Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sunshine Smash

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Stardust Dragon

2015 May 11, 02:18:12 #16101 Last Edit: 2015 May 11, 02:21:23 by Stardust Dragon
It's going to sound really petty, but Disney Chanel's "And now back to our program" announcement for Doctor Who says that we're in the right dimension.  Of course we are, the TARDIS travels in TIME, not reality jumping!  Travel between dimensions has happened only a few times in the revived series and is expressly considered impossible when the TARDIS first falls into a different reality (nearly dying as a result of it because she's cut off from the proper reality, but that's a different story). 
Also just in case someone hasn't watched Series 2 and wants to, we'll go River Song on this:
Spoiler: show
The end of Series 2 episode 1, "New Earth"; while I was happy for the new humans getting cured of "every disease" that the hospital staff had grown them to experiment with...how exactly did the Doctor cure EVERY known disease in the galaxy using a few chemicals and a shower-head?  Don't get me wrong, the Doctor is brilliant and has future insight, but I feel like curing every known disease in the galaxy takes a little more than "ooh let's throw ten solutions into a vat and spray it all over the infected".

Night Pony

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 May 11, 02:18:12
Also just in case someone hasn't watched Series 2 and wants to, we'll go River Song on this:
The end of Series 2 episode 1, "New Earth"; while I was happy for the new humans getting cured of "every disease" that the hospital staff had grown them to experiment with...how exactly did the Doctor cure EVERY known disease in the galaxy using a few chemicals and a shower-head?  Don't get me wrong, the Doctor is brilliant and has future insight, but I feel like curing every known disease in the galaxy takes a little more than "ooh let's throw ten solutions into a vat and spray it all over the infected".

Because he's The Doctor.  :]

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

The fact that Nickelodeon never fully appreciated Avatar: The Last Airbender and, by extension, Legend of Korra.

Seriously, if you haven't seen Avatar: The Last Airbender, watch it. Legend of Korra is the sequel. ATLA is absolutely awesome. Great plot, great writing, great characters, great character moments, some of the comedy still makes me laugh, and some of the more emotional moments still make me emotional.
The show starts out a little kiddy, but the writers quickly realized that they had an older audience and adjusted to fit the fact that their audience was mainly in their early teens, without getting too mature for the kids who watched it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sunshine Smash

I feel awful. I woke up last night feeling warm, unable to go back to sleep for hours. The only way I stopped myself from getting worse was splashing my face and chugging cold water, but that only gets you so far. It might get worse, it might not, but I'm just not feeling well.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chishio Kunrin

2015 May 11, 09:58:48 #16105 Last Edit: 2015 May 11, 10:08:48 by Chishio Kunrin
me: *Trying to watch something*
mom: *Keeps talking to me, telling me important stuff, and asking me questions every few seconds!!*
me on the inside: >:(
me on the outside: x3
Especially since I'm tiiiired. I just wanna finish this up before I wrap up some chores and get some sleeeep. :s

Post Merge

me: *Starts watching again*
mom: *Asks me a question again*
me on the inside: I'm never gonna finish this!!! >:O Especially since I keep having to REWIND because I pause in the middle of a sentence or don't hear what was said 'cause I tried to hear what she said!!!
me on the outside: *Takes headphones off because I can't hear her* What? o.O

Post Merge

You know what? I give up. I'll watch it later because she's obviously not going to leave me alone for a while. I can't even get halfway through it.

LeviathanTS

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 11, 09:58:48
mom: *Keeps talking to me, telling me important stuff, and asking me questions every few seconds!!*
Especially since I'm tiiiired. I just wanna finish this up before I wrap up some chores and get some sleeeep. :s

Post Merge

me on the inside: I'm never gonna finish this!!! >:O Especially since I keep having to REWIND because I pause in the middle of a sentence or don't hear what was said 'cause I tried to hear what she said!!!

Post Merge

You know what? I give up. I'll watch it later because she's obviously not going to leave me alone for a while. I can't even get halfway through it.

That is exactly what its like me too lol

It seems that whenever I start watching anything, everyone tries their best to stop me by asking questions every few seconds

This also happens when I'm listening to music

I now watch most stuff at midnight or later, perhaps not the best idea considering my A-levels are on the horizon  :I
br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Rush of MLP

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 11, 09:58:48

Post Merge

Post Merge

^^ My mom with me during a Skype call

Lync Volan

When you order a series of books but can't read them since the 1st book of the series doesn't want to come in the mail DD:!

Chromastone64

I hope no-one here downloaded one of Nintendo's new "Free-To-Play" games, IronFall: Invasion. When I think FTP, I think moblie game with micro transactions.
Those would be better than what I saw. What does the main menu say?
"Play the demo of the campaign!", "Play the demo of the multiplayer!" or "Purchase campaign or multiplayer packs/bundle here!"
ARE YOU SERIOUS?! THIS IS NOT A FREE TO PLAY GAME AT ALL!! IT'S JUST A DEMO!!! A STUPID, GLORIFIED DEMO!!! AND THEY CUT THE MULTIPLAYER APART FROM SINGLE PLAYER?! YOU'VE ESSENTIALLY JUST CUT THE GAME IN HALF JUST TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF PEOPLE!!!

