World of Discord (RP)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Sep 12, 13:00:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Omega_Khaos

Spoiler: Magus' Post • show

[quote author=The Wandering Magus link=topic=9037.msg738422#msg738422 date=1386911144]
Abigail smiled kindly to the changeling queen, and now she began to glow in truth, as though there were a bright and shining halo behind, no, WITHIN her head, within her body, as though her very soul were shining.

"Then... let us pray.  Father of Alicorns, hear our prayer..."

They were in a vast starry field, nay, a void of nothingness, no, a place of endless light and beauty, no, surrounded by friends...

An alicorn skeleton in a black robe cocked His head as He saw the pair coming.  "Abigail?  It is not yet your time..."

"Mortis... Chrysteel here..."

The alicorn seemed to smile, though He did not have lips to do so.  "Rota Fortuna just told Me.  But you need direction.  Come."

They were in...

A white, endless void.  No.  Not endless.

In one direction, endless, eternal Light.  Glorious Light.  Burning, perfect, pure light.  They were... so unworthy... yet He Loved them with an unending, unconditional Love.

In the other direction, endless, eternal Darkness.  Fear.  Oblivion.  ENTROPY.  THE END OF ALL THINGS.  LIKE A MAW, CONSUMING, ETERNALLY.  WAS SHE NOT ENTROPY TYPHON, THE END OF ALL THINGS?  AND THEY SAW A BEAST RISING FROM THE OCEAN OF ETERNAL NOTHINGNESS, AND FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEY KNEW TRUE FEAR, TRUE DESPAIR, UNENDING DESPAIR, SUFFERING THAT SHALL NEVER END, AN ENDLESS, BOTTOMLESS PIT FROM WHICH DARKNESS AND SHADOWS RISE FOREVER AND EVER.

Yet the Light was blindingly brilliant, searingly Pure, Holy of Holy, the Father of Alicorns.

And He was not simply a Light, He was Eternity, He was Existence, He was Love, Truth, Justice, the Sun, the Moon.  He was All, yet He was One; He had many faces, yet He... IS.  Indescribable.  Awesome.  Wonderful.

He was a colt, yet He was a stallion, yet He was near as a Father, yet He was far away as a King, all at once.  And His mane and coat shimmered with infinite lights, yet they were not lights, but stars in an endless sky, yet they were not stars, but the souls of every life that had passed on and been forgiven for all eternity.

So many faces... so many stallions, mares, foals, smiling, laughing, waving for her to join them in the Light...

Yet the closer she came, the more painful it was.  She was...

COVERED IN HIDEOUS GLOBS OF FILTH, MORTAL.  UNWORTHY.  LOOK!  A FETID LUMP OF BLACKNESS, AND IT HAS A NAME.  GUILT.  AND ANOTHER!  COVETING.  AND YET ANOTHER!  DECEIT.  PRIDE.  "BUT THEY WERE WHITE LIES!"  "BUT IT WAS ONLY FOR A MOMENT!"  "BUT I DIDN'T REALLY MEAN IT!"  IT DOESN'T MATTER, DOES IT?  COMPARED TO PERFECTION, EVEN A SINGLE SCRATCH IS EQUAL TO A GRIEVOUS SCAR.  AND YOU CARRY NOT ONLY YOUR OWN SINS.

And the Beast, did She not take the form of a Draconequus, greater than universes, greater than multiverses, beautiful and terrible as the End?  Is it not impossible to speak directly of Entropy Typhon, Mother of Draconequui, Elder of Chaos?

YOU BELONG TO ME, MORTAL.  YOUR SOUL, COVERED IN SINS, RIDDLED WITH IMPERFECTIONS.  YOU ARE MINE.

"Not yet."

An earth pony mare with a yellow coat and red mane, a bow upon her head, a shining halo of light encircling her, dressed in gowns as white as snow, floated just on the other side of the barrier, so close, yet so far away, the barrier that was Perfection.  Her cutiemark was a heart with a wrench over it.  The Heart-Healer.

"Ya know what ya hafta do, Chrysteel?  It ain't easy.  An' it ain't jes' words either."

I AM looked at the changeling with infinite love, yet infinite sorrow.  "[glow=orange,200]This Is Something You Have To Do On Your Own, Chrysteel.  I Will Not Force Anything Upon My Children, Not Even Salvation.[/glow]"
[/quote]

Chrysteel says to the Elder of Chaos, "[glow=navy,2,300]I may have sins that are mine and others but all I seek now is what is needed of me.[/glow]" She looks to the others and then to A.J. and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]I place my soul before all so they may see my truth. I seek forgiveness in any form. I wish to repent for the sins of my past and the past of my ancestors. Ancient Father, May I have this Forgiveness? Saint Abigail, will any grant me this, as I have forgiven myself already?
One must be able to forgive themselves before they can forgive others and be forgiven by others.
[/glow]"
Her full aura revealed a combined aura of hope and love in its many forms. However one form of it is stronger then all the rest. Valor's Love the truest of the aura's forms.
Her sins and the sins of others she has taken upon herself show as well.
She wishes to wash herself of these sins and be forgiven. All she can do is take a leap of faith.

