Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Puynsi

Dont hate me. No images though.
Spoiler: show
G1 castle had SEVEN thrones, and Twillight new castle has SEVEN thrones, I will let you do the panic.

Dawnstar

2014 May 09, 17:19:31 #462 Last Edit: 2014 May 09, 17:21:48 by Dawnstar
Spoiler: saturday spoiler • show
Didn't manage to avoid the spoiler about the villain so since it was spoiled anyway I was curious about him being from an earlier generation so I went and looked him up.

Needless to say, the rainbow stuff makes so much more sense now.

AaronMk

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Howitzer

Season finale, is that really you? Seems like just last month Twilight received that weird box. It all ended too quickly.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

AaronMk

Quote from: Howitzer on 2014 May 09, 20:12:25
Season finale, is that really you? Seems like just last month Twilight received that weird box. It all ended too quickly.

Not to some off harsh, but I don't know what time capsule you've been sleeping in. It all still feels like a semester and a half ago.

DawnsEmbrace

2014 May 10, 11:14:39 #466 Last Edit: 2014 May 10, 11:22:28 by DawnsEmbrace
Whoa. 

Like.
WHOA!

LIKE.
WHOA!

Tirek was like, whoa!
And Celestia was like, WHOA!
And Twi was like....WHOA!

And...
*Sniff*...
T-Twi's...
Twi's Libraaary!

Why!  Why God!
Wahaha!...

*Sniff*, okay, I think I'm okay now.

<br />

yoshi1990

The battle between Twilight and Tirek was awesome. I felt like I was watching a battle from Dragon Ball Z, with all the lasers, explosions, and chunks of ground being hurtled around.

Tirek was like I'm firing meh laser! But then Twilight is like I gots a laser too sucker!  ^-^
It was epic. Best season finale yet.
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Yoshi1990 :-3<br />[url=http://www.bronyland.com/pony-

Stardust Dragon

I had a lot of fun with this season finale. 
I remember watching Escape from Midnight Castle a long long time ago, even though my sister and I usually watched the other Gen 1 movie since we had it on tape.  Tirek was a pretty intimidating villain back then, and I'm so glad not a drop of it was wasted for Gen 4.

Personally though the highlight was the Princess Harmony in the first episode's song.  It just had the right sound for me, plus hearing Luna sing for the first time right along side her sister and niece...it just sounded fantastic.

Everything I've seen this season just makes me think that this is the kind of stuff we should be making for our next generation: it's cutesy and fun, but not afraid to be complex enough to make adults rethink parts of their life.  This is what I've got to define "family television" as from this point on.

Coffee Rush

From that day on, the background was never the same...
My OC can be found here!

GlassMirror

That was the most epic episode since the Lion King! amazing!

GoldenTerrabyte

Can someone do me a favor and give me a link? I can't find the finale anywhere!
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

That was amazing! Luna sang!! That epic brutal boss fight between Twilight and Tirek was awesome too!!
It's really interesting that they brought back a gen 1 villain for this. I've never seen Escape From Midnight Castle or whatever it was, but I think in gen 1 he was more human-like. So, it's interesting that they changed his appearance a bit for gen 4, to make him more monkey-like. I guess the gen 4 crew doesn't like the idea of anything resembling a human being in Equestria, and that's just fine with me!

Overall, the finale was so worth the hype!
Except, the one thing I don't like about rainbow power is how their hair gets all huge. It looks kind of weird. Like, instead of having super powerful magic, they're trying out for an 80s hair band.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ManeFlame

I.... wow, just... wow. That has got to be my favorite season finale for any show I've watched, ever. I seriously seriously want to see the next season so bad right now.
I just... huh.

