World of Discord (OOC)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Sep 01, 21:51:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Asterian Starfall

2014 Jan 14, 10:40:43 #700 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 14, 10:43:13 by Asterian
Until Magus's return, I could take over as GM for the time being.

I won't do so unless a size-able number of you vote for it, but I know Magus would not want his RP to sit idly by while he waits to return. I can't replace Magus, but perhaps I can keep the RP moving... if you will allow me. I know he would want us to continue.

I want this to be a group decision, however.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Shadechaser

I dare not say no to this decision, nor will I agree this is a great idea. (Are you going to analyze the scene?) More like you are going to. When The Wandering Magus returns... *shivers* the role play should be back on all four.

My vote: No.
(The vote from inside the RP: [glow=blue,2,300]Leaning yes.[/glow])
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

Chirp

Quote from: Perry The Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 09:19:52
The information Chirp provided was not the reason for his ban or his ban extension.  Like I said if you wish to know then PM me.

I wasn't there when this whole ordeal happened, I merely quoted Magus when his extended ban became subject of our conversation.

Furthermore, I don't see the point to PMing you. If we are to free to ask you the reason, then save yourself the trouble of answering PMs and just state so here. It's us (RPers of WoD, and any of Magus' RPs) that are interested in this anyway, and anyone who wishes to join WoD or ANY of his RPs should also know why the GM is inactive. But fine, I'll PM you.

Quote from: Asterian on 2014 Jan 14, 10:40:43
Until Magus's return, I could take over as GM for the time being.

I won't do so unless a size-able number of you vote for it, but I know Magus would not want his RP to sit idly by while he waits to return. I can't replace Magus, but perhaps I can keep the RP moving... if you will allow me. I know he would want us to continue.

I want this to be a group decision, however.

Why not just ask Magus, instead? Gotcha covered, answer will be provided within 48 hours. If not, tough luck.

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Shadechaser on 2014 Jan 14, 10:49:11
My vote: No.
(The vote from inside the RP: [glow=blue,2,300]Leaning yes.[/glow])

So...  :s Yes and no?
Quote from: Chirp on 2014 Jan 14, 11:32:51
Why not just ask Magus, instead? Gotcha covered, answer will be provided within 48 hours. If not, tough luck.

Tried that, no contact.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Chirp

Quote from: Asterian on 2014 Jan 14, 11:39:28
Quote from: Chirp on 2014 Jan 14, 11:32:51

Tried that, no contact.

Well, Magus does have a rather busy life, and isn't always available. You'll have to be a little patient, if you wish to have an answer. He is rarely online, and even when he is, he often is unresponsive. That's why I said 48 hours, it might take a while.

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Chirp on 2014 Jan 14, 11:41:15
Well, Magus does have a rather busy life, and isn't always available. You'll have to be a little patient, if you wish to have an answer. He is rarely online, and even when he is, he often is unresponsive. That's why I said 48 hours, it might take a while.

Eh, fair enough.

I understand having a busy life. Dual enrolled at a college and having a part-time job, coupled with writing and RPing as hobbies can be time-demanding.

Chirp

Magus gives his approval, under certain conditions.

[18:01:10] Wandering Magus: so, like I was saying, Asterian's offering to GM.  I have no problem with it, but he should PM either you or one of the others on the chat if it comes to lore and world.
[18:02:10] Wandering Magus: lore being anything to do with broader history, like the "gods"
[18:02:39] Wandering Magus: world being, well, Chaos Capitol, Chaos Castle, etc.

[18:05:05] Wandering Magus: tell him that if he wants to know my inspiration to look up this:
[18:05:46] Wandering Magus: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/PonyPOVSeries-Pantheon

[18:32:52] Wandering Magus: if someone wants to GM it in my absence, I'm perfectly fine with it, but I want to make sure they don't butcher the world or lore.

People on the chat: Me, Magus, Teal Turken, Omega_Khaos, moonlight7starshine, Wavelength. All these people can confirm the validity of these chat messages, yes? Perfect.

Well, the GM has spoken. Go forth, and enjoy yourself Asterian.

The Clockwork King

Then the universe is stabilized, for now at least. The gods have answered your call and found you worthy!
Now, let us push onwards!
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

Asterian Starfall

2014 Jan 14, 19:47:35 #708 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 14, 19:54:21 by Asterian
Quote from: Chirp on 2014 Jan 14, 14:41:35
[18:32:52] Wandering Magus: if someone wants to GM it in my absence, I'm perfectly fine with it, but I want to make sure they don't butcher the world or lore.

I think I can keep the world together... in a manner of speaking. It never was coherent to begin with, though.  lol

Let's continue...

