Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Buddy Minute

2014 Mar 02, 10:40:29 #360 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 02, 10:47:44 by Buddy Minute
Aw man...I don't wanna say it but this episode got boring near the middle.

Spoiler: show
I laughed at the scene between Rarity and Twilight (off course you wouldn't think it was too much purple!). When trying to trace what I didn't like, it pretty much all leads to the Breezies. They have an interesting look, but when they arrive at Fluttershy's house things start going wrong. Why don't they want to go home? The pacing seems off, and Fluttershy and the Breezies barely have any chemistry on screen...if that makes sense. Just a few things about this episode feel off. Also, their language and modified voice pitch made them tough to understand. I had to strain my ears to listen to this episode, and that doesn't help

Speaking off which, Twilight's spell. I can get over it, but it didn't help things out. I can get behind everyone turning into Breezies, but could you make it a little more difficult? Maybe the Breezies help Twilight cast the spell (as opposed to acting as an ingredient)?  What's keeping me calm is the hope that Twilight's power somehow ties into the season finale.   

LostSanity

I'm really not sure what to say about this episode but allow me to quote Pinkie Pie from the episode:

"SO. DARN. CUTE!!"

It was definitely interesting though. I liked the episode.

It was ANOTHER good episode as far as I'm concerned...

:)
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Pipkin

I didn't really have anything overly negative to say about this episode, but aside from the introduction of the breezies and the breezification of the mane 6 at the end the episode was kind of....meh?

Not the best "rainbow realization" episode, but definitely not the worst so far this season.

Now we wait for the fluffy-bat-striped-zebra-batpony-alicorn-demigod OCs to have breezies manifested into their genetic makeup....

Puynsi

Well... to be honest... Im kinda bored at this point, and lets see... what else? Oh yeah, more stuff for Flutters.

Chishio Kunrin

Since it's Monday/Tuesday, no more spoiler tags!
One thing I noticed: The reason Seabreeze was so anxious to get home was because he had a wife and baby. :3 It made me go "Awwww."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Puynsi

I almost saw a soldier in that scene.

DawnsEmbrace

I felt like there was something this episode really missed out on.

Remember the ending scene?  Where Rainbow is asking about Twi's transformation spells?

Why in the name of Celestia did Fluttershy not ask to be turned into a tree?
<br />

LostSanity

I really liked this one. It was really funny.

I have to admit I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

:D

Buddy Minute

This episode reminded me of past "mind-break" episodes like Party of One, except this time it's Applejack panicking over her little sister. Seeing her freak out like this was hilarious, and the swamp at the end made for many interesting designs and a good climax. Not the best, but a good episode.

LostSanity

This episode was... weird...

But also... funny.

Maybe not as good as some of the other episodes, but still good nonetheless.

I still liked it. Don't worry.

^-^

DawnsEmbrace

2014 Mar 16, 18:39:40 #370 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 16, 20:05:10 by DawnsEmbrace
Well!  I deeply enjoyed this episode.
Maud was an incredible breath of fresh air compared with other recent characters.
In fact, I liked her so much, she is totally applicable for my favorite Non-Mane-Six character.
Definitely my favorite character of Season 4.

As for the episode, I loved it.  Naturally.  Because it has Pinkie in it.

It had Pinkie in it, managed to introduce a new character I like, has a dual message, and THIS:

Seriously.  BEST SCENE of Season 4.

It has inspired me to make my own poem.

"Stones-Where are you?
Hid among the dirt.
Boulders-How are you?
My movements are inert.

Rocks-When were you?
1000 years too old.
Dirt-What are you?
Something cheaply sold."

There, now that your retinas have been fried, you can go.
<br />

Buddy Minute

To love this episode, you must love Maud. Now I loved Maud, so everything works our fine!

Her deadpan expressions and constant awkward moments were hilarious. I also love analyzing her character. Every word you can use to describe Pinkie, you can use for Maud. A weird and eccentric pony who lives life by her own pace, and does things that seems impossible for normal ponies. They just have different tastes, is all.

Also, props for being another episode that has all the mane six, but doesn't waste them.

Chishio Kunrin

I love Maud Pie. :3 There was just something about her that I really, really liked.
Also, I think one of the reasons Pinkie loves Gummy is because he's kind of like Maud.
It's cute how the rock candy represents a mix of the things that Pinkie and Maud love - rocks and candy!
This was a pretty sweet episode. It actually made me go "Awww."