GoldenTerrabyte

How is everyone seeing it? I can't find it anywhere!
I'm back

Zhai

woaaah the battle was super epic!! the best!! tirek was great too, intimidating. its fun cause i watched Rescue at Midnight Castle this week without knowing that he was on this finale  O:

i teared when discord realizes that he did wrong and says sorry to fluttershy aaaw. im glad that now they truly see him as a friend, not only fluttershy.

i still dont get that rainbow power tho
im wondering what they gonna do next season wooo cant wait  :3

Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

ManeFlame

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 10, 18:45:14
How is everyone seeing it? I can't find it anywhere!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzoMtXd7M--1bmFJcHBmS25kM2M/preview

Quote from: Zhai on 2014 May 10, 18:50:29
woaaah the battle was super epic!! the best!! tirek was great too, intimidating. its fun cause i watched Rescue at Midnight Castle this week without knowing that he was on this finale  O:

i teared when discord realizes that he did wrong and says sorry to fluttershy aaaw. im glad that now they truly see him as a friend, not only fluttershy.

i still dont get that rainbow power tho
im wondering what they gonna do next season wooo cant wait  :3

With it's own twist, it was a throwback to the original series when Tirek was involved. The crew is doing a fantastic job of showing the series' roots.

Buddy Minute

Is it weird to say that this episode had a ton of faults and cliches, and yet it still came through and was amazing anyway? The execution was great. While I'm disappointed from last episode, this one left me feeling good at the end and looking forward to the future. Also, I did avoid spoilers.  :D

Tirek's motivation was cliche and simple yet he himself had an interesting character. Whenever getting a chance to speak, his personality came through. I love how calculating and calm he was in the face of Discord. He became more of a brute as time went on, but only because he knew he could afford it. This guy always plans the simplest route to his goal and takes it, whether it's taking it or tricking a god into working for him.

I was afraid when I glance at a post that said "Celestia/Luna" would give Twilight her power, but in the end I love when they did with this. They used Twilight with ultimate power for all it's worth, and seeing her struggling to mess with the sun and the moon. It was awkwardness on a cosmic scale.

The song, I was afraid we're get something like and the Crystal Empire (being that we're here again)--a bland song with lacking visuals. It started with Twilgiht standing around, but it got great when all the alicorns joined in. Their voices were serene, and the backdrop was vast. It matched the song well. That said, the song was pretty much communicated a pretty simple message. "Bored and anxious Twilight? Well Celestia's here to tell you just chill and wait and everything will come in time." That's silly, but the singers made this thing great. Same with the end.

Discord was kind of dumb, but I guess this was a story arc for him. He should have had a back up for Tirek's betrayal, and I don't get the impression that Tirek should have earned his trust so easy. Regardless, his part in the episode added a little spice to this finale. The guy's got a legitimate reason for redemption now. I look forward to more Discord!

The Rainbow Power, it looks silly, but I like the visuals of the resulting castle and the change in the background. I want to see more, and I wonder where they go from here. These guys have a nice castle hang out now.

Lastly, I winced when Tirek saped Derpy's flying power.  :o That felt wrong! It was like kicking a puppy. Overall, fantastic finale. I'll enjoy these memories until the post season funk set in. Time to count the days... 

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Buddy Minute on 2014 May 10, 20:10:30

Lastly, I winced when Tirek saped Derpy's flying power.  :o That felt wrong! It was like kicking a puppy. Overall, fantastic finale. I'll enjoy these memories until the post season funk set in. Time to count the days... 

I know!
It was awful!  Seeing all these different ponies fall one by one to an evil centaur, sure!
But...
...Watching Derpy fall...
Something broke in me at that moment.  Something I didn't think they could break a second time.

They could, and did.

When the library was...
...Was...
*Sniff*
...Immolated...
...I nearly started bawling right then and there.

...Then I saw Tirek, and his stupid face...His stupid horns...His stupid horse body...

...That big, DUMB, MEANIE!!!
Then before I knew it I was Flutter-hulking all over the place, cheering Twi on with every last Phaser blast! (They were multicolored beams of light, they're totally phasers)

And as Twilight smote the mighty Tirek, with the aid of her new mcguffin powers and a few choice friends, I watched. 
As Tirek was sent back to Tartarus, I WATCHED.
As he now SUFFERS THERE, CAGED, ALONE, I WATCHED.

And that's how Equestria was made!
Maybe someday I'll tell you about what's inside those spoiler boxes!
<br />

AaronMk

Finale gets:

KAKAROT! out of ten.

Go Up