Season 3 purpose?

Started by Midnight Star, 2013 Jan 22, 11:19:11

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Star

Okay, so I came to think about this, when rewatching the episodes of season 3. to me, it seems like Celestia is gathering more power and forces. First, the ponies of the Crystal Empire, which she states holds great magic, that affects all of Equestrai with good. Next, she is reaching out to the inhabitants of Saddle Arabia, whom she invites to Ponyville. Latest is Discord, and it has already been mentioned that there may be more in awakening him, than just an act of kindness, and I think maybe it is another powerful ally, she has rounded up.

I think this could lead up to an epic conclusion of season 3, maybe it also has to do with the Alicorn-ation of Twilight. That must be some foe they're going to face, if they need so many powerful allies..

What do ya'll think?

leafy

:o -Mind blown- Well now that I think about it; you do bring up a pretty valid claiming and evidence. 
Spoiler: show
Maybe she's gathering all of these exquisite figures because of soon-to-be princess coronation? Maybe Celestia and Luna might be handing down their authority and  their thrown to Twilight and required a more "regal" audience? I'm not so sure about the new opponent though. However, I guess it's always a possibility.

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, I've been thinking that may be the case. One flaw in your theory, though: Twilight Sparkle is not going to become an alicorn.

If you're wondering about a certain episode name, well...
Hasbro has recently released a new alicorn princess baby doll named Princess Skyla. That's probably what Princess Coronation is about.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

I thought it wasn't recently. Anyway it could be Cadance's oficial coronation as a crystal princess. You never know.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 22, 15:33:25
I thought it wasn't recently. Anyway it could be Cadance's oficial coronation as a crystal princess. You never know.

That too. That's what I originally thought.

videogamehunter

I never thought about that. Maybe Celestia is up to something that we don't know about. When I have time again I need rewatch some of this episodes.

Book Smarts

There's an opening for Sombra too return, but with the season 3 finale only being a one parter, it's highly unlikely  :c

Little Judas

I think, let's say a thousand years ago, a villain was defeated and now it returns.

But in all seriousness, I believe something big is coming this way, maybe not the season finally but perhaps the rumoured movie.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

McSleuthburger

really I doubt anything will happen regarding other past villians coming back
my guess is that they will do something later on
say season 4 /5 (if there is one)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

super_chris85

well it might be in 4 hasbro did say they would do season 4 but Sombra was destroied by the crystal heart so he is not coming back

Book Smarts

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Jan 22, 19:39:27
well it might be in 4 hasbro did say they would do season 4 but Sombra was destroied by the crystal heart so he is not coming back

When Cadence used the Crystal Heart, you can see King Sombra's horn go flying, it wasn't technically destroyed. This leaves his fate unknown

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 22, 20:23:11

When Cadence used the Crystal Heart, you can see King Sombra's horn go flying, it wasn't technically destroyed. This leaves his fate unknown

Exactly. He was most likely turned back into a shadow.

Remember? That was his fate the first time. They turned him to shadow.

super_chris85

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 22, 21:17:52

Tis true but last time they used celestia's magic

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Jan 22, 21:26:59
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 22, 21:17:52

Tis true but last time they used celestia's magic

Well, his horn is still fine, and considering what we've seen him do with his horn... He might not be completely destroyed.

Midnight Star

It would really sadden me, of old enemies were recycled.. At least, if not done properly. Chrysalis were sorta just, thrown out, so it could be.. Sombre, I don't know, the same villain twice in one season, I just can't imagine that..

But~!
With the new toy, the pink baby alicorn, whom have been speculated to be the daughter of Cadence and Shining, wouldn't she be tying the Crystal Empire and Equestria together? Maybe they need to use some sort of strong magic to protect her?

I'm really excited to see where they are taking this  ^-^

Zbizo

Quote from: videogamehunter on 2013 Jan 22, 16:45:12
I never thought about that. Maybe Celestia is up to something that we don't know about. When I have time again I need rewatch some of this episodes.

whatever will happen, when even Celestia is gathering powerful magic allies you know that s**t is getting real

Night Pony

I hope Celestia and Luna get involve in a battle so we can see their powers in action.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Star on 2013 Jan 23, 05:04:45
It would really sadden me, of old enemies were recycled.. At least, if not done properly. Chrysalis were sorta just, thrown out, so it could be.. Sombre, I don't know, the same villain twice in one season, I just can't imagine that..

But~!
With the new toy, the pink baby alicorn, whom have been speculated to be the daughter of Cadence and Shining, wouldn't she be tying the Crystal Empire and Equestria together? Maybe they need to use some sort of strong magic to protect her?

I'm really excited to see where they are taking this  ^-^

I want to see Sombra again. We barely saw anything of him. I want to know more about this villain. So, if he returns sometime, good. Maybe he'll do more if he appears again. Despite the way he looks, he has potential. But he didn't live up to that potential in the premiere.

Ahaut

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 23, 17:11:04
I hope Celestia and Luna get involve in a battle so we can see their powers in action.

Last we saw Celestia failed miserably against Chrysalis lol

Seriously speaking, I agree.

super_chris85

Quote from: Ahaut on 2013 Jan 25, 02:18:30
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jan 23, 17:11:04

Last we saw Celestia failed miserably against Chrysalis lol

Seriously speaking, I agree.

but remember Chrysalis was powered up by the love she gathered from Shining armor and most of the ponies who already loved Candence  :]

Go Up