Jesus, I thought I actually found something that would last a while on the eShop...
Granted, from what I played of it, the game is...decent. I may actually go crazy and buy the things. Plus I somehow absolutely WREAKED everyone in my first match ^-^
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

After once again seeing the dresses that the girls wore to the Fall Formal in the first Equestria Girls, it suddenly struck me... I'm really annoyed at how absolutely hideous the dress designs since then have been. I mean, come on!
In the first movie, we got these outfits which were actually pretty nice:

But then someone in charge of outfit design had an aneurysm at some point in Rainbow Rocks because we ended up with this:

Personally, out of the Dazzlings' outfits, my big issue was with Adaggio's. What is with those weird puffy sleeves on her dress? They really stupidly puff up and make big points on her shoulders, and it just looks... well... stupid. Her dress, in general, doesn't look that good. Aria's is okay, but I've seen people call Aria's dress ugly. The only one out of the three that I really enjoyed was Sonata's. Sonata's outfit is perfect.

Meanwhile, what are we in for in EG3: Friendship Games?

Ugh...
On that note, the one thing I'm not looking forward to in Friendship Games, aside from the great possibility of hideous outfits, is how awkward I expect things will be with Flash Sentry. Trust me, if my speculation based on the toys is right, things with Flash Sentry are about to get even more awkward than before.

Lync Volan

2015 May 12, 11:48:10 #16111 Last Edit: 2015 May 12, 21:59:00 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 12, 05:47:47
But then someone in charge of outfit design had an aneurysm at some point in Rainbow Rocks because we ended up with this:

I agree those outfits were really terrible but i'm able to overlook it given the 2 other outfits Rarity puts on during there practice and the nice outfits they had on during "Perfect Day For Fun"

And lets not forget those other 2 outfits that i personally like,Rarity's disguise for Twilight looks pretty good (to me) without the Blond wig & Applejacks green dress during "This Is Our Big Night"

I'm pretty sure 6 (not counting the dazzlings outfits since i honestly love em) horrible outfits could be overlooked given there are about 13 Possibly 15 great outfits in all or am i wrong X3?

Post Merge

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 12, 05:47:47
is how awkward I expect things will be with Flash Sentry. Trust me, if my speculation based on the toys is right, things with Flash Sentry are about to get even more awkward than before.
I absolutely hope your speculations are wrong to be honest it would be such a let down for me if what you said about it actually happened >.< 

Post Merge

Here is a really "Dumb" thing to be annoyed about though lol!
i was watching my Blu Ray Equestria Girls and during the scene where Flash proves Twilights innocents my dad walked in and covered the T.v as soon as Twilight hugged him >A<!

Blizzard_Frost

Lync Volan

When someone does something dumb & dangerous without asking for your assistance then they get hurt in the process and you feel guilty for not watching them and the only reason they probably didn't ask is cause there in denial about there Abilities finally fading away :l

But if that is not the reason then i dunno why he didn't ask for my help it's like i'm not there to be helpful...what other reason am i there for?

Chishio Kunrin

When I'm sleepy, and I don't want to be. ono
It's that exact kind of stupid attitude that leads to me accidentally staying up for 24+ hours.
"What's an hour or two more? It'll be fine! *Several more hours pass* Wow, I'm really tired. What time is it? *Checks the time* Huh. How long have I been up? *Calculates* 24 hours... Oh... :I Yeahhh, I should go to bed... like... now."

Sometimes people ask me how I accidentally stay up for 24 hours. That's pretty much how, most of the time.
There've been times where I accidentally stayed up for 24 hours strictly because playing Minecraft with friends makes time fly by at light speed. Especially when we hit the late hours when almost everyone else had gone to bed, and Tekner felt like doing craaazy stuff with coding and mods. ovO Heeheeheeheeheehee. Fun times.

Lync Volan

2015 May 13, 14:56:04 #16115 Last Edit: 2015 May 13, 15:55:01 by Lync Volan
ugh! my mouse keeps double clicking sending me into random places & clicking on things i don't want to click DD:!

Post Merge

When you can smell your neighbours cooking and can't just go over there and say "Gimme Some Food" even though you and there daughter used to be best friends

It sorta makes you realize how many people you used to call friends but now you hardly have anyone but your mom & dad

Midnight Breeze

I got a blue screen of death on my aging computer. Poor old girl is nearing her time. Shes served me very well since I built her in 2010, but its just about time for an incumbent.

She was the first computer I ever built. I will miss her so.

Elphyda

My storage hard drive is reaching the end of it's life.  I do not have a different hard drive to put it on.

Stardust Dragon

The sound of thunder in the distance teases me: there seemed to be a storm on the way, but it seems to have disappeared.  I'm in an area that doesn't see lightning storms that often, but I've always been fascinated by them, hence my OC being a storm crafting pegasus.

On the plus side, I hit upon a very good reason why my OC wouldn't have a dog as a pet.  X3

Lync Volan

I can't seem to go back to wearing slippers around the house it feels more natural to be barefoot but now my feet are covered in dirt DD:!

Go Up