Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Jun 24, 22:33:23
Did you even see that reveal trailer...?

I did.  Yes, it doesn't looked particularly polished yet (unsure how long it takes to mass-produce cartridges like that, so they might be able to tweak graphics before the final release), but that doesn't instantaneously mean it's a "bad game".  And like I pointed out earlier, it's a spinoff game, like Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers, focusing on a character ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the main character of the franchise.  Things are bound to change with character changes like this.  I think that it does hurt some that Metroid has been struggling for games for so long, and boy I know that pain.  However, I'm still reserving judgement on the game itself until the dang thing comes out.

Julius

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 24, 23:04:17
I did.  Yes, it doesn't looked particularly polished yet (unsure how long it takes to mass-produce cartridges like that, so they might be able to tweak graphics before the final release), but that doesn't instantaneously mean it's a "bad game".  And like I pointed out earlier, it's a spinoff game, like Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers, focusing on a character ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from the main character of the franchise.  Things are bound to change with character changes like this.  I think that it does hurt some that Metroid has been struggling for games for so long, and boy I know that pain.  However, I'm still reserving judgement on the game itself until the dang thing comes out.

Thing is, it doesn't matter it's not Samus. It doesn't matter that the graphics aren't the greatest. The problem is it looks like a terribly bad game with the name of Metroid on it just so it sells. It just doesn't look like a Metroid game at all. :s
Purr~

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 24, 21:47:49
All of the hate I'm seeing surrounding the newly announced Metroid game.  I just don't get the "franchise ruined, down with Nintendo" viewpoint I'm seeing wherever I go.  It's a spinoff game and we've barely seen footage relating to it, just calm the heck down people!  :l

Maybe I'm just hanging out in the wrong places, but I feel like I'm getting swamped in hatred for this game that's NOWHERE NEAR RELEASE YET.  And if it sucks then yes, that's upsetting, I want a new fantastic Metroid game as much as the next guy, but there's this miraculous thing called patience.  Try learning it!  :facehoof:
Why not just not hating the game at all?
I can understand being disappointed that a franchise you enjoyed is gone.
Like I'm still sad over Spyro, but I love Skylanders.

Less hate people, more love!
Instead of telling how much you hate stuff, say how much you love the stuff you love...
No one enjoys hate.
It's just hurting everyone.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Jun 24, 23:13:45
The problem is IT LOOKS like a terribly bad game with the name of Metroid on it just so it sells. It just doesn't look like a Metroid game at all. :s

I get that it doesn't look like the Metroid games we're used to.  But this is my point: it LOOKS like a bad game to people who have ONLY SEEN A TRAILER.  It might very well be a bad game and one not "worthy" of the Metroid name, but we DON'T KNOW THAT YET!  If Federation Force comes out and it's worse than any game I've ever played then yes, I will be first in line to admit I'm wrong, but I won't give this game trouble when it hasn't even come out yet.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 25, 12:49:04
I get that it doesn't look like the Metroid games we're used to.  But this is my point: it LOOKS like a bad game to people who have ONLY SEEN A TRAILER.  It might very well be a bad game and one not "worthy" of the Metroid name, but we DON'T KNOW THAT YET!  If Federation Force comes out and it's worse than any game I've ever played then yes, I will be first in line to admit I'm wrong, but I won't give this game trouble when it hasn't even come out yet.

Amen. I'm sick of how people are treating this game like the new version of "that" game that begins with H that got pulled from Steam before being put back on.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Itty Bit

2015 Jun 25, 14:56:42 #16465 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 25, 14:59:00 by Itty Bit
I think it's just a matter of people being irate because we haven't seen a new Metroid game in so long (aside from the train wreck known as Other M) and most people would rather just see a new Metroid. It's a spinoff like Treasure Tracker, yes, but we get a Mario game practically every year, while we haven't seen a new critically acclaimed Metroid in nearly a decade. Imagine if the new Smash Bros game was announced back in 2013 and instead of being a traditional Smash Bros game, it was a spinoff game of Nintendo characters playing Basketball. It could be a good game, but it's still not what people wanted after waiting for half a decade.
Though with that all being said, there have been rumors of this game being a follow up to the next Metroid Prime game coming out, helping to flesh out it's world and set up the plot. Who knows.

