New Forum Theme Suggestions

Started by Liska, 2013 Feb 10, 03:26:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Liska

Rissian

I love the new theme so far it looks great, I don't know if it's my screen or not but it's a little bit hard to notice the blue feather that shows new posts compared to the grayish-blue one. It may just be my screen though.  ^-^ Other than that it looks cool though.

Billow Pillow

I do apologize, i didn't mean to be offensive, i was just trying to help.  I shall stop, you guys did an amazing job making it though. :nod:
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Little Judas

Only thing I'm not entirely pleased about is the colour scheme.
Personally I preferred the one you showed on page two. Then again that just my opinion.
As for the rest, it looks great.

Previous complaint by others from last time the theme changed: Small font --> might be a problem again.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Lusterless Nova

It's good to see the old font size (although i bet others don't think that way)

I love the new layout. It makes it easier to access the other pages of LoE.
But i do have a little problem with the color. Instead of just complaining mind if i suggest something?
Would it be possible to make a "Color Selection" for each user in their forum settings?

Weremetalwolf

I like this theme, it's really classy ;) even if new posts are just a little hard to notice, the calamus that change from gray to blue could be a problem for colorblind users.
But I love having my avatar in the right top of the page :3
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Julius

What the hay?! Hello there! This caught me off guard! :o

I was at the beach (And right now I'm on my way home)! X3

I think the new theme is wonderful. Still not a fan of the coloring, but I like the theme. ^-^

I suggest making the New post/No new post feathers more noticeable, perhaps by changing the colors. They do feel very similar in color. And the white area to the sides is gone now... Looks odd at first... o.O

I haven't completely tested it, but so far it's great! No errors and it seems to be perfect on my iPhone!

Well, unless you count the one I posted for Chrome on iOS. That's still here. :P

Finally, I love Lusterless' suggestion about color selection! :D
Purr~

Liska

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2013 Feb 11, 19:17:46
I do apologize, i didn't mean to be offensive, i was just trying to help.  I shall stop, you guys did an amazing job making it though. :nod:

Oh, it was a joke! lol

Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2013 Feb 11, 19:33:14

But i do have a little problem with the color. Instead of just complaining mind if i suggest something?
Would it be possible to make a "Color Selection" for each user in their forum settings?

What would you specifically want colored?

Lusterless Nova

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2013 Feb 11, 19:43:11
Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2013 Feb 11, 19:33:14

What would you specifically want colored?

It would be great if we could choose the colors for those areas. The colors from the forum should be more then enough.
Would it be possible to make a small menu for this? I know it would take time, but i and probably most users here would appreciate it.
Spoiler: show

Lord of Madness

2013 Feb 11, 20:07:55 #69 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 11, 20:12:11 by Lord of Madness
I shall say I like this theme :U it feels so alive!!! ALIVVVEEE!

If it walks through your monitor than its too alive because you have a 3D monitor and should run.

Jenzy

I'm technically a tester right? x3

I did "sign-up"

The theme looks like a delicious orange and grapes. :3

It's lovely. I like the newly organized top tabs and the Media ones. (And how they glow when selected. ^-^)

If possible, that'd be cool to see a change colors option. For ponies to "personalize." Looks great so far.

Book Smarts

Liska

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 11, 21:29:39
Could use some details on the sides

I had an idea of vectoring the LoE staff and have them looking out of the main forum and alternate with every page reload, but jeez. That would take foooorever.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Feb 11, 19:30:08
Only thing I'm not entirely pleased about is the colour scheme.
Personally I preferred the one you showed on page two. Then again that just my opinion.
As for the rest, it looks great.

Previous complaint by others from last time the theme changed: Small font --> might be a problem again.

I liked the one on page 2, too.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jenzy

What Chisio said. The blue one :3

Hmmm... Curious. How does the alternating thing work?
(I know it's Lyra's little secret for her banner...)

Liska

Alternating thing?
I can make a darker color scheme if you would like.

Julius

Wow... Purple to the sides... Eeyup, definitely not a fan of the colors. lol

Looks pretty good from a computer, apart from the colors. :P

I got back home, but something's wrong with the Internet router, so I'll only be here for a few minutes... I'll find a way to fix that tomorrow, I'm tired right now. :s

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2013 Feb 11, 21:45:32

I had an idea of vectoring the LoE staff and have them looking out of the main forum and alternate with every page reload, but jeez. That would take foooorever.

I could help if you'd like. ^-^
Purr~

Jenzy

Orange and Purple isn't bad. Though some think otherwise.

Unsure how extra color options will work. Don't know if a button can even be added for that.
(Though I have seen it on Flipnote Hatena. You could change the theme.)

And the alternating thing. Like, when you refresh, it's suddenly a different image.

Rissian

A lot of forums actually have an option for multiple themes, colors could be sorted into those themes. Though I think HDD space is limited on this forum isn't it? I remember hearing something about running low on memory If I recall. o_o

Book Smarts

2013 Feb 12, 01:49:29 #79 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 12, 02:01:57 by Book Smarts
Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2013 Feb 11, 21:45:32

What about gems? Or green spines like on Spike?
Quote from: Trege on 2013 Feb 12, 01:20:37
A lot of forums actually have an option for multiple themes, colors could be sorted into those themes. Though I think HDD space is limited on this forum isn't it? I remember hearing something about running low on memory If I recall. o_o

We actually use to have the option on the old forums that allowed us to change the profile colors, and background to that of mane 6 and certain other ponies. Anya said she wasn't going to bring that feature back  however, I don't think it was because of data issues though. She'll be able to explain

Go Up