what would happen to the bronys if my little pony was no more?

Started by princesswarmheart, 2013 May 05, 06:13:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

OfficerShields

My guess is the fanbase would still continue to exist, just like the fanbases of other popular yet discontinued shows still exist. Just look at shows like The Powerpuff Girls and The 4400.

Night Pony

Quote from: Gouranga on 2014 Apr 21, 23:41:16
Quote from: dead385 on 2014 Apr 21, 12:39:19
I think the bronies would make the show live on.What I'm trying to say is that the bronies would still make the show

You're right, I didn't think of it that way until now, but that's totally true! And it'll even be better because Hasbro will have nothing to say about it!  :D

The fact that Hasbro decided to stop producing FiM episodes does not mean they will sit by and take their license. Unless getting permission from them, the produced things have chance for a C&D.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Gouranga

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 22, 03:04:36
The fact that Hasbro decided to stop producing FiM episodes does not mean they will sit by and take their license. Unless getting permission from them, the produced things have chance for a C&D.

I still like to think they won't. :I

AaronMk

You know, I was talking about this with some friends yesterday morning, and we concluded if the show did end there *is* a chance the fandom could continue on. One compadre of mine invoking "Fans of the fandom" which might as well be the element needed to keep the fandom chugging as either a psuedo-furrydom or its own abstract sub-culture such as the furrydom. Granted at this point we'd be subsisting on pony fiction and reddit memes.

MLPG4 also comes at the benefit of coming out during the era of the modern internet where information travels far, fast, and persists. With so many people on the internet consuming and creating content the fandom could in theory survive on FiMFiction and form their own sub-fandoms around various fan-fictions (Fallout Equestria comes to mind as being a very large sub-fandom in the greater fandom). On top of this, given the quantity of skilled artists and animators in this lot we could all in theory continue the spirit of the show in fan-shorts or fan-episodes; granted in doing so we'd need to base it more on Original Characters and keep everything else in the area of generic fantasy or the art style to keep from being nuked by Hasbro.

Tumblr AskBlogs could also be seen as a way to delay the inevitable, at least.

But on the basis of Fans of the Fandoms we could probably survive through metamorphoses and on a diet of Tumblr and Reddit memes if not well crafted OC-based content with the Universal Waifu

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

flootair

we would be sad for a while, then take a much needed shower and move on with our lives.

Mizuki

I don't really understand what the problem is.

If the show ended, then so what? Are people gonna just...stop liking a thing once it's over? o.O

Do people ever stop being fans of Star Trek just 'cause it hasn't had a new season in ages? Even before the new movies came out?

Do people just stop watching Back to the Future because the trilogy is over?

Do people just stop talking about how great Firefly was just because it's canceled?

Heck, I knew someone who directed me to an active "Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers" forum.

I still reblog and talk about Fullmetal Alchemist even though every incarnation of that has long since ended.

I dunno, I feel like a large chunk of Bronies haven't even been in a fandom before, so they're scared to death that it'll just "go away" when FiM ends. But it won't. Once a fandom is born, it never really dies. It can become less active, and people who were once active can say it's dead or dying, but a spin-off, remake, movie, or cool new fanwork can breathe life into it again at any time.

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Zhai

^ yeaah its exactly like you say.

actually im a xenite and i can tell that the xena warrior princess fandom is still very active and the show ended back in 2001. even now there's XenaCons everyear with actors from the show, even lucy lawless (xena) and renée (gabrielle)  :3
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Ramisha

Quote from: Zhai on 2014 May 06, 00:08:38
^ yeaah its exactly like you say.

actually im a xenite and i can tell that the xena warrior princess fandom is still very active and the show ended back in 2001. even now there's XenaCons everyear with actors from the show, even lucy lawless (xena) and renée (gabrielle)  :3

Oh, my mum loved Xena. I loved it too. I secretly wanted to be her  :3 but don't tell anyone.

Sails

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 May 18, 21:03:17
of course, you'd hope that Hasbro wouldn't be C&Ding all those fan episodes.

^This.
We'd all be disapointed, but thankfully the fandom would never die down...^.^
This is a signature wow
such signature
very profile
wow

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sails on 2014 May 22, 12:21:24
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 May 18, 21:03:17
of course, you'd hope that Hasbro wouldn't be C&Ding all those fan episodes.

^This.
We'd all be disapointed, but thankfully the fandom would never die down...^.^

What sane business would C&D free promotion of their products?

WalterWrap2000

Well, to put it nicely, they would ignore Gen 5 and continue loving the ponies of Equestria; the ponies who actually matter. :P
"We have a happy Spring, and Summer, and Fall. Can't Winter be happy too?" -Snowdrop

*crying forcefully* "Yes, Snowdrop. Yes it can." -Walter Wrap

Spyro_Dragon

If there would be no more My Little Pony, everybody who watched this show will be released from My little pony dependency and won't be bronies anymore!  ;)

On the first sight I'm kind and loyal, but if you know me better......

jakeh20

it will never die the show would just get gen 5 or 4.5 or something like that ^-^
pants is for squares _
                                l  l  < obviously pants

Icy Shield

Quote from: Spyro_Dragon on 2014 May 30, 08:53:34
If there would be no more My Little Pony, everybody who watched this show will be released from My little pony dependency and won't be bronies anymore!  ;)

Simple fans of mlp would, but the true bronies will stay! :nod:

Let it snow!

Cobalt Crafter

The copyright laws would be sold to someone in the fandom, we would have hayday. The end.

bronypony1212

Midnight Breeze

Spark Lights

A bit busy at times

Pinkamena

I really like the show, but I also do a big part of pre-G4 pony collecting. (not a fan of the g4 toys) I'll be pretty sad when the show ends, but I have other pony related thinks to keep me satisfied.

jazzers424

i would cry and we all would be like this ono and this  ovO
i love cake :D

Go Up