gpa would be if we used that system
2.97 doesnt sound to bad
can you link it to me X3?

Midnight Breeze

Wow, my grading scale was much much less forgiving in Louisiana during the 2000s.

95-100 A
85-94 B
78-84 C
70-77 D
0-69 F

If I had gone under any of y'alls grading scales my GPA would be higher. This is some BS!!!

Ramisha

2015 Feb 27, 02:07:18 #15583 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 27, 02:11:31 by Ramisha
Here it is
91% - 5
ummm about 80% - 4
65% - 3
51% - 2
less than 50% - 1
I'm not sure about 4 and 3 but it's close enough. Why do your scales have a passing grade at 60 -70%?That's crazy.

I have a competition in 2 hours and my throat hurts and I know less than Jon Snow!! D:
I don't want to have 0 points...

Night Pony

My grades are from 2 to 6. Their ranges mostly depends on the teacher.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Breeze

I've run out of food because I haven't wanted to make groceries in this cold wet weather we've been having. I'm gonna have to do it tomorrow if I want to eat. Not looking forward to it. I don't think I've ever felt weather this cold before. For once I'm glad I live on the third floor. It's substantially warmer inside than outside, even without heating.

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: show
America is weird.....this is my grading system
A+    90.00 - 100.00    A+    
A    80.00 - 89.99    A    
B    70.00 - 79.99    B    
C    60.00 - 69.99    C    
D    50.00 - 60.99    D    
F    0.00 - 49.99    F

2.97 doesnt sound to bad

So I guess our grading is less forgiving than Canada's. o.O
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 27, 01:34:00
Wow, my grading scale was much much less forgiving in Louisiana during the 2000s.

95-100 A
85-94 B
78-84 C
70-77 D
0-69 F

If I had gone under any of y'alls grading scales my GPA would be higher. This is some BS!!!

If we'd gone by your grading, it would've been so hard to get perks in middle and high school. :I

When I was in middle school, we had parties when we got our report cards, but only for students who got all A's and B's for their class grades. You could go to a dance party where you get a candy bar and a can of soda and get to hang out and dance to music, or you could go to one of the gyms and watch a movie projected on the wall.

In high school, if you got all A's and B's for your class grades, during lunch you could take your report card to a table where teachers had coolers full of small Blizzards (since Dairy Queen was right across the street and the school had a deal with Dairy Queen), and one of the teachers would give you a free Blizzard and sign their initials on your report card to show that you already got it. Though, when Dairy Queen came out with their mini size (even smaller than small), my cheap school decided to start giving us mini size Blizzards instead of small size. Ugh.
Spoiler: Image of the mini size Blizzard • show

Yay... >:/
Anyway, students age 16 and up who got all A's for their class grades could get a pass to leave campus for the entirety of third period (meaning, for all three lunches) to go eat somewhere else or get food from somewhere else. An hour and a half lunch. They only trusted students who made all A's to do that.

And just to be clear, I mean overall grades, not the grades of the assignments.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

I don't understand how anyone could legitimately use this diabolic monstrosity.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 27, 06:00:20

Is that meant to be a keyboard?!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Yes. It's designed to be used with one hand. My best assumption is that it's designed for a science lab setting, where top scientists who handle extremely dangerous chemicals and pathogens are taught to use it because it's imperative that they keep their other hand on their work at all times. That's the only excuse I can think of to justify the existence of such a sinister device.

Even in that case though, I think a transcriptionist would be a better investment.

Sunshine Smash

I'm absolutely speechless from this. I can't think of anything to say!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Lync Volan

i think my knee could fit in that Crator at the right...

Julius

That keyboard makes me want to cry with anger and desperation... :I
Purr~

Ramisha

That dumb dress everyone is arguing about, NOBODY CARES what color it is

Randam Saiko

I make a joke about topic A. From that point on, everyone is confused on my actual stance on it  no matter what I say in the future.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Feb 27, 10:49:10
That keyboard makes me want to cry with anger and desperation... :I

I think you might need a college class to learn how to handle that thing.  I'm not even sure it has an I key, unless that one above the space key is it.  Is there some logic to how that keyboard is set out anyways?  I get a QWERTY setup is kinda weird, but at least that's a fairly common standard nowadays.  This...I don't even...  o.O

Lync Volan

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 27, 17:34:33
i just saw that yesterday but i been hearing about a dress even before that...i'm kinda glad i finally know what the heck everyone was talking about before lol

Rush of MLP

2015 Feb 28, 01:49:19 #15597 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 28, 01:54:20 by Rush of MLP
I agree with that keyboard's name, or company name, whichever it is, "Maltron".

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 27, 17:34:33

I found the Celestia/Luna and Pokemon version jokes that came out of it funny, after I learned what the heck was going on about it.  But seriously, people are going to disagree, just get over it internet!  Agh!

Quote from: Rush of MLP on 2015 Feb 28, 01:49:19
I agree with that keyboard's name, or company name, whichever it is, "Maltron".

Right next to a big, shiny red button...  ovO  Also, the random lights sprinkled about.  I get some of them are the lock indicators, but some of those other ones seem...weird.  Though it still hurts to look at and think "someone thought this would work".   :c

And finally: actors.  I love them to death, they're amazing people, but for the love of Luna SING OUT LOUISE!  >:O  You guys aren't miked and I'm piping in music to help the audience out.  I try to balance levels with their voices, but the director wants it loud...

Chishio Kunrin

Apparently, in England, Avatar: The Last Airbender is called Avatar: The Legend of Aang. o.O
Though, I can't say much since America changed Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Why exactly do our countries need to change the titles of things, though? We both speak English, albeit different dialects. :\

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up