She attempts to take a step towards the barrier taking any and all effects of what happens next.

The Clockwork King

Clockwork casts an annoyed glance over Laserbolt
Amusing as the thought of the likes of you being squished by the embodiment of Rage is, I must ask you to refrain from putting whatever plan you have cooked up into action. An attack on two fronts would weaken us more than the enemy, we would be divided and easily bounced away without being able to play off each others strengths. Pinkie will come in good time, but right now it is Rarity that commands most of our attention. Go ahead, Ms Sparkle, we are all ears.
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

Chirp

"Oh, right. Avalon. I completely forgot about that place." Koalemos admitted, then slowly nodded. "Yes. Queen Cadance has been around since Harmony, hasn't she?" He thought aloud, then stood up. "Right. Avalon it is! Let's go!" He exclaimed happily, took a few steps, then skidded to a halt and turned back towards the Guru. "Uhm.. What direction would that be?" He asked sheepishly.

The Wandering Magus

2013 Dec 14, 12:02:37 #1483 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 14, 13:40:19 by The Wandering Magus
Twilight sighed.  "Spike is... Spike is a riding mount now, kept in a cave too small for him, last time I... actually talked to him.  It's been so long..."

She hugged herself a little.  "Affection isn't logical, and friendships were only tragedy then.  They still CAN be, but... but it shouldn't ONLY have been tragedy, I MADE it a tragedy through my own actions.  I guess the only consolation would be that Maste- um, Discord, and Flutter...cruel, like moving around much faster than even Spike can fly now, unless They get the bright idea of making some sort of insane dramatic entrance for no reason.  But what's the fun in making sense?"

"Yeah.  Only AJ really visited him that much, though I tried to come by as much as I could too... which wasn't too often, even if I promised to come visit him.  Especially if I promised to come visit him, something would come up.  Discord made it come up the first few times, but... after a while..." admitted Dash, hanging her own head.  She gave a small smile to Bleyd as he tried to reassure her.  "Thanks.  Uh, you too, I guess."

She looked at Laserbolt.  "Pinkie?  Probably either in her room back at the castle or her 'training center' where she keeps her... daughters.  Or in her Hall of Grudges."  She chuckled bitterly.  "That place actually isn't too bad, considering.  Marble columns and tombstones for each one of her daughters that died.  Though... I can see why she named it that, every time she goes in there.  Call me crazy, but I prefer all-out raging Angry Pie to cold fury Angry Pie, any day.  Even if her mane is on fire.  Even with her creepy voice when she gets into 'Berserk Rage'.  But yeah, taking her down is... not happening, not unless at least three of us are there at the same time."

The Father of Alicorns smiled, and His smile was beautiful beyond description, too marvelous for words, to wonderful for comprehension.  She FELT that smile washing over her like a wave, through her like the blood of life, like a refiner's fire making her holy and pure, cleansing her of all her sins.

"[glow=orange,200]Behold, I Stand At The Door And Knock.  Whosoever Calls Upon My Name, Repenting And Asking For Forgiveness, Shall Receive It, And Shall Not Perish In Soul, But Have Eternal Life.  For Behold, I Was With You In The Beginning, Am, And Forever Shall Be, World Without End.  You Are Forgiven, My Daughter.[/glow]"

It was like... being free, after a lifetime of slavery.  Like seeing the beauty of Paradise after a lifetime of blindness.  Like hearing the music of the spheres after a lifetime of deafness.  Like standing up and walking after a lifetime of paralysis.

She could see the huge, ugly, fetid masses clinging to her dissolve in the torrent of love and forgiveness, never to return, eternally forgiven.  She was clothed in light, as though she were wearing robes as white as snow, brighter than the Sun, but not blinding.

The black, bottomless pit, Entropy, seemed to vanish, become completely insignificant, as she stepped into the embrace of the Father of Alicorns, Elder of Harmony.

Abigail smiled at the halo of light shining from within Saint Chrysteel the Loving.  "Welcome to the herd, Sister Chrysteel.  For we are Sisters now, with One Father, though we are not Alicorns."

