Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

When people get into the whole "OMG L'Oreal Kids shampoo, they meant 'tears' as in YOUR HAIR WOULDN'T TEAR, not tears as in crying, guys OMG I'VE BEEN LIED TO" and everyone in the vicinity falls for it, and soon you have a crowd of people screaming that they believed wrongly about the shampoo we all used as kids.
:l
*SiiiiIIIIIIGHHHH*

The commercials... literally pronounced it... "tears" as in crying. This commercial even had the words "No tears for eyes" on the screen.

You believed correctly about the shampoo.
You were not lied to.
You were not confused.
Stop spreading the "They meant tears, as in your hair wouldn't tear" stuff.

When my mom gets all "YOU WERE IGNORING ME, YOU ALWAYS IGNORE ME" when I really and truly literally do not remember her even coming into the room, much less talking to me. I was not ignoring you, mom, I just plain do not remember you saying anything to me. Stop acting like you're some neglected victim.

You know I have attention problems. I sometimes easily forget things or completely blank out on my short term memory, and I would really like it if you would stop saying that it happens because I don't care or I just didn't pay attention to you or I ignored you or whatever.

Maybe try getting my attention before you start talking to me instead of walking in and immediately talking while I'm literally in the middle of something, especially when I'm wearing headphones. I do that for you, do it for me!!! >:O Plus, I'm so sick and tired of being in the middle of watching something on TV or something, and you talking to me the second you set foot in the door, instead of asking me to pause or politely waiting for me to pause! Like I said, I do that for you!! Why don't you do it for me?! Maybe then, I'll hear everything you have to say!

*Sits in a box labeled "Moody"* I dunno what's wrong. :s

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 04, 02:20:54
When people get into the whole "OMG L'Oreal Kids shampoo, they meant 'tears' as in YOUR HAIR WOULDN'T TEAR, not tears as in crying, guys OMG I'VE BEEN LIED TO" and everyone in the vicinity falls for it, and soon you have a crowd of people screaming that they believed wrongly about the shampoo we all used as kids.
:l
*SiiiiIIIIIIGHHHH*

The commercials... literally pronounced it... "tears" as in crying. This commercial even had the words "No tears for eyes" on the screen.

You believed correctly about the shampoo.
You were not lied to.
You were not confused.
Stop spreading the "They meant tears, as in your hair wouldn't tear" stuff.

I certainly wish I was so content with my life that the only thing I had to complain about was the shampoo I used 15 years ago.

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Sep 04, 08:16:29 #17102 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 04, 08:33:07 by Chishio Kunrin
Why is Windows 10 just plain not wanting to install for some people?
I can't get past the point where it says "Doing a quick check before you can schedule your upgrade" which is, like... immediately after I click the button to upgrade. It'll do that screen for a few seconds, and then the window will close itself. :l And then if I open it back up, it's back at the very beginning, so I click the button to upgrade, and it does this all over again.

I don't even remember what part my mom is stuck on, but I'm pretty sure it's super early in the process, too.

Post Merge

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I can't open Google Chrome now. :l I dunno what happened. As soon as I try to open it, it brings up a little window that says Google Chrome stopped working.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 04, 08:16:29
Why is Windows 10 just plain not wanting to install for some people?
I can't get past the point where it says "Doing a quick check before you can schedule your upgrade" which is, like... immediately after I click the button to upgrade. It'll do that screen for a few seconds, and then the window will close itself. :l And then if I open it back up, it's back at the very beginning, so I click the button to upgrade, and it does this all over again.

I don't even remember what part my mom is stuck on, but I'm pretty sure it's super early in the process, too.

Post Merge

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I can't open Google Chrome now. :l I dunno what happened. As soon as I try to open it, it brings up a little window that says Google Chrome stopped working.

The quick answer is Windows 10 is stupid, in both the upgrade process, and in general.

If you want some help there, I know how you should be able to upgrade, if you really want to do so. Just message me if so.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Sep 04, 09:05:25
The quick answer is Windows 10 is stupid, in both the upgrade process, and in general.

If you want some help there, I know how you should be able to upgrade, if you really want to do so. Just message me if so.

I'll probably try again later. I did some googling for help and looked around and found that some people are still having problems and bugs with it.

I restarted my laptop, and Chrome still wouldn't open, so I uninstalled Chrome and redownloaded and reinstalled it, and it still won't open!

I'm in such a foul mood from everything going on right now, I give up! I'll try to find some way to fix it later or something!

