Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Vertigo

People burping in my face on purpose just to be mean and then threatening me and them there raceist.

The Wandering Magus

racism, sexism, any sort of generalized bias
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Book Smarts

ComputerDeathglare

I am mad at [username removed so I do not get in trouble]
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

ChilledEagle

The fact that there's no snow here in Florida annoys me greatly.

Teal Turken

Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Nov 07, 18:22:27

I live in Florida too, I've never seen snow. :'(

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 07, 10:38:25
when you lose points for something silly, like not boxing answers

Teacher's too lazy to look at the whole thing for the answer and wants to snap right to the answer, mark it right or wrong, then move on. Which means they probably won't check your work, just the fact that there are a bunch of numbers written showing you did work. That helps during those moments where I'm like "I-I can't figure.... Forget it." and do something else to get an estimate answer. ovO

On-topic:
>See my friend liked yet another "Like this if" picture
>Picture has lolrific grammar
>Share it, making fun of the grammar, but also telling "Like this if" pages to shut up
>Friends like my share, including the friend who liked the picture in the first place
Not sure if liking because picture says "Like if" or because they disapprove of "Like if" pages. :/

"Like this if" pages have started activating my smartflank mode, by the way.

Also, Teal, I tend to try to laugh at myself so I don't get angry. After all, I kind of have anger problems. If you laugh at yourself during a video game, it makes it more fun and less frustrating. :3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

when you lose points for sig figs
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

lurk852

How every teacher/TA/etc who grades papers seems to have different ideas about what correct style is. Apparently my current TA hates semicolons, which I love  D: aforementioned TA also liked that essay enough to publicly say how great it was, which kind of makes up for it
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

The Wandering Magus

parents that look over your shoulder.

Chishio Kunrin

Tobuscus is in Las Vegas, staying in a super classy hotel room for one day, and he got to race against Deadmau5 in a Lamborghini.
I'm not
making
this
up.

Needless to say, I'm jealous. :l
Spoiler: Hotel vlog • show

Spoiler: Race vlog • show

It's all for a video shoot. Part of Tobuscus's acting career.

lurk852

Dumb things that annoy me?

Quote from: Soulja Boy
Spoiler: show
YOOOOOUUUUUUUU

(not directed at anyone in particular)
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 08, 02:23:16 #5712 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 03:00:06 by Chishio Kunrin
When people just plain DON'T PAY ATTENTION! I end up wanting to scream "HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT?!!!! Are you blind?! Were you not looking at the screen when you watched this?! It was right there in plain view!"

Seriously. Episode of TobyGames Minecraft, he put his 4 diamonds in a chest between 7:14 and 7:19, and then he died a short while afterward. Some of his stuff fell in water, and people in the comments raged.

"Toby you left your diamonds in the water"
"Toby you forgot your diamonds"
"You better get your diamonds out of the water next episode"
"I can't believe you lost your diamonds you idiot"

THEY'RE IN THE CHEST!!!! >:O How did these people not frigging notice?!!

[Edit]: Also, Youtube's being stupid. Not just for me, but for some other people too. My computer's running fine until I watch some Youtube videos. It's kind of annoying. I wish Google hadn't taken over Youtube.
      Remembering when Chrome had some kind of issue with Youtube, I'm starting to wonder if I should try using Firefox instead. But for now, it's behaving itself-- Of course, right when I typed that, my video skipped a little bit and is now running smoothly again.

Rissian

2012 Nov 08, 04:22:24 #5713 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 04:51:41 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 02:23:16
[Edit]: Also, Youtube's being stupid. Not just for me, but for some other people too. My computer's running fine until I watch some Youtube videos. It's kind of annoying. I wish Google hadn't taken over Youtube.
      Remembering when Chrome had some kind of issue with Youtube, I'm starting to wonder if I should try using Firefox instead. But for now, it's behaving itself-- Of course, right when I typed that, my video skipped a little bit and is now running smoothly again.

I have noticed that Mozilla seems to run Youtube better then Opera depending on the situation as sometimes Opera glitches out I haven't used Chrome enough to tell how well it runs. But I do know that having too many tabs open can sometimes lag the browser especially if images or flash/video is involved I think the more tabs you have open the more RAM is used.

Mr.Darkling

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 08, 04:22:24

I have noticed that Mozilla seems to run Youtube better then Opera depending on the situation as sometimes Opera glitches out I haven't used Chrome enough to tell how well it runs. But I do know that having too many tabs open can sometimes lag the browser especially if images or flash/video is involved I think the more tabs you have open the more RAM is used.

