Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Star

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jan 22, 17:59:59
I could fly round trip to Canada and back for less than $350, but a round trip flight to the UK and back would cost me around $2000 just for airfare. That's before we even consider the UK's exorbitant hotel prices. Something tells me I'll never get to visit the UK.

Same :c

Nuserame

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jan 22, 17:59:59
I could fly round trip to Canada and back for less than $350, but a round trip flight to the UK and back would cost me around $2000 just for airfare. That's before we even consider the UK's exorbitant hotel prices. Something tells me I'll never get to visit the UK.

Whoah what a ripoff, a quick search reveals that flying from the Netherlands to New York is €524 (barring the vacation season) or about $600. So uh, you could save around 1000 dollars and visit Amsterdam as well, fun :)
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Nuserame on 2015 Jan 22, 19:16:16
Whoah what a ripoff, a quick search reveals that flying from the Netherlands to New York is €524 (barring the vacation season) or about $600. So uh, you could save around 1000 dollars and visit Amsterdam as well, fun :)

Germany is the same. A round trip to and from Berlin would cost me $950 flying from Dallas. Problem is I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy visiting a country where I can't speak the language.

Ramisha

Argh, the competitions are starting too soon this year. Just last week we got back to school again and BOOM competitions. At least this year I didn't take up 4 of them like last year... I was so dumb

Chishio Kunrin

There's some guy who keeps getting belligerently angry during discussions about RWBY when people don't agree with him. He quickly devolves to screaming in all caps and ignoring the points people make and proof people post.

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been banned yet. Someone has actually been temp banned before for repeatedly stirring up fusses and angrily arguing with people.
(This stuff isn't happening on this forum, of course.)

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: chisoka on 2015 Jan 22, 05:26:30
I honestly don't mind the other random pains.  It's just that with random foot pain, I'm like:

Dumb thing that annoys me? The fact that there's no like button.
I'm back

Lync Volan

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2015 Jan 23, 09:51:58
Dumb thing that annoys me? The fact that there's no like button.

Chishio Kunrin

When I'm trying to do the laundry, but our cats keep trying to follow me into the garage, and it's too cold outside for them. Hey, I have to wear my house shoes when I go in the garage today because the cement floor is freezing! There's no way I'm letting the cats out there!

(If anyone's confused, our laundry room is in our garage, and we have a door directly from our house into the garage.)

Nuserame

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jan 22, 20:09:17
Germany is the same. A round trip to and from Berlin would cost me $950 flying from Dallas. Problem is I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy visiting a country where I can't speak the language.

There is a fair number of English speakers in most west-European countries, though obviously at some points you still have to get by with gesturing and a tourist dictionary. I never really minded it much anyway.

And you can always cheat and just book two round trips, a ticket from Amsterdam to London is like 250 dollars. Kinda goes to show what a ripoff 2000 would be.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

I'm watching blooper/gag reels of a TV show on Youtube, but... for some seasons, the only available videos are ones where the person who posted the video put music over reel's audio.
WHY
WOULD YOU
DO THAT?
Do these people not understand the point of a blooper/gag reel?! Part of the humor is hearing them mess up their lines! I can't hear them mess up their lines if all I have is American Idiot blasting in my ears!! I have no idea what any of them are laughing about!!

Seriously, things like this annoy me.
It annoys me when people don't seem to have any sense and do something completely nonsensical!

SuperEpicTime

i hate it when ppl make recolored OCS >:O

Rush of MLP

It really annoys me when someone mops an area, then doesn't inform me when they know I walk through that area constantly. I always wind up losing my balance and almost end up falling, and the ones who mopped almost always laugh at me and tell me to watch my step. If you would have told me that you mopped, I would have watched my step! :l

Chack

When it gets super busy at work by the time I have to leave and I stay to help through the rush, and it ends up being 2 hours later.
Wait for it...

Lync Volan

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: SuperEpicTime on 2015 Jan 23, 20:30:29
i hate it when ppl make recolored OCS >:O
Everyone hates it except the people who do it. :P
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2015 Jan 24, 10:00:27
Everyone hates it except the people who do it. :P

I don't particularly like when someone makes an OC that looks almost exactly like Rainbow Dash and claims it's an original character.
It's like... "This is Rainbow Splash, my OC! She's Rainbow Dash's sister!!"

C'mon, it's more fun if you come up with something of your own. :s
At least there are pony maker games that can help you make your OC.

Greyscaleisme

I'm just glad Grey is an Original (I think) I have yet to see a pone like her in the show and whatnot, so I think its pretty safe to say she's an original. XD
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chromastone64

I'll admit, I get worried thinking people would call Azure a Fluttershy rip-off (personality wise), but I based his personality on mine, so I can't help it.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jan 24, 13:05:36
I'll admit, I get worried thinking people would call Azure a Fluttershy rip-off (personality wise), but I based his personality on mine, so I can't help it.
others have said i only colored Rainbow dash but i also colored Lyra lol

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Jan 24, 12:51:22
I'm just glad Grey is an Original (I think) I have yet to see a pone like her in the show and whatnot, so I think its pretty safe to say she's an original. XD

I know what you mean by "I think".  I try and put at least some effort into making my characters...each of my two right now was kind of just "what colors do I like in that mane/tail style" on the Pony Creator (I'm too lazy to learn how to draw  :P) but each of them has at least 4 pages double spaced of Word documents about their history.  I Googled both of their names in the hopes that someone hadn't used it already, and I still think I overlapped with someone by accident.  Winter Whisper's name is kinda generic, but I just liked it so much I wanted to use it.

Go Up