How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

Searching through one of my favorite artist's (YoshiMan1118's) deviantART page.

Ponies started appearing. I actually thought it looked interesting. Later, I got curious and let myself watch the first FEW episodes. I ended up continuing, having found out Lauren Faust created the show. And the characters/animation/writing/music are all brilliant! :D

I didn't enjoy the songs fully until my 2nd re-watch of the full 1st Season. I was 'uncomfortable' at first listening to the MLP songs, but now they're so freakin' catchy and amazing! Music is awesome! :nod:

Julius

Quote from: Jenzy on 2012 Nov 27, 20:03:10
I didn't enjoy the songs fully until my 2nd re-watch of the full 1st Season. I was 'uncomfortable' at first listening to the MLP songs, but now they're so freakin' catchy and amazing! Music is awesome! :nod:

I think that's how it was for every new brony, myself included.

I now have all of the show's songs I like on my iPhone. (Including "Oink, Oink, Oink!" and the Theme Song). lol
Purr~

AAA13

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 27, 20:16:17
Quote from: Jenzy on 2012 Nov 27, 20:03:10

I think that's how it was for every new brony, myself included.
Since I started my brony life with Gen 1 MLP, that sentance does not affect me in any way as I was two years old and have loved it from the start.
Apart from Gen 3, I love anything pony! :D
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Rikaria

Can't believe I didn't notice this sooner x.x Anyway, so initially I saw MLP pics on an imageboard I frequent but didn't think about them too much. Probably like 1-3 months later I was watching a video on YouTube showcasing the Mine Little Pony mod. I got interested and tried it out. (Oh, and I've been a Minecraft player ever since Beta 1.6. Anyway,) I found the model change cute and liked some of the characters in the skin pack. I later looked up more info and saw... well... My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I started watching the show (in chronological order, like I do everything else). The rest was history :P

I've been a brony ever since December 2011 :)
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Floral Essence

One day around the beginning of this year, I was watching some Ed, Edd, n Eddy amv's by ScamMasterEddy2010 on YouTube. I commented on one of them and we had a pleasant discussion about the show. Then, I found out he was a brony, so out of curiosity, I watched the first two episodes. They were not as girly as I expected, so I decided to show my siblings. My brother became instantly hooked while I watched the show casually, however, I officially became a Pegasister after listening to the fandom's epic music and looking at the art...

You know, Bronies are unique. They can create so much from so little, and I definitely support the "love and tolerance" them.  ^-^

Doctor Light

I was on Memecenter, derpin' looking at hate at bronies and the war.. Then I was like "Might as well see it." And here I am
Hey, I like Doctor Who, writing, playing and singing music, badminton, and MLP.

kenan89

well....
i watched A FEW clips and stuff... then the season 1 episode 1 video started following me since 2011 dec 28 then on january 2012 i clicked it, i was amazed and couldt resist watching the other ep and thats how i became a brony :D now i am watching every live stream i can

Cobalt ZERO

i used to be a hater actually..wondering WHAT THE HELL GIRL SHOW kinda stuff.. got stuck googling random stuff one day..came acrosss the cupcakes creepypasta fanfic..or whatever its called. next few days i was like. im gonna see what this pony stuff is about...watched first episode almost stopped there.cause alot of the ponies seemed childish and annoying..but continued on anyways..kept watching episodes and i was thinking..wow...MUST SEE MOAR PONIES!! and here i am.. i also converted my brother and now he cant get enough of dashie  :3 ..the place i used to work..saw this one guy with a fluttershy t-shirt and talked to him quietly about it and we had a good time..theres bronies in my area although not many unless theyre hiding it.  :]
SPEAKETH WITH THE ROYAL CAPSLOCK!

