Professor Barrelroll

Started by Gracie Sky, 2013 Mar 05, 22:36:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gracie Sky

Meet Professor Barrelroll, a researcher in general physics and pony transportation. He lives in Vanhoover, where he conducts his research and tests by himself. He is reletively independant and not well known, although some of his inventions have seen some recognition. Most of his work involves moving parts intended for the various vehicles seen throughout Equestria. Did you know he developed the hydrolics involved in a certain cider carrying train?

Professor Barrelroll grew up with terrible flying abilities due to his underdeveloped wings. While it did bother him, he figured he didn't need it, since his passions were with his mind instead of his wings. He obviously failed school in the flying department, but his acedemics were outstanding. To make up for his lack of ability to fly early in his life, he developed a scooter of sorts to help increase his ground speed. The idea seemed to be a big hit with the other fillies to the point where a company bought the idea from young Barrelroll. The success of his scooter idea made him realize he was really good at applying his mind to develop useful things. In fact, that's how he found his cutie mark, a lightbulb symbolizing his bright mind.

One thing that still plauges Professor Barrelroll is his terminally horrible memory concerning other ponies. He is infamous for forgetting ponies in the span of 2 minutes of being away from them. He might even forget a pony standing right in front of him if his attention is provoked by something mathematical. However, when it comes to data, he never forgets a thing, regardless of how much time has passed or what else occupies his mind. He has been trying to overcome these forgetful tendencies by using pictures of all the ponies that visit him. It doesn't seem to be very effective, though.

Spoiler: show
I swear his picture came out smaller than I thought he would be. Anyways, he is a support character, not designed for the amount of development meant for a main character. He is going to appear in my story soon, so I thought it would be helpful to give a visual and a little information on him beforehand.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Rad Thunder

Midnight Breeze

Gracie Sky

That would be the day.  :P

You never know, though, right?
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up