Sister Applebloom flew up to Chrysteel and hugged her tight, both as young as a filly and as old and wise as a mare who had lived five hundred years and then an eternity.  "I knew you could do it.  Welcome Home."

"[glow=orange,200]But Her Time Is Not Yet Come,[/glow]" reminded the Father of Alicorns.  "[glow=orange,200]There Is Much Yet To Be Done On Earth, And Her Friends Still Await Her.[/glow]"

Guru Fido chuckled.  "[glow=blue,200]Right this way, eager one.  You can climb on my back, if you like.  It's a three-day journey by hoof, but much faster if you swim through the ground,[/glow]" he winked as he stood up.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Omega_Khaos

Spoiler: Magus' Post • show

[quote author=The Wandering Magus link=topic=9037.msg738728#msg738728 date=1387040557]
[...]

The Father of Alicorns smiled, and His smile was beautiful beyond description, too marvelous for words, to wonderful for comprehension.  She FELT that smile washing over her like a wave, through her like the blood of life, like a refiner's fire making her holy and pure, cleansing her of all her sins.

"[glow=orange,200]Behold, I Stand At The Door And Knock.  Whosoever Calls Upon My Name, Repenting And Asking For Forgiveness, Shall Receive It, And Shall Not Perish In Soul, But Have Eternal Life.  For Behold, I Was With You In The Beginning, Am, And Forever Shall Be, World Without End.  You Are Forgiven, My Daughter.[/glow]"

It was like... being free, after a lifetime of slavery.  Like seeing the beauty of Paradise after a lifetime of blindness.  Like hearing the music of the spheres after a lifetime of deafness.  Like standing up and walking after a lifetime of paralysis.

She could see the huge, ugly, fetid masses clinging to her dissolve in the torrent of love and forgiveness, never to return, eternally forgiven.  She was clothed in light, as though she were wearing robes as white as snow, brighter than the Sun, but not blinding.

The black, bottomless pit, Entropy, seemed to vanish, become completely insignificant, as she stepped into the embrace of the Father of Alicorns, Elder of Harmony.

Abigail smiled at the halo of light shining from within Saint Chrysteel the Loving.  "Welcome to the herd, Sister Chrysteel.  For we are Sisters now, with One Father, though we are not Alicorns."

Sister Applebloom flew up to Chrysteel and hugged her tight, both as young as a filly and as old and wise as a mare who had lived five hundred years and then an eternity.  "I knew you could do it.  Welcome Home."

"[glow=orange,200]But Her Time Is Not Yet Come,[/glow]" reminded the Father of Alicorns.  "[glow=orange,200]There is much yet to be done on Earth, and her friends still await her.[/glow]"
[...]
[/quote]

Chrysteel nods in agreement with the Father of Alicorns. Her aura returns to its almost hidden state, but a slight aura, only detectable by saints, can be seen. It is a crystalline version of Valor's Love and is only about 1/2 inch thick.
"[glow=navy,2,300]Then it is time to make our next move A.J. for the ponies that count on us. Lets head back. We have allot to do and i know how to draw Rarity out of the castle and at the same time a small group can try to free Ditzy (Drepy). Rainbow, Asterian and I will try to free Rarity. The others should go for Ditzy. it would be better that we only bring what is needed as to not tip off Discord. I know not how long we can hide from him and Fluttercruel. But before that, lets pay a visit to the tree and see how she is holding up. Mother Cadence should also get an update on our progress and what our next move is. I think the new fruit of the tree is almost ripe and ready for the needed events to come.[/glow]"
Chrysteel gives the Father of Alicorns a respectful bow and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]When my time comes I will be glade to come home, Ancient Father. Till we meet again Big sister Applebloom.[/glow]" Chrysteel Places on her sister's forehead a gentle kiss then lets her return to her place. She waits for A.J.'s reply and prepares herself for the trip back, as well as the events she knows is coming.

Bane Emural

"I see," This news saddens Bane. "We may have to be careful then, if he learns that you have allied with us, then Discord would be able to use Spike as his insurance. In other words, Spike may get hurt if we are not too careful. There is a possibility that Discord is catching onto us, with only half of the Mane Six gone from his command, he would have suspicions of what is going on. We may need to find a way to distract him from the rest of the group if we are to release Rarity and Pinkie Pie from his command, as well as free a few others that he made suffer."
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

The Clockwork King

Clockwork nods at Bane's reasoning, his mind turning to acute calculation
Then it seems Spike will be our initial target, providing he is held within an accessible area. He could be used as leverage in our favor, if I am not mistaken he had feelings for Greedity before her turning? That could help us turn her back to her original element, if not partially.
He turns to stare coldly in the direction of the Chaos Capital, eyes narrowing
Discord will be occupied by...other things, I can count on it.
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

