Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

That's the stupidest ending in movie history.
I'm back

Ryo_D_Disk

this sodding course im doing now I dont mind doing asignments and I dont mind having the teacher come to my work place for an assement thats fine

Its irritating but managable however when you decicde to tell me last second that you want an entire section of work compleated for tommorow to be given in when this is the first ive heard there is a written side then I get annoyed

Details are key and teachers should learn that I dont enjoy doing work last second and I expecaly dont enjoy doing work I dont have schedualed to do after a long day of real work

The Stars

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2013 Nov 18, 12:36:27
this sodding course im doing now I dont mind doing asignments and I dont mind having the teacher come to my work place for an assement thats fine

Its irritating but managable however when you decicde to tell me last second that you want an entire section of work compleated for tommorow to be given in when this is the first ive heard there is a written side then I get annoyed

Details are key and teachers should learn that I dont enjoy doing work last second and I expecaly dont enjoy doing work I dont have schedualed to do after a long day of real work

I feel ya, but it is soooooooo weak compared to failing your work because your teacher neglected to mention some vital pieces of information before testing you *Coughbiologyteachercough*:T.

I really just find it especially galling when you find out your advanced curriculum classes are really not even offered for collage credit and that now you just realize that it's a complete chore that stresses you and brings you down with your other classes... I'm not having fun at all in AP Studio Art :U
I'm in the 2D-Design branch and honestly thought I was going to have fun... Boy was that one huge lie I was telling myself; I'm mostly stuck with a teacher who's artistic ideals I don't quite believe in; it's a bit more enforced rather than open-minded. The entire curriculum of this class seems to be mostly artwork that people could half-produce or make a mistake in and people who have no idea what they're talking about try to make something about it...
Being forced to stop drawing with my tablet in order to take up photography to do my art portfolio, Not even by my consent or CHOICE for that matter; Entirely my teacher's decision and not my own... Not to mention I don't even have a proper camera to work with, nor do I have any experience in the photographic field, nor do I intend to make it a focus point anytime  in my life. I may use it to create rather unorthodox  3D drawings, but still, I stand by what I say; Not a main focus.
Oh, and apparently those AP classes only overall count if it's Math and English :T Most collages ask for your unweighted scale, so most of the time taking those Honors and AP/IB classes will have been for naught. Only real benefit is that if the student is willing to take risks, but I think they'll respect you more for realizing your abilities instead of needlessly taking risks you can't handle.

Anyways... Wouldn't be complaining about this so much if I wasn't so sure that my principle will literally not care about how much I'm trying to keep myself about being pulled down :T.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: The Stars on 2013 Nov 18, 15:05:08
Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2013 Nov 18, 12:36:27

I feel ya, but it is soooooooo weak compared to failing your work because your teacher neglected to mention some vital pieces of information before testing you *Coughbiologyteachercough*:T.

Spoiler: show
I really just find it especially galling when you find out your advanced curriculum classes are really not even offered for collage credit and that now you just realize that it's a complete chore that stresses you and brings you down with your other classes... I'm not having fun at all in AP Studio Art :U
I'm in the 2D-Design branch and honestly thought I was going to have fun... Boy was that one huge lie I was telling myself; I'm mostly stuck with a teacher who's artistic ideals I don't quite believe in; it's a bit more enforced rather than open-minded. The entire curriculum of this class seems to be mostly artwork that people could half-produce or make a mistake in and people who have no idea what they're talking about try to make something about it...
Being forced to stop drawing with my tablet in order to take up photography to do my art portfolio, Not even by my consent or CHOICE for that matter; Entirely my teacher's decision and not my own... Not to mention I don't even have a proper camera to work with, nor do I have any experience in the photographic field, nor do I intend to make it a focus point anytime  in my life. I may use it to create rather unorthodox  3D drawings, but still, I stand by what I say; Not a main focus.
Oh, and apparently those AP classes only overall count if it's Math and English :T Most collages ask for your unweighted scale, so most of the time taking those Honors and AP/IB classes will have been for naught. Only real benefit is that if the student is willing to take risks, but I think they'll respect you more for realizing your abilities instead of needlessly taking risks you can't handle.

Anyways... Wouldn't be complaining about this so much if I wasn't so sure that my principle will literally not care about how much I'm trying to keep myself about being pulled down :T.

