Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ramisha

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Nov 14, 12:39:25
I don't know why, exactly, but it bugs me when people type "pon3". What's the 3 supposed to be?

I always read it as ponthree...   lol

GoldenTerrabyte

Me too. How else is it supposed to be read?
I'm back

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Nov 14, 12:54:58
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Nov 14, 12:52:03
So, pone?

Yes.
as in "poorly spelled PONY".  Pohwn-Ee.  Pon-E.  pon-3.  pon3.  but then again, the Equestria Girls AD (not the movie) had it as pohwn-three.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Midnight Breeze

I just realized Criss Angel is 45.

I sure hope I age as well as him.

The Wandering Magus

food getting stuck between your teeth...
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Midnight Breeze

I really, really hate free online IQ tests. First of all they are highly inaccurate and always give stupidly inflated scores. There's no way 20 questions with no time limit can give you an accurate result. When I was 16 I took a REAL IQ test in psychology class. Since then I've scored significantly higher on all of the online tests I've taken. For those who believe these inflated results all it serves to do is inflate their ego.

I've always considered it a safe bet to knock 20 off of any publicly stated IQ. If you notice in any forum thread about IQs EVERYONE claims IQs of 120+. Bullspit. Where is the other 89.5 percent of humanity? Can they not find the internet?

Really, all these inaccurate IQ tests serve to do is create snobs who think their fake IQ gives them some intellectual high-ground.

"I'll have you know I have an IQ of 141, so my opinion is obviously a lot more intellectually valid than yours."

-High School Dropout.

Randam Saiko

People who repeatedly rub their biggest and smallest accomplishments in the faces of others. It's fine to talk about it once or twice, but bragging about it every single flippin day is beyond annoying. This is just one of the extremely few things that just forces me to slam my sarcasm lever into brain-cell killing mode. Just please shut up before both of us begin losing brain cells.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Nov 14, 20:58:36

"I'll have you know I have an IQ of 141, so my opinion is obviously a lot more intellectually valid than yours."

-High School Dropout.

Purr~

The Wandering Magus

complaining about things one does not understand.  "the engineers should work faster" "they should fix it faster" "it can't be that hard" WELL IF YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT FASTER, DO IT YOURSELF!

Sea Foam

I really, really hate free online IQ tests. First of all they are highly inaccurate and always give stupidly inflated scores. There's no way 20 questions with no time limit can give you an accurate result. When I was 16 I took a REAL IQ test in psychology class. Since then I've scored significantly higher on all of the online tests I've taken. For those who believe these inflated results all it serves to do is inflate their ego.

I've always considered it a safe bet to knock 20 off of any publicly stated IQ. If you notice in any forum thread about IQs EVERYONE claims IQs of 120+. Bullspit. Where is the other 89.5 percent of humanity? Can they not find the internet?

Really, all these inaccurate IQ tests serve to do is create snobs who think their fake IQ gives them some intellectual high-ground.

-High School Dropout.

If an IQ test doesn't ask for your age, that's the best way to know it's worthless. A person's IQ stays relatively stagnant throughout their lifetime as the test itself doesn't test a person's knowledge, but their capacity for retaining knowledge.

That being said, IQ tests are generally flawed and worthless regardless, even if they are legitimate.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Nov 14, 22:30:36

-High School Dropout.

A Burn Heal? I don't get it...
I'm back

Sea Foam

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Nov 15, 00:49:12
Quote from: Julius on 2013 Nov 14, 22:30:36

-High School Dropout.

A Burn Heal? I don't get it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

The Wandering Magus

when players think they control the game

moonlight7starshine

wierdo hobos that randomly talk about stuff that you don't care and randomly talk to you in general.

oh and most of them have knives im not kidding i almot got stabbed by one. the person wasn't an adult nor a teenager in the  philihpines quite a bit of kids live in the street steelin stuff they also consist in groups. and are mostly boys. i was quite young back then. when that happened.

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Nov 15, 13:38:52 #11497 Last Edit: 2013 Nov 15, 13:41:33 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Nov 14, 12:44:22
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Nov 14, 12:39:25
I don't know why, exactly, but it bugs me when people type "pon3". What's the 3 supposed to be?

I always read it as ponthree...   lol

I know it's supposed to be like "DJ Pony", but I read it as "Ponthree" too. X3
But yeah, people put the 3 there so it'd be stylized like a lot of DJs' stage names are.

I hate the fight over "Her name is NOT DJ Pon3, it's Vinyl Scratch, so stop calling her DJ Pon3!"
:\ Just.. imagine that her name is Vinyl Scratch and that her stage name is DJ Pon3, okay? Besides, the name DJ Pon3 came first, long before Hasbro named her Vinyl Scratch.

Plus, like Magus said in an earlier post, the original Equestria Girls commercial (not about the movie, about the show) called her DJ Pon3, saying "DJ Ponthree".
Spoiler: The video, from The Hub's Youtube account • show

Spoiler: show

-High School Dropout.

When I took an IQ test in Psychology class in high school, I took the official Mensa one. I can't completely remember what my score was, but it was between average and genius. So I'm just above average, apparently. *Shrug*

I also hate those stupid free internet IQ tests, though. Some of them ask questions about sports, which I know nothing about. :l As if not knowing stuff about sports means you have a low IQ.

Also, the misconception that having a high IQ automatically means you're smart. It doesn't. It just means you have a higher capability of more easily becoming smart. It measures your ability to learn and recall info.

Quote from: moonlight7starshine on 2013 Nov 15, 11:25:39
wierdo hobos that randomly talk about stuff that you don't care and randomly talk to you in general.

That reminds me...
The misconception that hobos are homeless because they're crazy or addicted to bad things, when in reality, it turns out that they're addicted and/or crazy because they're homeless. Living on the streets, having to find ways to get food and keep from getting sick, but also having way too much free time to where the boredom can drive them crazy and lead them to desperately look for something to occupy their time, such as... well... using certain things that're bad for them.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Nov 15, 13:38:52
Also, the misconception that having a high IQ automatically means you're smart. It doesn't. It just means you have a higher capability of more easily becoming smart. It measures your ability to learn and recall info.

True. You might have high IQ BUT do you take advantage of it?  People are always just like "hey I'm gonna go to that school because it's the easiest" ...well okay then, if you wanna be unsuccessful in your life... You're supposed to study hard and WORK so you can enjoy life later.
Oh, another thing that annoys me....
how the most popular girls in my class are total cold hearted slithery snakes. They're evil.

The Wandering Magus

it's nice weather outside, but the professor turns the air con on until it's freezing in the classroom

Go Up