What makes an Alicorn an Alicorn? (A discussion on how Alicorns are created.)

Started by FrozenIcewind, 2013 Jul 02, 03:58:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FrozenIcewind

Okay, let me lay down my theory of Alicorns.

~ Alicorns exist in 5 types: Elemental, Emotional, Metaphysical, Astral and Planar.
~ At any single point in time there must exist a minimum of 4 Alicorns, but no more than 28.
~ Only 2 types of Alicorns are immortal: Astral and Planar.
~ Elemental and Emotional Alicorns have a standard pony lifespan.
~ Metaphysical Alicorns have an extended lifespan, reaching only 1000 years.
~ There is a set number of each type of Alicorn:
  ~ 10 Elemental
     ~~ Pyro
     ~~ Hydro
     ~~ Geo
     ~~ Aero
     ~~ Magi (Twilight)
     ~~ 5 Support
   ~ 8 Emotional
     ~~ Joy
     ~~ Love (Cadence)
     ~~ Sadness
     ~~ Contempt
     ~~ Anger
     ~~ Curiosity
     ~~ Acceptance
     ~~ Belief
   ~ 6 Metaphysical
     ~~ Law
     ~~ Chaos (Not Discord, as he is the source of Chaos)
     ~~ Holy
     ~~ Demonic
     ~~ Life
     ~~ Death
   ~ 4 Astral/Planar
     ~~ 2 Astral
        ~~~ Solar (Celestia)
        ~~~ Lunar (Luna)
     ~~ 2 Planar
        ~~~ Spatial
        ~~~ Temporal
~ The effects of a lower class Alicorn (IE: Their raw magic) cannot effect a higher tier Alicorn (IE: the Death Alicorn cannot kill any of the Astral or Planar Alicorns. (The only exceptions are both the 5 Suport & Emotional Alicorns.))
~ In order for a normal pony to be granted the powers of any Alicorn lower than the Astral and Planar, they must demonstrate and wield the powers in their normal life with great care and obtain approval from 3 of the highest tier Alicorn (Astral/Planar).

I hope this may have given everypony else a better... understanding of how I perceive any Alicorns.

Blues-Music

There are no need for theories you know. It's canon that Luna , and Celestia had parents , and that the only way to become an alicorn was to have alicorn parents. However there is another way which is becoming an alicorn which can only be done by an alicorn himself. However these "Artificial." Alicorns are weaker than the biological alicorns. That can be proved by the many official statements by people working on the show , and the fact that princess cadence was originally a pegasus until Celestia turned her into an alicorn as seen in the officially licensed by hasbro comics , and can be seen aging in the show.If that's not proof when Meghan Mccarthy was asked about this she said that alicorns that were created by the spell age normally , and are less powerful than alicorns that were born alicorns. ((don't ask me about princess skyla please. I don't know yet.)).  Basically alicorns existed in the past until only Celestia , and luna were left. Then Twilight , and cadence got transformed into alicorns.

This is all canon so there isn't need for theories

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Blues-Music

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jul 02, 10:50:57
I reject your reality and substitute my own!  :P
I can understand other people using different realities , and opinions , but this info was confirmed. Saying other stuff may be fun , but it won't be relevant to the show. But nothing is stopping you unless someone wants a relevant RP.

Night Pony

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jul 02, 10:57:16
I can understand other people using different realities , and opinions , but this info was confirmed. Saying other stuff may be fun , but it won't be relevant to the show. But nothing is stopping you unless someone wants a relevant RP.

I was mainly talking about the original post.  :P What you said is the the mainly accepted story but I am calling cannon until it's explained in the show. Also Tia and Luna are the only known alicorns that were born (this could be used by numerous alicorn owners including myself  :P).

Blues-Music

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jul 02, 11:01:40

I was mainly talking about the original post.  :P What you said is the the mainly accepted story but I am calling cannon until it's explained in the show. Also Tia and Luna are the only known alicorns that were born (this could be used by numerous alicorn owners including myself  :P).
Well actually during a Q&A Lauren faust said Luna , and Celestia lived in the castle that Twilight found the elements of harmony in with their parents. Also before anyone says that since she left that doesn't make it canon Lauren created the characters. Since she was the one who made them that way leaving the show wouldn't change the backstory at all.

Also only saying canon is relevant in the show is wrong. Canon is whatever the creators want it to be. It could be a comic , a show , a game , or even a few words. If it's said by a creator in all seriousness it means it's canon.

Night Pony

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jul 02, 11:08:25

Well actually during a Q&A Lauren faust said Luna , and Celestia lived in the castle that Twilight found the elements of harmony in with their parents. Also before anyone says that since she left that doesn't make it canon Lauren created the characters. Since she was the one who made them that way leaving the show wouldn't change the backstory at all.

Also only saying canon is relevant in the show is wrong. Canon is whatever the creators want it to be. It could be a comic , a show , a game , or even a few words. If it's said by a creator in all seriousness it means it's canon.

True but until it's released in some form either be in a comic or in the show it can be changed. Things are set in stone only when it's mentioned/explained in one of the official medias.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jul 02, 11:16:53
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jul 02, 11:08:25

True but until it's released in some form either be in a comic or in the show it can be changed. Things are set in stone only when it's mentioned/explained in one of the official medias.
They are always set in stone , but like you said they can change , but the possibility of change doesn't defeat the fact that it's currently canon , and until it changes it remains canon.
Also i'm not forcing anyone to agree with me i'm just throwing my opinion , and the evidence.

Zygrograxgra

Here's what I say: They're hybrids caused by a mix of genetics and chance, that stuff, like any other trait. There's nothing powerful about them as a breed, it's just certain individuals are. Exceedingly rare though.

Also, anything said by Lauren after (not before) she left to be fact that isn't said to be fact by the current creators of the canon should be taken with a grain of salt at the most. She has absolutely no control over the canon any more, and they WILL deviate from her original idea. They did, last I checked.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Go Up