Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

i keep having this annoying urge to push down the middle rolling/scrolling button on my mouse for some reason, been like this for awhile but now i really am annoyed by it lol

Sweet Brew

"Grief, a type of sadness that most often occurs when you have lost someone you love, is a sneaky thing, because it can disappear for a long time, and then pop back up when you least expect it." ~Lemony Snicket

Ahh...how right you are, Lemony... How right you are... :c
I often find myself going back to a certain someone's place only to feel all torn up inside and worry more.
I just get so bored that it's the only thing to do at times... So I do it.
In the situation I'm in I can't do much else...

What I'd give to be able to move on...

Chromastone64

Most of the time, my mum is one of the nicest and funniest people you could meet. However, she REALLY annoyed me yesterday.
Me: "advert comes on TV for Animal Crossing HHD" Oh, that's coming out soon?
Mum: It looks like it's for babies.
Me: Mum, one of my friends is really looking forward to that game.
Mum: That's just sad.
:I
Before you say anything, she has NO IDEA how big AC is.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

I've spent the last hour arguing with Cricket wireless agents. Last night I tried to buy a new phone and begin service with them with my same number because their prices are better than my current carrier. Twice I received an error message during checkout that told my my credit card address was incorrect (which it wasn't, I think I know my own address, thank you.)

So the transaction was unsuccessful yet I look at my credit card statement and low and behold I've been charged two different charges of $150 each to Cricket. Apparently my credit card information was correct enough to be charged but not complete the order. Then a few minutes later I get an email from my current carrier telling me my number had been deactivated. So now I find myself $300 poorer and without phone service with nothing to show for it.

I called Cricket customer support and they basically told me to F off because they're "updating their systems" and can't help me for the next 24 hours. So then I chatted with a live agent on their website and he told me the two charges will be refunded within 48 hours. After much back and forth between Cricket and my current carrier I finally got my number reactivated with the old guys.

Tell me, what kind of horrible system charges me for a failed transaction? Are you just begging to get sued? They tell me I entered my information wrong (which I didn't) yet they charge me anyway. If my information wasn't correct enough to complete the transaction, how was it correct enough to be charged twice?

Basically I've been robbed no gun. They'd better hope I get my money back in the time frame they assured me or I will be taking the matter to small claims court.

Sweet Brew

Spoiler: Midnight's phone stuff • show
[quote author=Midnight Breeze link=topic=2523.msg941339#msg941339 date=1442926567]
I've spent the last hour arguing with Cricket wireless agents. Last night I tried to buy a new phone and begin service with them with my same number because their prices are better than my current carrier. Twice I received an error message during checkout that told my my credit card address was incorrect (which it wasn't, I think I know my own address, thank you.)

So the transaction was unsuccessful yet I look at my credit card statement and low and behold I've been charged two different charges of $150 each to Cricket. Apparently my credit card information was correct enough to be charged but not complete the order. Then a few minutes later I get an email from my current carrier telling me my number had been deactivated. So now I find myself $300 poorer and without phone service with nothing to show for it.

I called Cricket customer support and they basically told me to F off because they're "updating their systems" and can't help me for the next 24 hours. So then I chatted with a live agent on their website and he told me the two charges will be refunded within 48 hours. After much back and forth between Cricket and my current carrier I finally got my number reactivated with the old guys.

Tell me, what kind of horrible system charges me for a failed transaction? Are you just begging to get sued? They tell me I entered my information wrong (which I didn't) yet they charge me anyway. If my information wasn't correct enough to complete the transaction, how was it correct enough to be charged twice?

Basically I've been robbed no gun. They'd better hope I get my money back in the time frame they assured me or I will be taking the matter to small claims court.
[/quote]
Both what happened to you and my Dad has officially scared me away from cell phone companies.
I'll just get Skype on my phone and call it aday. -.-
(Once I get a phone that is, lol)

HR5 stuff...
Gosh, I was inches from wining then the quest timed out... Only once have I ever timed out on a quest, gosh darnnit...
A Najala, Gravios, and Gore Magala all in one quest is just too much for my Insect.G (Altair to be exact) it seems...

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Sep 22, 18:23:17
Spoiler: Midnight's phone stuff • show
Both what happened to you and my Dad has officially scared me away from cell phone companies.
I'll just get Skype on my phone and call it aday. -.-
(Once I get a phone that is, lol)

HR5 stuff...
Gosh, I was inches from wining then the quest timed out... Only once have I ever timed out on a quest, gosh darnnit...
A Najala, Gravios, and Gore Magala all in one quest is just too much for my Insect.G (Altair to be exact) it seems...

I've been using glaives for ages, yet my friend, who never really used them before, has already made a completely OP one out of Seltas parts.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

I keep hearing stuff about how Skype is really messed up, and I've been afraid to log into it. :\

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 23, 01:21:40
I keep hearing stuff about how Skype is really messed up, and I've been afraid to log into it. :\

The only thing was Skype not logging in and it was left in a state where it constantly tries to reconect. But it's fixed now (but if you mean the new version of skype then idk since I have not updated).

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Itty Bit

I've hit a bit of a rough patch. Hopefully It'll be getting better, soon.

Jcfraven

2015 Sep 23, 21:11:54 #17229 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 23, 22:14:47 by Jcfraven
When people of power(in a group, company, organization, etc.) decide that it matters not for them to utilize good manners, proper grammar, and correct/proper words/terminology when addressing one another, and addressing the public in which they serve/provide something for.