I love Metroid and am willing to give this game a chance for what it is, But I can understand where people are coming from. Though I do think that a lot of people are taking it a little too far. Starting petitions to cancel a game in general is just silly. No game deserves that, especially if we don't even know anything about it, yet.

Chromastone64

Spoiler:  MASSIVE spoilers for Final Fantasy XIV • show
OH.
MAH.
CELESTIA.
I just finished the final quest before the Heavensward expansion...and it was basically "Hey! You know all these characters you've spent the whole game with (who I personally liked nearly all of them)? Well LET'S JUST MESS ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING UP FOR THEM!!!"
My god, I HATE Teleji Adaleji and Lalorito...at least Teleji got what he freaking deserved...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Greyscaleisme

I'm just, so tired... I've been neglecting doing anything here for a long time, and I think it will be longer yet. I'm working at a farm, and I don't have time to come on here very often, but I feel so guilty, and yet, I don't care.. It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning, and I don't have the energy to do anything.. My life is tearing at the seams, and to top it off, not only are there mental issues, but matters of the heart as well. I'm just, tearing apart, and I just can't deal with any of it, my day consists of trying to figure out if I should cry, scream, run away, or all of them... God I'm tired...  >.<
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Lync Volan

My doctor doesn't want to give me details about the procedure his planing to do to me and i'm annoyed at the same time paranoid ono
(i'm even googling the thing just to be more scared DD: )

Sweet Brew

Spoiler: About what Grey said • show
[quote author=Greyscaleisme link=topic=2523.msg924780#msg924780 date=1435269788]
I'm just, so tired... I've been neglecting doing anything here for a long time, and I think it will be longer yet. I'm working at a farm, and I don't have time to come on here very often, but I feel so guilty, and yet, I don't care.. It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning, and I don't have the energy to do anything.. My life is tearing at the seams, and to top it off, not only are there mental issues, but matters of the heart as well. I'm just, tearing apart, and I just can't deal with any of it, my day consists of trying to figure out if I should cry, scream, run away, or all of them... God I'm tired...  >.<
[/quote]

"To rise and shine is so hard to do when all the light has been taken from you"
It sucks, it really does...
But even the more horrid happenstances can lead to a hidden treasure to make it all worth it...Even if it seems impossible and you don't see it yet.

Trust me, I know. ;)

I hate insomnia, it keeps me up to almost noon the next day, so when I finally sleep I wake up at like...8-10PM.
I can't just pull an all nighter for personal reasons...Can't use an alarm for personal reasons either!
I just want to sleep at a normal schedule...

For those who are following my deviantART, you'll know I'm trying to start music making...
Well gosh darn it! It's hard! DD:
Everything I write sounds contrived and poor!
So I'm going to be doing a vocal cover on my favorite song...aaannnddd I feel like my voice is a rigid, bad, horrid sound...

I can't do anything right... :s

Wow, I'm on a role today...
Anyways, speaking of seeing trailers and being sad or whatever...

I'm really dissapointed about Fire Emblem: Fates...
Spoiler: Here's why... (Fe:Fates spoilers) • show
Fe:Awakening was fantasy but tastefully done, you had a levin sword blasting someone with lighting, yeah...but not a lance that transforms into a laser gun as big as a horse! Seriously? And then that weird thing that looks more like a Legendary pokemon...

Fire Emblem I've liked because it's tastefully done fantasy, not just a bunch of popular anime stuff...
Again, I know I just saw a preview, but I know they're not going to lie about this content, the fact that it's in it makes me sad...

Maybe the game after it will be more like Awakening was...

Also, a total new character cast makes me home sick. X3

Chromastone64

2015 Jun 26, 11:18:25 #16470 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 26, 12:53:52 by Chromastone64
So I need the do some filming Sunday night, and everyone in my family agreed to help me. They need to, because the film is due in on Monday, so it needs to be done then. Not to mention this is the big assignment we've been building up to all year. It needs to be right, or I could fail the course.
EXCEPT THAT MY BROTHER, WHO IS PLAYING ONE OF ABSOLUTE BIGGEST ROLLS IN THE FILM, TOLD HIS WORK THAT HE'S FREE TO DO THE SUNDAY NIGHTSHIFT AFTER I TOLD HIM HOW URGANT THIS WAS AND HE AGREED TO DO IT!!! WHERE THE FLYING FEATHER AM I GONNA FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S REALLY TALL?! I'M NOT FAILING THIS FREAKING MEDIA COURSE JUST BECAUSE HE DIDN'T FREAKING THINK!!!

