Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 27, 12:40:58
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 27, 11:35:50
You realize it's understood that if you put your work on the internet then you are looking for criticism, right?

Sadly many do not realize that.

Dumb things that annoy me:
People who do not realize that.
People who can't handle negative feedback.
People who make stuff up that isn't remotely true.

Add to that: People whose "criticism" is "This sucks, mine is so much better, I'm better than you at this" and nothing more.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jun 27, 13:07:16
Add to that: People whose "criticism" is "This sucks, mine is so much better, I'm better than you at this" and nothing more.

That's not criticism and should not be mistaken for. It's Douchbaggery~
>:/

Ramisha

2014 Jun 27, 14:59:37 #13262 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 27, 15:01:19 by Ramisha
My cat sat behind the car as we were leaving. We started moving and SHE JUST STAYED THERE!! We almost run over her! I think we even did!! How were we supposed to see her!?! Stupid cat... she has an injury now... we haven't seen her all day, I hope she's ok... I looked everywhere , she must have gotten somewhere far, she couldn't get that far is she was seriously injured. I hope so.  >.<

The Stars

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 27, 11:35:50
You realize it's understood that if you put your work on the internet then you are looking for criticism, right?

When people don't criticize my work, it annoys me. @.@

Oh yeah...And age limits... Just... Age limits @.@ I understand the need for them, but good lord it annoys me when I'm just 1 year off from something being legal :U.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jun 27, 14:59:37
My cat sat behind the car as we were leaving. We started moving and SHE JUST STAYED THERE!! We almost run over her! I think we even did!! How were we supposed to see her!?! Stupid cat... she has an injury now... we haven't seen her all day, I hope she's ok... I looked everywhere , she must have gotten somewhere far, she couldn't get that far is she was seriously injured. I hope so.  >.<

No!  Kitty!
I have horrible issues with cats being injured or in pain, even nightmares sometimes!   >A<
I hope you find her, I really do.
<br />

Midnight Breeze

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just got GTA 4 on the Steam sale and man, Niko Bellic is a terrible character. So I'm supposed to believe that this guy moved to America to escape his life of violence and crime in Serbia, yet practically the minute he steps off the boat he's just fine and dandy with stealing cars and killing people for money without the slightest glimmer of remorse? Maybe I'm naive, but I thought when people moved to a new country to 'Get a fresh start', it meant they intended to avoid the mistakes they made in their first life.

Worst written character ever.

MrEmu

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 28, 20:42:25Worst written character ever.
Ever wonder why I never ever will play those games?
I admit, I'm a bit of wimp, like even MH3U was too violent for me and disturbed me.
But I still prefer my games to be like "Legends of Zelda" or "Skylanders" or something that is more family friendly.

The Stars

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 28, 21:26:11
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 28, 20:42:25Worst written character ever.
I admit, I'm a bit of wimp, like even MH3U was too violent for me and disturbed me.
But I still prefer my games to be like "Legends of Zelda" or "Skylanders" or something that is more family friendly.

XD On MH3, I can sympathize with you there, because MH3pHD is preeeeetty darn hard. .3. One wrong move and you could end up screwed... Although, They're much better than the older games where the freakin buggy camera angles and stiff movements get you screwed over more than anything o.e
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Chromastone64

You've played Skylanders as well...?  *-* Eye-Brawl is best Giant.
As for annoying, not sure if I said this before, but now...these two.
Spoiler: show
Worst written TV characters.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Some Legend of Zelda games have some scary parts, though. Like the... what're they called? Redead? >.<

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Jun 29, 07:57:01

You've played Skylanders as well...?  *-* Eye-Brawl is best Giant.
As for annoying, not sure if I said this before, but now...these two.
Worst written TV characters.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are really annoying, but at least DT is bratty for a reason. SS is her follower and does whatever she does.

Though, I just noticed something. They're both earth ponies. They're an example that unicorns aren't the only ponies that can be snobby, bratty, and obnoxious. Not all earth ponies are nice or hardworking.
Yay?

DawnsEmbrace

2014 Jun 29, 10:22:59 #13270 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 29, 11:00:28 by DawnsEmbrace
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jun 29, 08:08:01

Some Legend of Zelda games have some scary parts, though. Like the... what're they called? Redead? >.<

Spoiler: Listen, If You Dare • show

...Redead...
Unholy abominations, mimicking the life they used to have.
Their moans escape them like a noxious poison.
Their resistance to conventional weaponry makes them hard to kill.
Their shrieks can bring even the bravest soul to their knees.