Stars I understand where your comming from because my peice of work though tedious and pointless Is actuly quite the vital peice of work its about health and safty in the workplace and although granted a simple process to compleate, but without compleating it I cant actuly get any passing grade for any work I do over the two years im doing

Luckly for me Im finiding out about this now but imagin if they had not said anything and let me carry on for two years only to say you fail for not handing in somthing they forgot to mention, that said I do question what else there neglecting to mention to me so now not only can I not enjoy the work im compleating I cant even trust the work im compleating

moonlight7starshine

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Nov 17, 15:49:15
the need to twitch, the need to move, the jitters, whatever you call it.  young children have it, lots of teens have it, and unfortunately, it seems that sometimes I feel it.  I keep it all bottled up most of the time, but it's annoying to have to concentrate on doing it like that.

i fell the same sometimes my sollution run around the house
and get yelled at

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

PrincessButton

It needs to stop being over 90 degrees outside.  :l
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

LostSanity

I'll be honest...

The forum slowness that was occurring on here. Just saying.

*runs away really fast*

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

Prepare for an African takeover.

Jenzy

Gosh. I haven't been able to post here in FOREVER! >A<

I've been mostly just... goin' on here, then leave. Going here, leave. I've rather just been lurking a lot than actually posting anything. I would also love to re-open my request thread, but I would be really really slow on it.

Ugh. High School and all the homework we have to do. Especially those Advanced Placement stuff... :/

Midnight Breeze

A lesson in world geography: There is no continent called 'America'. There is North America and South America, collectively referred to as The Americas. The singular America refers SOLELY the the USA; as the word American refers solely to a citizen of said country.

Could the rest of the world kindly strop getting so worked up about such a trivial issue? We do no call ourselves Americans out of elitism like non-Americans so desperately try to claim. We call ourselves Americans because we are the United States of America, not 'The United States that happens to be situated in North America'. It is the name of our country.

But hey, when the whole world is ready to start calling us 'United States of America-ians' I'm game.

Pipkin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Nov 18, 17:56:41
It needs to stop being over 90 degrees outside.  :l

Oh, you mean like this?

I have too many things that annoy me for a single post, so have the most direct one....it's freezing!
(And it feels like under freezing  X3)

Chack

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Nov 19, 08:51:20
A lesson in world geography: There is no continent called 'America'. There is North America and South America, collectively referred to as The Americas. The singular America refers SOLELY the the USA; as the word American refers solely to a citizen of said country.

Could the rest of the world kindly strop getting so worked up about such a trivial issue? We do no call ourselves Americans out of elitism like non-Americans so desperately try to claim. We call ourselves Americans because we are the United States of America, not 'The United States that happens to be situated in North America'. It is the name of our country.

But hey, when the whole world is ready to start calling us 'United States of America-ians' I'm game.

THANK YOU.
Wait for it...

Randam Saiko

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chack

When I want to do pixel art, but I don't have the patience to finish. I don't get it, I have the patience to finish any other piece of art...
Wait for it...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chack on 2013 Nov 19, 12:17:24
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Nov 19, 08:51:20

THANK YOU.

YES!
Though, the piece of land between North America and South America is often referred to as Central America. So, there's north, south, and central.

And it annoys me when non-Americans insist on saying that Canadians are American. What? Okay, so I guess Canadians are subject to the whims of the president of the USA. They aren't? Then I guess they're not American!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

But isn't Canada in North America? o.O

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Little Star

[Not talking to anyone here]
I know I'm totally self centered and everything but you don't have it that bad, pal. Are your parents divorced? Didn't think so. Do you have multiple addicts in your family? Didn't think so either. Do you have to worry about if someone gets ill and not being able to afford a hospital? I DIDN'T THINK SO.

You know I would go on with the things I go through at school and stuff but, unfortunately, this is not family appropriate some of the things that go on towards me. Thank you internet for being the only place where I can put on a mask, be anonymous and just kinda be who I am without being ugly and other things.

Dumb  thing: Bullies, Rumors, drama, just sometimes life in general.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Nov 20, 06:47:46

Canadians are North Americans, but they are not American.

Similarly, look at South Africa. The name of their country is South Africa, its citizens are South Africans. Botswana and Zimbabwe are both in the south of Africa, but their people are not South Africans.

Night Pony

But my country is in Europe but you can still say that I'm European and *my country name here*-ean. Also didn't you guys stated something like that everyone that lives in North, South and Central America are Americans? I can be wrong though...

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Nala Valor

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Nov 20, 07:40:50
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Nov 20, 06:47:46

Canadians are North Americans, but they are not American.

Similarly, look at South Africa. The name of their country is South Africa, its citizens are South Africans. Botswana and Zimbabwe are both in the south of Africa, but their people are not South Africans.
strangely, in French, Americans are just (purely translated to english not exact) united-statien. It sounds way better in French.

Go Up