Update on this, it also annoys me when they ban the person bringing it up(myself).

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Sep 23, 03:30:55
The only thing was Skype not logging in and it was left in a state where it constantly tries to reconect. But it's fixed now (but if you mean the new version of skype then idk since I have not updated).

Oh. Thank you.

People need to chill about waiting for KH3. :/

"We've been waiting for 10 years for KH3!!! Release it already!!"
Calm down, they announced KH3 in 2014 and started working on it sometime in 2013.

"It sucks that they're too busy with KH2.8/FF15 to make KH3 come out faster!"
They have completely different teams working on those two! There's a team working on KH3, a team working on 2.8, and a team working on FF15. Three different teams.

"Don't delay it anymore!!"
I'm sorry, would you rather Square Enix sink to the level of other game companies and release an incomplete glitchy game for the sake of sticking to a deadline? Do you want KH3 to be incomplete and glitchy? No? Then let them delay it if they feel the need to. Square Enix wants games from their top franchises to be complete and live up to what they want them to be, and they are willing to delay release to make sure they achieve that.

Also consider that KH3 may take more work than the previous games, considering
1. There will be more worlds than there were in the previous games.
2. The worlds will be bigger.
3. Most of the worlds will be ones we've never visited before, which means they can't just reuse assets to slap together a world. They actually have to build everything from scratch.
4. They've been designing, building, and programming various combat options - attraction flow, flowmotion, keyblade transformations, stuff like that. These options are there so that people can fight with their own style, how they wanna fight.

One reason they had to delay KH3 is because they switched from using Luminous to using Unreal Engine 4. But hey, look at how absolutely gorgeous KH3 is! Look at these screenshots (which are sadly a bit blurry, despite the trailer video being 720p60fps)
Spoiler: Screenshots • show
Hercules world

Sparkly particle effects for fire!

The Tangled world looks so much like the movie!

Welcome to Twilight Town HD!

There's a Struggle poster on the wall, and you can see that the hole in the wall leading to the mansion has been bricked up.

Also, it looks like Sora doesn't have cube fingers anymore. He has normal hands now.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Sep 23, 21:11:54
When people of power(in a group, company, organization, etc.) decide that it matters not for them to utilize good manners
Power corrupts... it's a sad truth.
Then people become blind to their corruption, only to delve deeper into it.

Power abuses really burn my britches.

Midnight Breeze

I got my braces off yesterday and my essix retainers suuuuuuuuuuck. I don't like them one bit. Having 2 layers of hard plastic between my teeth for 20+ hours a day is not comfortable.

Had I known it would be this bad I would have asked for hawley retainers.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 24, 02:28:57
I got my braces off yesterday and my essix retainers suuuuuuuuuuck. I don't like them one bit. Having 2 layers of hard plastic between my teeth for 20+ hours a day is not comfortable.

Had I known it would be this bad I would have asked for hawley retainers.

I feel your pain there, though I only wear mine at night. It does suck though, regardless.

Julius

I was just scared awake at seven in the morning by people I don't know. I'm all kinds of upset right now. >:/
Purr~

Chromastone64

People who whinge and cry about "If it's not made on an instrument, it's not music."...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Sep 24, 07:54:55
I was just scared awake at seven in the morning by people I don't know. I'm all kinds of upset right now. >:/
How'd that happen?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 24, 08:51:47
How'd that happen?

Seriously. If I was awoken by strange people in my apartment I'd be pretty scared.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 24, 09:43:13
Seriously. If I was awoken by strange people in my apartment I'd be pretty scared.

"There was a man in our house today, and I didn't know who he was. I went downstairs to get a hot pocket, and when it was done, he was like "Hey, I'm Matt" and extended his hand. I was like "I'm tired." And he just looked at me weird." - Cryaotic, on social awkwardness
:P

I can't decide whether to be annoyed or not about how my mom keeps asking me specifically to make her oatmeal. Just me. Not my dad. Always me. At least once a week, for years. Me.

It's built up to where I get kind of annoyed or exasperated that she woke up, walked into whatever room I'm in, and instantly (or almost instantly) asked me to make her oatmeal. But then after I make it, I steam for a little while, and then she takes the empty bowl to the kitchen and thanks me, and her thanking me kind of calms me down somehow. And then I tell myself it's no big deal, since it only takes a couple minutes or so, and she has back problems and whatnot. But then the next time she asks me to make her oatmeal right after waking up, I get annoyed again.

I dunno. :\

Midnight Breeze

I don't understand the hate for Ashley Williams of Mass Effect. Like....what's wrong with her? I don't get it...

Personally I found her to be a pretty interesting character, but then again I'm a sucker for the tough girl type. Probably why I romanced Ashley in Mass Effect and Jack in Mass Effect 2. Haven't played Mass Effect 3 because scumbag EA won't release it on steam. I might replay the trilogy on Xbox if they decide to re-release it on a single disk. Not sure who I'd end up choosing between Ashley and Jack...

Somehow I've managed to avoid spoilers all these years. I still have no idea what happens in the end that got everyone so mad. I'm told that apparently the ending is the same regardless of any choices you made in the whole trilogy, which is kinda stupid...I mean what's the point of an RPG with multiple paths if they all lead to the same conclusion.

Go Up