And that's not all the Legend of Zelda has to offer.

...Wallmasters...
These grotesque, enlarged human hands are rotting, and usually armored in some thick material.
They hang from the ceiling and wait for prey to move beneath them, and all at once...It's too late.
They grab you, and take you AAAALL the way back to the beginning of the dungeon.

...Floormasters...
These come in two forms.
The variation of the Wallmaster lives on the ground, and enters combat with any it sees.
It's rumored that when you kill one, it splits into three.
If you don't kill the three, it will reform itself and begin fighting all over again.
If you kill two, and one gets on you, it will start to eat away at your life force.
When it's finished consuming your energy, it will regrow itself.

The other variation exists as a blackened, shadowy hand.
If any draw near, the hand shoots out of the black vortex it resides in, and grabs them by the head.
Dragging you down, into its deepest abyss...
...Only for you to find yourself at the beginning of the dungeon again.

...Dead Hand...
I'd rather not describe the creature in detail for fear of it being too graphic.
It resides in a lair of beep, inside both the underground well, and the Shadow Temple.
Covered in beep, it will try and eat you. 
Like it's past victims, you will resist.  But it's too late.  The hands have you already, as if offering you to the creature in order to sate its hunger.
But it will never be full...
It will never be finished...
As long as brave souls continue to venture in search if treasure, it will always have regular meals...

And yet.
[I]E[/i] rating.

Post Merge

Oh, right.  I need to talk about something that annoys me.
Everything I just said above.
<br />

Ramisha

I think Okami has really scary monsters. There's a giant demon spider queen, an 8 serpent headed mountain bodied demon, a fiery centaur, twin owl demons who brought eternal winter to Kamui... creepy. I am annoyed by the fact that all those are defeated by a wolf, while I freak out when I see a tiny harmless spider.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jun 29, 13:04:28
I think Okami has really scary monsters. There's a giant demon spider queen, an 8 serpent headed mountain bodied demon, a fiery centaur, twin owl demons who brought eternal winter to Kamui... creepy. I am annoyed by the fact that all those are defeated by a wolf, while I freak out when I see a tiny harmless spider.

Well, to be fair, the wolf is a goddess in a wolf's body. And yeah, the spider queen was pretty creepy.
I didn't find Orochi (8-headed snake) quite as scary, but I guess the fact that one of its heads was kind of easily confused and silly helped a bit. X3

Thing that annoys me: When people are like "If the graphics suck, the game sucks!"
Nnno. >:/ What matters is the gameplay and story. Graphics are nice, but if a game could only have two of the three, and I had to choose between top notch graphics, great story, and great gameplay mechanics, I'd choose the gameplay and story.

Okami is actually one of those games that has all three, though the graphics part is due to it being in a style that's reminiscent of a Japanese painting, and it's really pretty.

That's another thing: Graphics don't need to be super realistic to look good.

Randam Saiko

The amount of class they have is overwhelming, not to mention that they have an amazing theme.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Ramisha

That moment when a videogame robotic owl is cooler than you...

Greyscaleisme

When you're leaving for a flight across your country, and you're going on your own.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

Darn it, Netherlands beat Mexico.

Now who am I supposed to cheer for when the USA gets knocked out?

Chromastone64

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jun 29, 13:43:35

The amount of class they have is overwhelming, not to mention that they have an amazing theme.

THIS. THEME.  :3 This was the reason they were the only bosses i WANTED to re-fight on the ark of Yamato. Consider the Ark my annoying thing this post. It was just a pointless boss rush.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 29, 14:23:59
Darn it, Netherlands beat Mexico.

Now who am I supposed to cheer for when the USA gets knocked out?

Simple, cheer for the Netherlands.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Jun 29, 14:26:40
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jun 29, 13:43:35

THIS. THEME.  :3 This was the reason they were the only bosses i WANTED to re-fight on the ark of Yamato. Consider the Ark my annoying thing this post. It was just a pointless boss rush.

Your signature has reawakened in me a mighty need for Final Fantasy 15!
I strongly desire it, and there is no sign of a release date in sight! And I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One. :s *Sigh*

Go Up