Edit: Nevermind, he's actually able to help me.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jun 26, 11:18:25
So I need the do some filming Sunday night, and everyone in my family agreed to help me. They need to, because the film is due in on Monday, so it needs to be done then. Not to mention this is the big assignment we've been building up to all year. It needs to be right, or I could fail the course.
EXCEPT THAT MY BROTHER, WHO IS PLAYING ONE OF ABSOLUTE BIGGEST ROLLS IN THE FILM, TOLD HIS WORK THAT HE'S FREE TO DO THE SUNDAY NIGHTSHIFT AFTER I TOLD HIM HOW URGANT THIS WAS AND HE AGREED TO DO IT!!! WHERE THE FLYING FEATHER AM I GONNA FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S REALLY TALL?! I'M NOT FAILING THIS FREAKING MEDIA COURSE JUST BECAUSE HE DIDN'T FREAKING THINK!!!
Is this a school thing?

Chromastone64

Yeah, but I've sorted everything out now. Turns out he was going in for day shift, not night shift.

Lync Volan

I never heard of school projects like that aside from in movies that is :s

Midnight Breeze

You know you're slow in the head when it takes you nearly 24 years to realize that September, October, November and December are clearly named after numbers. And worst of all they don't even correspond to the proper months of the year! They should be the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th months respectively.

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Jun 26, 18:14:25 #16475 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 26, 18:16:47 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jun 26, 18:04:34
You know you're slow in the head when it takes you nearly 24 years to realize that September, October, November and December are clearly named after numbers. And worst of all they don't even correspond to the proper months of the year! They should be the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th months respectively.

Originally, they did correspond with the correct numbers, but because of Julius Caesar and Augustus, the months July and August were added to the calendar in odd places and messed up the numbering. Yes, those months were named after them.
Just a little something I learned in World History in high school.

What's annoying is when I don't have the energy to have a whole lot of emotion toward anything.
Like... "Usually, I would be really angry about this, but I literally don't have the energy to be angry right now."
You never realize how much energy is required to be angry, sad, excited, etc. until you don't have enough for it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 26, 18:14:25
Originally, they did correspond with the correct numbers, but because of Julius Caesar and Augustus, the months July and August were added to the calendar in odd places and messed up the numbering. Yes, those months were named after them.
Just a little something I learned in World History in high school.

Well I just learned more than I ever did in my History lessons.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 26, 18:14:25
What's annoying is when I don't have the energy to have a whole lot of emotion toward anything.
Like... "Usually, I would be really angry about this, but I literally don't have the energy to be angry right now."
You never realize how much energy is required to be angry, sad, excited, etc. until you don't have enough for it.
If you have been forced into anger or sadness for useless things as much as i did you will no longer have enough energy to feel that way every again at this point lol 
(so basically when i should be sad or angry i just laugh at it which makes me look strange most of the time)

Sweet Brew

2015 Jun 26, 20:06:10 #16478 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 26, 23:05:46 by Sweet Brew
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jun 26, 18:04:34
I had never noticed that... o_O

You know what I hate? Something you really look forward to being an impossible future...
I wanted to do some singing stuff, turns out my vocal cords quite possibly are damaged...

I can't draw, can't sing, can't play the music...
When Celestia made me, she said "Oops".

[EDIT]
Well, after some research I found out if my vocal cords are damaged, and I don't just suck, it might be tied in to my stomach problems.

They have caused lots of almost puking and heart burn for me, which can cause Contact ulcers on the vocal cords.
I show 2 of the 3 symptoms, maybe 3 but I'm not sure about the 3rd.

So that annoys me, but on the same note mans I might have hope if O can get rid of my stomach problem...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Jun 26, 20:06:10
You know what I hate? Something you really look forward to being an impossible future...
I wanted to do some singing stuff, turns out my vocal cords quite possibly are damaged...

I can't draw, can't sing, can't play the music...
When Celestia made me, she said "Oops".
well i never looked forward to any of those things since i mostly can tell what i can & can't do from the start but its none the less annoying to be around so many talented people and be the only one who seems to be doing noting but trying to have a good attitude
(i also can't draw or sing or play music)
(but i don't let the fact my voice is horrible stop me from enjoying my songs XD)

Go Up