Where IS everypony?

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Oct 24, 15:41:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zaner-Boy

To be brutally honest, I have a few choice words I would like to say to express my concerns to the admins, but they'd most likely get me banned from the forums, so I'll keep them to myself.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 25, 19:25:00
Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 25, 19:21:08
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 25, 19:16:12
I honestly dislike the moderation.Ever since the last auditions everything has been too strict.Some threads get taken down without breaking the rules just because the question has been answered even though they are sometimes discussion threads.Warnings have randomly increased.So i'm sort of afraid to post anything.

This, very much so. How is it that when I post a bug, and everyone starts discussing the bug, does my post get locked up for being irrelevant. It's a bug, I posted it in the bugs section. HOW IS THAT IRRELEVANT?!

"If you have any questions or concerns PM (mod name here)." o_o

I honestly hate that.Taking down s thread then telling you to PM is like saying we took your "TV.Call us if you have any questions about it".Shouldn't there be a warning to the thread first?Like post the reason this thread might be closed so that the people can atleast EXPLAIN why it should stay open?The moderation was a reason I started to disappear ever since the last auditions.Also agreeing with Zaner boy this large moderation outbreak made me too scared to talk about other ponies , or say their names.Which is why i'm not mentioning which moderator i'm having most trouble with.

Zaner-Boy

I think we all know who it is, though.

Ryo_D_Disk

I'm afraid I'm going to counter point a bit ((since I wanted to be part of the moderators before that kind of disappeared)) so I can see where there coming from on certain topics, and on certain cases you can PM them on the matter, however sometimes I shall admit and no offence they can be wrong which does cause arguments such as your own. But again it can be discussed with them in most cases but this rant is off topic and I shall stop here, and i shall round off by saying the moderation team shouldn't be the reason the forums are quiet because if they weren't here then there would be far more chaos

but also dont get me wrong im not saying your wrong im just stating my opinion on the matter

Blues-Music

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Oct 25, 19:49:04
I'm afraid I'm going to counter point a bit ((since I wanted to be part of the moderators before that kind of disappeared)) so I can see where there coming from on certain topics, and on certain cases you can PM them on the matter, however sometimes I shall admit and no offence they can be wrong which does cause arguments such as your own. But again it can be discussed with them in most cases but this rant is off topic and I shall stop here, and i shall round off by saying the moderation team shouldn't be the reason the forums are quiet because if they weren't here then there would be far more chaos

but also dont get me wrong im not saying your wrong im just stating my opinion on the matter
This is on-topic.Its about why we aren't on the forums as much , and the reason is the moderation for some ponies.We are just giving more clarification on to why the moderation is the reason.Also no the forums had no spam , or problems before the last auditions , and it was not strict at all.In my case its a certain moderator i'm having a problem with.Not naming names because i'm afraid I get banned.

However lets end this because I saw some threads end up being closed for questioning the new moderation.

Ryo_D_Disk

Indeed and to clarafy it was only my segment of the rant that went off topic yours and Zaner were still on topic, I just like to segway rants that seem to fit together into a single point sometimes  ^-^

Zaner-Boy

I'm just surprised no admins are here yelling at us yet.

The Wandering Magus

if the conversation becomes a bit sensitive, feel free to PM me, Blues, Zaner, Ryo :]  If the mod team and admins are unreasonable, I at least am willing to hear you out, harsh words or no.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Little Judas

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 25, 20:05:16

I you want I can get some people to derail it for you, that's the moment the mods come.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

I was gonna say "It's probably a good thing no mods have posted here because there'd probably end up kind of being an argument here." but then I backed out because maybe I shouldn't say that. >.< And now I'm here because maybe I should say what I think about it. I dunno. I hope it wasn't too negative for me to say that.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tiger

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 25, 20:28:38
Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 25, 20:05:16

I you want I can get some people to derail it for you, that's the moment the mods come.

Did somepony say "derail"?