The only thing I did right before it stopped working was get the XKit extension for FIREFOX. NOT CHROME. FIREFOX. Why would that affect Chrome and not Firefox?!! I don't know! I just wanted XKit for Tumblr, so I can blacklist stuff and things like that!! It's a really useful extension, and I haven't seen anyone complaining about it causing them any problems!

Lync Volan

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Sep 04, 09:05:25

I'm staying a Windows Xp & Windows 7 user forever if this keeps up :l

Chishio Kunrin

I did a full system scan for viruses, and apparently, my laptop doesn't have any viruses, so that's not what's causing Chrome to not work. :s I don't know what to do.

I want to be able to open both Firefox and Chrome because I have a habit of wanting to multitask, especially when my ADD is acting up.

Lync Volan

So i tried cleaning that tiny thing on the Gamecubes Disc reader and my game started to play for awhile... UNTIL! ERROR SCREEN READ GAMECUBE MANUAL!

Midnight Breeze

I don't understand why MMO characters are called toons. There's nothing particularly cartoony about most MMOs. Personally I've always called them PCs for player characters.

Chishio Kunrin

When adults in their 30s-40s+ have horrible priorities with their money, especially when they're parents.
Like...

couple: *Keep eating at restaurants, have planned two vacations, keep buying their youngest child whatever she wants* We don't have quite enough money to pay the bills, and we certainly don't have money to spend on our older daughter.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DD:

Yes, I'm complaining about my friend's parents again. They plan to head to the beach soon, and they've been planning a trip to Disney World. And my friend's mom wants to fly to Orlando for their Disney World trip.

If you can't afford to pay bills, don't go on a super expensive vacation at Disney World. Also, stop spoiling your youngest child while leaving your older child feeling neglected and unloved.

Lync Volan

Ugh!, i don't know why i'm so nervous about my "get together" all of a sudden, like will i be a good host? will i be able to entertain all 9 of them? will there be more then 9 RSVPing later? i was trying to limit it to 6 but i couldn't say no to 3 more of them DD:!
i also hope they understand i don't have enough food for 9 people since i was expecting to only serve 6 people, not to mention i hope it all goes well so my dad will allow me to schedule more get together's, also i still have a hard time talking to 1 person (namely cashiers when ordering food or something) so how am i gonna be able to "talk" when there are 9 persons!?

i'm pretty sure this is all paranoia though since during one of the groups parties i was able to talk openly with no problems whats so ever, besides everyone i met in the group so far are pretty much wonderful and not mean at all and we will be playing video games which is where i shine X3 

Elphyda

Boredom.  It's just the worst thing in the world.

Lync Volan

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2015 Sep 05, 18:05:50
Boredom.  It's just the worst thing in the world.
I recall when i used to be bored everyday, so i conclude this to be fact

Sweet Brew

There is a foal who wants to write a song
But everything he tries is always all wrong

The words feel quite forced
The notes sound of key

This is no song of course
But I rhyme randomly

I'm just trying to stretch my "rhyme" muscle and vent at the same time... -.-
Multi-tasker!!! =P

Chishio Kunrin

When a commercial acts like something is overly complicated, when it's not. At least, it's not for us (able-bodied teenagers and adults). Which means they may be wanting to market toward someone else (disabled and/or elderly). So, why do their commercials only ever depict us and make a point to exaggerate how complicated or difficult something can be?

Like, you know those commercials and infomercials that depict people being 500% clumsier than Derpy?
Some of those commercials are for products that are actually intended for disabled and/or elderly people, but they don't want to risk excluding possible customers.

That said, everyone here knows about Snuggies, right?
The Snuggie was invented for people in wheelchairs, but the commercials depicted only people who could walk perfectly fine using them.
Yep. See, when you're in a wheelchair and want a blanket, you usually end up only having it in your lap. That's not very helpful and doesn't keep you very warm. So, someone invented the Snuggie. It can cover the person's entire body, while leaving their arms free, and having their arms through the sleeves kind of helps keep the blanket up.

I think this one pizza place, Little Caesar's, has been trying to reach out to older people who aren't tech savvy.
Their commercials keep insisting that ordering pizza online is "too complicated" and that you should just drive to their restaurant to pick up a pizza instead.
>:/ Listen. We order pizza on Pizza Hut's website. It's super easy. The only people who will agree with Little Caesar's commercials are much older people who struggle with technology.

