Super Mario Thread [Share your Super Mario Maker levels here!]

Started by Jenzy, 2012 Dec 15, 13:28:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Dec 19, 00:15:12
Well of course, what else will you do?

Depends on how long it actually takes to unlock everything for those games. Then there's the possibility of more games that'll interest me, soooooooooo...

EDIT: Rofl @ thread title change lol Though it wouldn't surprise me if she started showing up in more games other than the currently mentioned ones =o

Fun fact: Luma showed up in a sports game before Rosalina did... not that she ever showed in one yet (or does the Mario Kart series count as a sport?).
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Jenzy

Rosalina's been appearing a lot recently. Playable in Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8... and in a rather surprising way where she seems to be taking the spotlight.

It's like it's trying to be the Year of Rosalina... O:

Heh, don't worry Luigi. Rosie's cool and all, but you've still got the spotlight! Plus, you can battle it out in Smash Bros. 4! ;)

Or, y'know. The lady of the stars decided to join the fine party!

The games so far for the "Year of Luigi"...
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
New Super Luigi U
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Luigi Bros.
Dr. Luigi

Rikaria

Rikaria

Infestissumam

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Dec 19, 20:38:14
Rosalina's been appearing a lot recently. Playable in Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8... and in a rather surprising way where she seems to be taking the spotlight.

It's like it's trying to be the Year of Rosalina... O:

I think just the simple presence of another semi-important female in the Nintendo pantheon, especially from the Mario district, makes her iconic enough to round out an existing round-up, so for the sheer sake of diversity, I can see why they'd be adding Rosalina to a lot of their titles.
When in the real world am I ever going to need chemistry or math or the English language?

Rikaria

It's most likely the same reason why they added Dry Bones in MKDS as well as other, unexpected characters in the other MK games.

...I miss that character =c

EDIT: Speaking of Mario Kart, this was a nice listen:

ArtVeigar

Rosalina is my favorite character from the Mario series together with Yoshi, so I really hope she keeps making appearance in future games.

Jenzy

Well, I finally managed to get Rosalina aboard Starship Mario!

Ugh. The Perfect Run. It's not really all that challenging after a few runs, but it gets really annoying when I die at the Sentry Beam area and Hammer Bros. :l

Freaking DANG!! It's about time! 100% Completed!

I'm ready for Super Mario 3D World!

Rikaria

Super Mario 3D Land reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, but Super Mario 3D World... well... I'll let you see for yourself :P

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Dec 22, 03:56:44
Well, I finally managed to get Rosalina aboard Starship Mario!

Ugh. The Perfect Run. It's not really all that challenging after a few runs, but it gets really annoying when I die at the Sentry Beam area and Hammer Bros. :l

Freaking DANG!! It's about time! 100% Completed!

I'm ready for Super Mario 3D World!

You have a wii u?

Jenzy

Will be getting it hopefully this Christmas.

Either the Zelda Bundle or Mario & Luigi Bundle (whichever one's available. Preferably the Mario & Luigi bundle since it comes with the 2 Games w/ Multiplayer. The WWHD ver. would be alright. Getting a designed Wii U with it.)

So maybe I might not be able to get 3D World. Though, I'm still prepared on finishing the levels when I finally get it!

Since controls are similar to 3D Land, I should be able to get a good start on it. ^-^

Shadow Mare

Rikaria

I won't give away too much about the game, but I will say this: the gamepad IS needed for a few levels.

Aside from that, the game is entirely playable with just a Wiimote alone (AKA without the Nunchuck/Classic Controller/Pro Controller attachments).
---
Dr. Luigi's now released (Happy New Year to everyone, by the way :D). I wonder what our green hero will be up to this year (or if Rosalina will steal the spotlight)?

Shadow Mare

The gamepad kinda breaks the game, you can kill bowser in the car boss fight by swiping his bombs back via touch screen. Those panels that you walk over to change can be done by touching them.

Rikaria

Huh... I just used Super Bell to fight Bowser *cough*

blobking156

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jan 01, 12:49:41
The gamepad kinda breaks the game, you can kill bowser in the car boss fight by swiping his bombs back via touch screen. Those panels that you walk over to change can be done by touching them.

well... I wouldn't have thought of either of those if you hadn't said them...

Shadow Mare

Quote from: blobking156 on 2014 Jan 01, 14:29:17
Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jan 01, 12:49:41

well... I wouldn't have thought of either of those if you hadn't said them...

You didn't know you could do these? lol

Jenzy

Do you really want to see the game broken? ovO
Spoiler: show

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The Game Pad's options are optional to me. It does really help at some areas, but I still focus on the platforming where I should land on where there's land and not accidentally walk off cliffs from using the Game Pad. :P

I wonder who or what the God-like source is for these Assist Plays. In Galaxy, you only have a cursor. We have a source from Galaxy 2, the Co-Star Luma. NSMBU and NSLU only had blocks, and 3D World has some sort of hand/glove thing... :o

Go Up