Why hasn't hasbro come here yet?

Started by kenan89, 2013 Apr 27, 11:49:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kenan89

Hasbro removed mane6, and other mlp games (also some like this one) due copyrights, the owners of the programs gave full cred to hasbro, but why hasn't they shut down this project?! I dont get it :c help me somepony.

Ahaut

Legends of Equestria doesn't use specific copyrighted property (eg. Twilight Sparkle, the title My Little Pony etc), so we should be fine ^-^
someone can explain way better than I can

Book Smarts

2013 Apr 27, 12:40:48 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 27, 21:09:23 by Book Smarts
They know about us, but we're safe from the common C&D hammer. As Ahaut has stated, LoE does not use any copyrighted characters, and only a few town names from the show. If they do decide to tag us, we would just need to change said names, and the game can just keep progressing towards completion.  ^-^

McSleuthburger

I wouldnt say we are safe but we are safer from a C&D
hopefully they dont come after us but you never know
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, the problem with all those other games is the fact that they used a lot of things that are copyrighted by Hasbro. Mane6 and MLP: Online used copyrighted material such as the title My Little Pony and actual characters from the show. Every character, including most background characters, are copyrighted by Hasbro, due to the fact that they make toys of them.

Because LoE is using original characters and trying to respect Hasbro's intellectual property as much as possible, plus the fact that this MMO will be rated G, we are much less likely to get a C&D. We can still get a C&D, but it's just not as likely, since we play it safer than a lot of the other games have been.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

HerpyDooves

Like what everyone's saying, LoE isn't using any canon/show characters, so we're somewhat safe.

Ateren

Whelp, the answer's are unanimous and correct for the time being. C&D, although possible, isn't a primary concern as of this point and time. Since the question has been answered multiple times I'm going to lock the thread. Have a nice day.  ^-^

Go Up