There's a commercial where a guy walks into Little Caesar's, orders a pizza, is handed the pizza, and then lifts up his hands to grab the pizza and pay for it, revealing his arms are sticking through a pair of laptops he supposedly punched. He says "Wow, that was much easier than ordering online."

There's one where a guy is sitting with his wife, trying to order a pizza on his laptop, and he says he forgot his password. Then, he says the hint is his cat's name, and the camera changes to show they have, like, 20 cats. His wife says "Let's just go to Little Caesar's," while he starts listing off cat names he's trying.

Look, just make your commercial clearly tell the public who you're trying to reach out to. Trying to reach out to disabled/elderly people using able-bodied young adults in your ridiculous, exaggerated commercials just makes you look dumb.

Stardust Dragon

2015 Sep 06, 06:02:55 #17115 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 06, 06:04:51 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 06, 02:28:07
Spoiler: show
When a commercial acts like something is overly complicated, when it's not. At least, it's not for us (able-bodied teenagers and adults). Which means they may be wanting to market toward someone else (disabled and/or elderly). So, why do their commercials only ever depict us and make a point to exaggerate how complicated or difficult something can be?

Like, you know those commercials and infomercials that depict people being 500% clumsier than Derpy?
Some of those commercials are for products that are actually intended for disabled and/or elderly people, but they don't want to risk excluding possible customers.

That said, everyone here knows about Snuggies, right?
The Snuggie was invented for people in wheelchairs, but the commercials depicted only people who could walk perfectly fine using them.
Yep. See, when you're in a wheelchair and want a blanket, you usually end up only having it in your lap. That's not very helpful and doesn't keep you very warm. So, someone invented the Snuggie. It can cover the person's entire body, while leaving their arms free, and having their arms through the sleeves kind of helps keep the blanket up.

I think this one pizza place, Little Caesar's, has been trying to reach out to older people who aren't tech savvy.
Their commercials keep insisting that ordering pizza online is "too complicated" and that you should just drive to their restaurant to pick up a pizza instead.
>:/ Listen. We order pizza on Pizza Hut's website. It's super easy. The only people who will agree with Little Caesar's commercials are much older people who struggle with technology.

There's a commercial where a guy walks into Little Caesar's, orders a pizza, is handed the pizza, and then lifts up his hands to grab the pizza and pay for it, revealing his arms are sticking through a pair of laptops he supposedly punched. He says "Wow, that was much easier than ordering online."

There's one where a guy is sitting with his wife, trying to order a pizza on his laptop, and he says he forgot his password. Then, he says the hint is his cat's name, and the camera changes to show they have, like, 20 cats. His wife says "Let's just go to Little Caesar's," while he starts listing off cat names he's trying.

Look, just make your commercial clearly tell the public who you're trying to reach out to. Trying to reach out to disabled/elderly people using able-bodied young adults in your ridiculous, exaggerated commercials just makes you look dumb.

This, and when a commercial or entire ad campaign focuses solely on taking potshots at their competitors.  I realize that the idea for advertising is to portray your product as the best, but stuff like smear campaigns always sound like kid fights on a playground to me.  A recent one that sticks in my head is Xfinity trying to do a 'commercial' for Directv and talking about how it's the most amazing technological blunder of the current era.  Every time I see it I just get so infuriated.  >:O

Lync Volan

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Sep 06, 01:58:58
There is a foal who wants to write a song
But everything he tries is always all wrong

The words feel quite forced
The notes sound of key

This is no song of course
But I rhyme randomly

I'm just trying to stretch my "rhyme" muscle and vent at the same time... -.-
Multi-tasker!!! =P
I think you should try to make some new hit nursery rhymes cause i love those X3

Midnight Breeze

I hate Bank of America. Why does it have to be such an act of congress to close an account? I can't just withdraw all funds and close it in one swoop. I have to withdraw funds, wait for the withdrawal to "process" (whatever the crap that means) and THEN call them and tell them to close the account. And pray that they don't decide to tack on a "service fee" within the absurd amount of time it takes to process.

I hate you Bank of America. You make everything so hard, charge us outrageous fees for nothing, and give us practically no interest at all. I have no clue why anyone in their right mind sticks with you. I'm sure not. In one month I've already accrued more interest with my new bank than I did in an entire year with Bank of America. The latter can shove it.

Little Star

Being so far away from the person/ people you love...

Chromastone64

An RP I'm in has just...completely de-railed from the main topic...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Go Up