Post Merge

And, just so you all know, I have a busy schedule myself, so the pace of the RP will probably be the same. I kind of want to see where the current situation goes before a GM post, though.

One more thing... Can somepony inform me of the method used for this chat? Skype? Can I get Magus's contact info for it?

Perry The Pony

Be warned that if the RP goes against forum rules it will be shut down and not allowed to start back up again.

Omega_Khaos

it wont, Perry. It's Discord for Pete's sake.

Chirp

2014 Jan 15, 07:55:57 #711 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 15, 13:56:59 by Chirp
Quote from: bauccgia0 on 2014 Jan 14, 20:28:14
((Still waiting for Koalemos to respond to my random teleportation.))

Well, I did ask Magus. Here's the chat.

[20/12/2013 19:30:22] bart watson: Also, is Laserbolt capable of teleporting to Avalon? Can I respond, or must he get your permission for that action, first?

[20/12/2013 19:30:47] Wandering Magus: hmm, he's not supposed to be ablee to.
[20/12/2013 19:31:07] Wandering Magus: nobody's supposed to be able to teleoport in unless they're Cadance or Chrysteel.
[20/12/2013 19:31:23] Wandering Magus: that's why Guru Fido has to make it to the Gate first, then walk in.
[20/12/2013 19:31:28] Wandering Magus: rather than pop up inside.
[20/12/2013 19:31:40] bart watson: Well, he just straight up and did it anyway :p
[20/12/2013 19:31:46] Wandering Magus: imma retcon it.
[20/12/2013 19:31:58] bart watson: Or "teleported right next to me" who is in Avalon, no?
[20/12/2013 19:31:58] Wandering Magus: and give him a second-strike warning.

So there.. He got banned before that 'second-strike' warning. Now I don't know what to respond.

Quote from: Asterian on 2014 Jan 14, 19:47:35
One more thing... Can somepony inform me of the method used for this chat? Skype? Can I get Magus's contact info for it?

wanderingmagus on Skype.
[19:53:15] Wandering Magus: I'm available from 10am to 5pm PST on weekdays.

So, there :D

Omega_Khaos

sorry for being away for so long so far. am a bit busy but will post soon

Shadechaser

Spoiler: Statement for Correction • show
[quote author=Omega_Khaos link=topic=9037.msg749827#msg749827 date=1390215848]
Chrysteel says, "[glow=navy,2,300][...] we should not have to worry about darkness, not oblivion darkness mind you shade, pulling us apart before we go our separate ways. [...][/glow]"
[/quote]

I think you are missing some posts, Omega_Khaos. Shadechaser and Bane are walking through the forest at this time. (Darkness of Oblivion... that is a concept that no one being has yet mentioned, on purpose that is.) Will be waiting for the correction, if it is coming. (In the mean time, I will be talking with Bane. He has some sort of aura that soothes my soul.)
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

Omega_Khaos

2014 Jan 20, 10:56:13 #714 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 20, 10:58:53 by Omega_Khaos
sorry didn't see that. plus her statement stands. she was talking with who ever is there. Also Chrysteel only knows about oblivion threw her mother Cadence. that part alone would be directed at shade. but the fact of if shade hears it or not is up to you.

The Clockwork King

Ok number one. Laser, what the buck do you think you're doing speaking in Clockwork's head without consulting me or the GM, especially since Clockwork has a lot of mental barriers to stop such shenanigans.
Two. Feelings? You think that Clockwork had no feelings to start with? He was quite visibly angry  when you held him at spearpoint, happy at his reuniting with Queb, is now upset by other's displays of affection.
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: The Clockwork King on 2014 Jan 21, 04:20:55
Ok number one. Laser, what the buck do you think you're doing speaking in Clockwork's head without consulting me or the GM, especially since Clockwork has a lot of mental barriers to stop such shenanigans.

If you do, Clockwork, then assume that the barriers will stop normal telepathy, but against the Minions or otherwise, you are virtually powerless.

The Clockwork King

2014 Jan 21, 10:00:57 #717 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 21, 10:05:31 by The Clockwork King
True, but I don't think Laserbolt is a minion of Discord...
OR IS HE?!?!?

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: The Clockwork King on 2014 Jan 21, 10:00:57
True, but I don't think Laserbolt is a minion of Discord...
OR IS HE?!?!?

I doubt it. Nightmares are a neutral faction to Chaos and Harmony.
At this point in the RP, though, it's not him Starfall is concerned about, though. Tread lightly.

Bane Emural

Now at this point in time of during his recovery process, Bane will not wake up until the recovery process is complete or some pony speaks his true First name. (not the actually first name)

Just a bit of a heads up in case somepony wants to wake Bane up from his slumber.
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Go Up