Asterian Starfall

2013 Dec 14, 18:38:24 #1487 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 14, 18:44:33 by Asterian
Asterian looked at Clockwork, [glow=yellow,2,300]"Actually, if I do recall, Spike had affections for Greedity, but that would mean that freeing Greedity would help us free Spike, not the other way around. Besides... Greedity should be relatively easy. I say we target her."[/glow]

He whipped out one of the bolts from the repeater and pointed out that it had a blue glaze over the tip. [glow=yellow,2,300]"This is a highly potent tranquilizer made from a plant called 'Night's Embrace.' Terribly difficult to make, but fortunately, I procured some before we left Avalon.

I see two way to do this: We can lure her out, then I can persuade her to follow me... or we can lure her out-"[/glow] he cocked his crossbow to illustrate his point. [glow=yellow,2,300]"I would prefer the former, however."[/glow]
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Bane Emural

"I prefer we not shoot her. It would make our situation difficult. Plus we need to find out her location. If she is near the Capitol, then that would prove rather difficult, no matter how easy it will be to change her. And if she will want to follow you, then a chase is in order with something valuable that she may have a reason to chase you, she is Greed after all." Bane takes out a second vault box. He taps the top of it and a necklace appears out of it. He takes it and the box closes. The necklace radiates with a sort of magical enchantment, with a diamond in the middle. "I was hoping to use this in an experiment, but my house is rather... well, gone. We can use this to get her to follow you."
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Chirp

"Right." He said determined, and went to position himself on the Diamond Dog's back. How they would 'swim through the ground' was a mystery to Koalemos. He was excited to see what that meant.

The Clockwork King

Clockwork holds up his hands, a gesture of defiance
Gentlemen, you are both completely neglecting the information that whatever Greedity perceives as valuable is worthless in the true world. Diamonds are rocks and vice versa! Just because it has petty value to you does not mean she will show the same interest, no, we will need to think on her terms.
He surveys the landscape for items without much worth
She most likely has hoarded rocks for the time she has been discorded, so there is no bait to be found there. A sword perhaps? Something different, something...unique. Perhaps...
Clockwork blinks
Myself?

Shadechaser

Shadechaser walks out of the tree line of the Everfree, then conjures up her instrument. As the shadows flow from her hooves, a ball of darkness starts to form. A moment later, her instrument appears. She continues her path back to the farm house, where the group resides.

"[shadow=purple,left]As darkness comes to play, a riddle finds the real. When lost becomes the way, all will know what to seal. We will know the right, still to say. What will bring might, but only to slay. A mist blinds the truth, more walks in line. Several bind uncouth, only talk in min'.[/shadow]" She speaks as she walks through the field of rock monsters. Never making a sound with her hooves, and remaining far enough away to react in an instant.

Spoiler: Prepared Skill: Shadow Leap • show
[center][glow=gray,2,300]Shadow Leap[/glow]

-Effect-
Take a leap of faith into the shadows out of harm's way

-Consequences-
Connection with reality will be severed
Actions will be scaled to that of a ghost[/center]
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

The Wandering Magus

The beautiful, pearly gates faded, then vanished as they returned to that shifting world that was between the physical and spiritual planes.  Mortis nodded to the saints, smiling as He gestured with a skeletal hoof towards the veil.  They returned to their bodies... though it was less a return to reality than a slipping back into a dream.

Abigail opened her eyes from where she had been kneeling with Chrysteel, and smiled softly.

"Ah'm honored ta have helped ya, Chrysteel.  Ain't every day th' Father o' Alicorns personally comes ta speak in a form ya kin see an' hear."

She stood, and went to the door.  "Anythin' else ya want ta talk about, 'fore we get back ta th' others?"

-*-*-

Dash shrugged.  "I don't know.  She keeps hoarding just about everything these days.  I think if she could, she'd hoard the whole world, the whole universe.  That's what greed is, after all.  Never enough."