Stardust Dragon

I remember when I was a lot younger, my sister would watch one of the G1 pony movies quite frequently, the one with the Flutter ponies vs the Smooze.  I was hesitant to say I liked it, but I frequently watched it with her, and played the G2 game "Friendship Gardens".  I personally remember neither me or my sister could get our ponies across the bridge  X3

After that I sort of just lived my life as normal, never really giving a passing thought to My Little Pony.  I wasn't for or against it for a long while, until I started to hear about Friendship is Magic and the boatloads of Bronies that followed.  I thought it was weird for a while, but one day, and no I can't remember the exact date, I decided to at least try it, see what the fuss was about. 
By the time Twilight activated the Elements, and even with me calling exactly what she'd done and how, I was too entangled in the characters and story there was no hope of me not watching the entire first season.  It took a while to warm up to the intro, and for about a month it was the only thing I could skip through.  :P

cloud flicker

Long story short I watched SHED.MOV and I thought it was pretty funny lol

alexandas

my friend introduced me to bronyness, my first episode that i ever saw a second of ((only saw for like 4 minutes)) was over a barel, the first i completely watched was bridle gossip
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

hedjeroo

A friend of mine at university was really getting into ponies, and I had to check out the new series because I was really curious about Rainbow Dash - who I didn't actually know the name of, but all I knew was she, for some reason, looked a lot like said friend.

I had MLP toys as a little girl, too, so I've always had some pony enthusiasm. I used to be like an older sister to one of the kids on the street when I was younger as well, and we would play a MLP game on the computer that I barely remember.

I really like pretty cute things so it was sort of inevitable that I would come back to MLP at several points through my life. xD

RainCloud

I was watching a vid on Youtube, and it had a brony song on the background. And i was like: 'hm, catchy, where is it from?' So after watching a lot of brony stuff, i decided to watch the show as well  ^-^

Enstramentall

I was a fan of MLP when I was a little girl, I had coloring books, figures, an ornament for christmas. Okay, I still have them. ^-^  X3. It happens that when the new show came out, I'd only heard a little about it. BUT THEN my friend showed me Epic Pie time, and I thought it was funny, so we watched Epic Cupcake Time... :P It all took off from there, and a whole lotta Netflix and Youtube browsing.  It's now part of my life regularly.  I got my brothers into it, too, because they saw it and thought it was funny. *shrug* MLP: FIM is boss. Just flat boss. 8) :nod:
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

acidic1101

I used to be a hater because I despised the idea of liking something "girly" because I hate the way people link "girly" stuff with being a clueless makeup hoarder who loves Twilight, One Direction, and Justin Bieber. Somehow someone convinced me not to judge something without giving it a chance, so I looked it up on Youtube. For the first 5 minutes I was making myself hate the show, but I eventually caved, I loved the show... and Derpy x3
DFTBA my friends.

lupe

i went on youtube and found double rainbow syndrome :p

TL_Yarr

My best friend told me about the show, at first I was like skeptical that it would be good, (I was remembering what little I saw of the previous cartoons and adverts) and after MUCH nagging from her I finally youtube'd the first episode and, well here I am a year or two later.  ^-^
This is my Oc, Rhythm Shuffle. His Cutie mark are Spats! (They are dance shoes.)
http://tailsfan1.deviantart.com/art/My-OC-Rhythm-Shuffle-349375293

Aria BIaze

Well i was just bored looking for some cartoons to watch and i was browsing on kids on demand and saw My little pony. I was thinking the G3 version or something because i never saw G4. So i was thinking "I'm going to check this out..." And so i watched an episode and it was good!  :)

Legion495

2013 Jan 09, 15:05:47 #158 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 09, 15:16:54 by Legion495
I see it on Nick(german version) than I beginning watching online ^-^. After that I beginning to search games and found "Equestria Online" played 3 day's these game(pre-alpha). It was EPIC! Game was broken...WHY??? :I (that http://www.equestriaonline.com/)
One month later I found out that a friend of me like it too than I beginning again to search a game and found out that a Equestria Online switched to LoE but the pre-alpha was over. Now I wait for Alpha and looking every new part of MLP(now the american one because nick starts now with season2...). ^-^
I hope derpy get uncut again!(iTunes cuted derpy you should know!)

sry for gramma mistakes if there are one X3

ArtVeigar

Musics. I became addicted to brony musics, starting with The Living Tombstone, and started thinking: "Just how people who like a kid's show can do music this awesome?"
After a little research on the matter I discovered it had a huge fandon, with lots of awesome artists from all fields of art, and decided to give it a try and see if the show was as good as they said. It was better.

Go Up