LostSanity

Luna's "Inception" powers always make me happy and make me smile.

Luna's just awesome.

This episode was pretty good as well.

^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Something I want to point out from the Maud Pie episode:
I think Angel Bunny's problem is not that he's a jerk. I think he's jealous.

When Fluttershy started talking about cute pocket animals, Angel's facial expression went from content to angry, to angrier, to even angrier.

Maybe he's the only animal who is actually Fluttershy's pet, and he's jealous that the animals she takes care of leave her little time to actually pay attention to him.

Dawnstar

That is an interesting idea, and makes a bit of sense now that I think about it. Having to compete with so many other critters for attention would likely make any pet frustrated, and maybe a bit demanding especially with the times Angel's been there to keep Fluttershy focused when she gets distracted.

Spoiler: as for saturday's episode • show
Definitely had a ring of A Christmas Carol in the dream sequence (which honestly got a bit dark for the series at the end). Not to mention Luna's powers apparently extend far beyond just dream walking and giving good advice. I realize Luna's could probably just be really good at controlling lucid dreams and only showed a potential outcome, but they left it very vague so it leaves open some very interesting possibilities.

Primarily, if Luna really does have the ability to see the future then what if Celestia does as well? It would certainly explain how Celestia always happens to know just how to guide events so they turn out in her favor.

That said, Sweetie Belle was definitely in the wrong with the treatment she was giving Rarity. I realize she's just a kid, and she didn't realize just how much her sister was genuinely trying to help her over the years until she was shown during the dream, but that added context just adds to the fact that Sweetie Belle does live in her sister's shadow. It still made a great story, don't get me wrong, but I think they could have made it better by giving Sweetie Belle a way to stand out on her own without someone's help (even Luna gave her the idea for the dolphin rather than having the idea herself).

Buddy Minute

I loved this episode, so much so that I'm a little sad they missed certain things.

I was hoping Luna would make a little side comment as to why she was there in Shores studio. Yeah, it makes sense for her to be there, they are in Canterlot, but a little side comment would be nice. "I'm a Sapphire Shores fan" or something like that.

I was also hoping for maybe, maybe a Rarity style freak out, done by Sweetie Belle. She'd panick over ruining her sisters career. Though, admittedly her imitation of her during the "red ribbon" scene was great.

Otherwise, I loved this thing. Funny, cute, and Sweetie Belles's attitude was was shocking, but made sense within the story.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Buddy Minute on 2014 Mar 26, 10:40:45
I loved this episode, so much so that I'm a little sad they missed certain things.

I was hoping Luna would make a little side comment as to why she was there in Shores studio. Yeah, it makes sense for her to be there, they are in Canterlot, but a little side comment would be nice. "I'm a Sapphire Shores fan" or something like that.

I was also hoping for maybe, maybe a Rarity style freak out, done by Sweetie Belle. She'd panick over ruining her sisters career. Though, admittedly her imitation of her during the "red ribbon" scene was great.

Otherwise, I loved this thing. Funny, cute, and Sweetie Belles's attitude was was shocking, but made sense within the story.

Wasn't Luna there specifically to help Sweetie Belle? :o

MrSpyro

I always knew
Sweetie Belle's nagic would be green!
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Buddy Minute

2014 Mar 29, 11:42:53 #379 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 29, 11:46:14 by Buddy Minute
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Mar 26, 16:20:07
Quote from: Buddy Minute on 2014 Mar 26, 10:40:45

Wasn't Luna there specifically to help Sweetie Belle? :o

Um...I don't think so? I assumed she was there by coincidence. At least, that's what it looked like. Why else was she standing in that room, alone? There's no way she'd know Sweetie would run in there.

On this week's episode:
I liked it at the start, but it got a little dumb at the end. Too many things were forced. Why were the Flim Flam's advertising their tonic with Applejacks "seal of approval?" Do these ponies actually know who she is?

It also suffers from being the last key episode. I could see Silver Shill's resolution coming a mile away. It's a shame too, cause I liked the Apple Family's antics before these other things happened. Granny was hilarious, swimming without a care in the world while her family freaked out.

Go Up