Do you like cupcakes? Oh, I love cupcakes! But I also like muffins! Which one do you think is better? Muffins or cupcakes? Muffins have those chocolate chips but cupcakes have yummy frosting! Did I ever tell you how sweet the frosting is? It ought to be really unhealthy but I just can't get enough of it!

*insert more derailing here* ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 25, 20:30:39
I was gonna say "It's probably a good thing no mods have posted here because there'd probably end up kind of being an argument here." but then I backed out because maybe I shouldn't say that. >.< And now I'm here because maybe I should say what I think about it. I dunno. I hope it wasn't too negative for me to say that.

Negative? Do you even know who you're talking to?

Ryo_D_Disk

Now now, theres no need for a derail even as a joke and I think the modoration arguments should be placed on hold scince if this pace continues your creating the situation you said annoys you and thats more redundent, so if there is no relavent comments I would sugest taking this to another board or private chat  ^-^

Ryo rant mk2 complete

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 25, 20:30:39

Not at all, you've just made an observation and stated it.
That's one thing I don't really like about the moderation, it "forces" people to act different than they really are.
Stripping them of some negative emotions, making at moments them and there actions fake.

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Oct 25, 20:38:19
Now now, theres no need for a derail even as a joke...

I swear I didn't call anyone in, it was meant as an example on why threads might close and why sometimes that's a good thing.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

LaptopCommandStation

Derailing a thread requires a very special recipe..... ovO

IMO-The moderation has little to do with the lack of activity on the forums.  Actually, coming from multiple corners of the internet myself, and being a forum Mod/Admin and a game server admin,  seeing this level of moderation for a sensitive forum like this puts me at ease, compared to other communities i'm a part of/exposed to....let's put discussing the moderation system at rest, i don't think this is the place to discuss it's pros/cons and it could get this locked.

Ponies are likely very busy right now, isn't there some sort of midterm or something like that at this time?

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Oct 25, 20:38:19
Now now, theres no need for a derail even as a joke and I think the modoration arguments should be placed on hold scince if this pace continues your creating the situation you said annoys you and thats more redundent, so if there is no relavent comments I would sugest taking this to another board or private chat  ^-^

Ryo rant mk2 complete
I think Perry specifically said there was to be no rules dictating by anypony besides mods and admins.
Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 25, 20:47:32
Derailing a thread requires a very special recipe..... ovO

IMO-The moderation has little to do with the lack of activity on the forums.  Actually, coming from multiple corners of the internet myself, and being a forum Mod/Admin and a game server admin,  seeing this level of moderation for a sensitive forum like this puts me at ease, compared to other communities i'm a part of/exposed to....let's put discussing the moderation system at rest, i don't think this is the place to discuss it's pros/cons and it could get this locked.

Ponies are likely very busy right now, isn't there some sort of midterm or something like that at this time?
well, besides that.  midterms all the time, you know.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

There might be a pickup in activity sometime in December around Christmas time. That's usually around the time people get 2 weeks off from school.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ryo_D_Disk

Magus im not dictating the rules  :l and to be fair Im a little annoyed at the implication, im mearly making a sugestion to the ponys in the thread before your topic gets derialed, I never said i was inforcing it nor did i say anything that was against the rules

Little Judas

That rule is, however understandable and necessary, quite double.
Pointing out something that isn't in line with the rules is moderating, pointing that out is also moderating, etc...

McSleuthburger

2012 Oct 25, 21:18:43 #79 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 25, 21:22:20 by McSleuthburger
just drop the rule dictating guys we all know its there, no need to go into an argument about that
as for the other subject:
We lock up threads that are answered so we dont have anything stupid come up that there is no need for
if you want discussion about something MAKE A THREAD FOR THAT
We close topic because rules are broken (remember the prevention thing, I close them before they get any worse), most of you know the rules so I feel it isint necessary to post in every thread why it is closed
I tell people to pm me if they have questions so maybe I can add clarification if you are unsure of something, nobody can get in trouble if people just ask questions
instead of just sitting there crying about something, come talk to me so I might be able to help you guys out
and if anybody really has issues with the way I handle things feel free to contact perry
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up