Guru Fido grinned.  "[glow=blue,200]Hold on tight![/glow]"

He positioned himself next to a softer-looking part of the wall, took a deep breath, and literally dove straight into the solid bedrock of the planet.  Miraculously, his powerful diamond arms seemed to always leave just enough room so that Koalemos was safe from flying gravel and pebbles, and his legs recreated the rock almost perfectly behind them, leaving no trace.  The pony might have realized that they were literally swimming through solid rock, not just compacting loose earth to the sides.  The sound was indescribable, such a complex symphony of diamond and stone striking at precise angles and reconstituting, and the crystalline-organic sounds of the Diamond Dog's heartbeat and breathing, it was beautiful and almost terrifying at the same time, yet he felt safe, safer than almost anywhere else, like being tucked into bed while hearing a Chaos Storm outside but somehow knowing for absolute certain that everything was going to be fine.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Bane Emural

"The whole universe you say? That would be something only Greed could think of achieving. So, just about anything can lure her into our trap. But I wonder, which item would have the most effect on her. Any suggestions?"

bleyd

um have a slightly absurd and stupid idea. but perhaps in its simplicity. works. why not. leave a trail of coins. for that. rarity follow them,
mean. whether the greed pony will not be able to resist the temptation to pick up a coin after another to seize the last

ranbow you know rarity better than me can say your opinion please?

Omega_Khaos

2013 Dec 15, 19:07:23 #1495 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 15, 23:08:53 by Omega_Khaos
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Dec 15, 17:24:50
The beautiful, pearly gates faded, then vanished as they returned to that shifting world that was between the physical and spiritual planes.  Mortis nodded to the saints, smiling as He gestured with a skeletal hoof towards the veil.  They returned to their bodies... though it was less a return to reality than a slipping back into a dream.

Abigail opened her eyes from where she had been kneeling with Chrysteel, and smiled softly.

"Ah'm honored ta have helped ya, Chrysteel.  Ain't every day th' Father o' Alicorns personally comes ta speak in a form ya kin see an' hear."

She stood, and went to the door.  "Anythin' else ya want ta talk about, 'fore we get back ta th' others?"
[..]

"[glow=navy,2,300]Not at this time A.J. Though for now, lets not let the others know about my power change just yet. I think it best to have a surprise or two still up our sleeves. Just in case of emergencies.[/glow]"
Chrysteel says as she opens the door for A.J. then after A.J. goes threw she herself goes threw and to the others say, "[glow=navy,2,300]I have an idea. Rarity, as in her true self, could never resist the urge to make a dress. She is, has been and always will be a fashion designer at heart. A fashion disaster, by her standards, would make for an excellent lure.[/glow]"

The Clockwork King

Clockwork holds up his hands
This may seem terribly out of character for me, but I must admit these are some clever, if simple, ideas. The only problem with the coin-trail is that it doesn't take a genius to figure out it leads them into harm. The only way I see Greedity following the trail is if it actively leads her out, and coin is somewhat small change for one who is surrounded by 'diamonds'. I offer my plan instead...
He begins to pace once more, hands gesturing as he explains his plan
I am made of non-precious metals, copper, brass and steel, utilitarian at most with little desirables past my suit and coat, and going on the basis that whatever Greedity perceives as priceless to be worthless in reality, then the vice versa must mean I would be an anthropomorphic gold mine in her eyes, yes? If one of the original elements, say Ms Dash, were to deliver me to her, I would be able to gather worthwhile information of methods and means and perhaps even begin converting her back to her charitable self. Then, once an escape is needed, it is a guarantee she will give chase without thought of any traps.
He gives a slight bow, an air of pride blossoming forth
Please, your applause is wholly unnecessary.

Bane Emural

Bane rolls his eyes. "That plan sounds plausible, but can it really be done? We have yet to know how much she has changed, what her physical and magical attributes are. And I doubt most of you have stuck around Rarity that long when she selfishly hoards everything she sees, even if it's bolted to the ground. How can we know that she won't tear you apart once she has you? Or store you away for all eternity among the mountain of items she has collected for 1,000 years. Plus we are dealing with a unicorn, a pony of magic. Your plan sounds great, but its better to hear more plans so we can all decide what is the best course of action, that way we don't end up losing a member of our group."

He puts the necklace into the cube. "There are many factors to consider that we just don't know. And we have to be extra careful because of the fact that we are nearly at a point to where we may have to face Discord. Two members of the Mane Six are left before we face off Discord and Fluttercruel. And I rather avoid them before we the other two members into our group."

bauccgia0

After a long silence, Laserbolt went to walk out the door, towards the castle. There will be no 'taking down'. Thank you for telling me, Dash. With that, he walked out, this time without waiting for anyone.

Shadechaser

Shadechaser continued to play her instrument as Laserbolt exited the building. She remained quiet at foot, but the music was clear, and echoed in the vicinity. Shade noticed Laserbolt's shadow, then started to advance toward it.

"[shadow=purple,left]Those who leave to divide, show nothing fair. Still filled with pride, only stopped by stare. [shadow=purple,right]Nothing remains untouched in this land, still not to ride. Only to band, together we see pride...[/shadow] fade from sight, lost in time. Our souls fill with might, only to turn sublime.[/shadow]"
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

Go Up