My Opera has been a bit silly lately too.
I have to retype a url twice before it actually bothers to load it.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Nov 07, 18:24:11
Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Nov 07, 18:22:27

I live in Florida too, I've never seen snow. :'(

just so you know once your older than 13 SNOW BECOMES THE BANE OF ALL GOOD THAT IS ALL EVIL :U

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 08, 14:23:38 #5716 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 15:12:51 by Chishio Kunrin

I was typing my post on my netbook while watching the video on my desktop. ovO

The only thing keeping me from watching Youtube vids on Firefox is that I can't figure out how to get it to re-synch my bookmarks. I've updated my bookmarks since I got Firefox. I tend to bookmark the last episode I watched of a series, so I can immediately go right back to it and check for the next episode, as I watch them on playlists.

[Edit]: The army's still trying to recruit me. :P They left brochures in my mail today and called our phone a while ago because I hadn't answered the door when they rang the doorbell.
      We've already told the Army, Marines, and Navy that I can't join the military. I'm honored that they want me, though. It's all because I took the ASVAB test in 12th grade and did really well on it. I didn't really have a choice unless I wanted a 0 for a test grade in Government class.

Rissian

2012 Nov 08, 15:52:59 #5717 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 15:55:32 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 14:23:38

I was typing my post on my netbook while watching the video on my desktop. ovO

The only thing keeping me from watching Youtube vids on Firefox is that I can't figure out how to get it to re-synch my bookmarks. I've updated my bookmarks since I got Firefox. I tend to bookmark the last episode I watched of a series, so I can immediately go right back to it and check for the next episode, as I watch them on playlists.

[Edit]: The army's still trying to recruit me. :P They left brochures in my mail today and called our phone a while ago because I hadn't answered the door when they rang the doorbell.
      We've already told the Army, Marines, and Navy that I can't join the military. I'm honored that they want me, though. It's all because I took the ASVAB test in 12th grade and did really well on it. I didn't really have a choice unless I wanted a 0 for a test grade in Government class.

You could copy the urls you wanted to keep and paste them into firefox then bookmark them it's slow but you can backup most recent episode bookmarks you wanted to see.

After I turned 18 and had to sign up for the draft they started sending me Marine ads and even a disc with an FPS game on it.

I don't really have an interest in joining the military only because I'd rather be a working citizen. I have two friends that joined the military and one of them injured her hip permanently from the gear they made her carry everywhere, even though she only handled office stuff mainly. My other friend was into networking and he has to take physical training everyday because they position even networkers in dangerous bases.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 08, 15:52:59
After I turned 18 and had to sign up for the draft they started sending me Marine ads and even a disc with an FPS game on it.

I don't really have an interest in joining the military only because I'd rather be a working citizen. I have two friends that joined the military and one of them injured her hip permanently from the gear they made her carry everywhere, even though she only handled office stuff mainly. My other friend was into networking and he has to take physical training everyday because they position even networkers in dangerous bases.

My friend ended up with plans to join the Marines. He even met up with the recruiter who came to our school a lot, and he got a physical done, and they tested his physical fitness.

Though, I understand his reasoning. He aspires to be a cop, and there are two routes to take for that.
1. College. He's not good with book smarts at all. He even had a hard time with the math part of the ASVAB, since we weren't allowed to use a calculator and had to work out the problems ourselves on a sheet of paper.
2. Military. He can serve in the military for a certain number of years. He likes that route better, and he wants to get to serve on the front lines anyway.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 16:07:16
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 08, 15:52:59

My friend ended up with plans to join the Marines. He even met up with the recruiter who came to our school a lot, and he got a physical done, and they tested his physical fitness.

Though, I understand his reasoning. He aspires to be a cop, and there are two routes to take for that.
1. College. He's not good with book smarts at all. He even had a hard time with the math part of the ASVAB, since we weren't allowed to use a calculator and had to work out the problems ourselves on a sheet of paper.
2. Military. He can serve in the military for a certain number of years. He likes that route better, and he wants to get to serve on the front lines anyway.

My friend that was in networking sadly had to join because he couldn't find a job, his uncle was also in the military like mine though so that could have inspired it as well, when I think about it though I don't think he actually tried to look for a job so I think he just wanted to use that as an excuse to join with the bad things that happened in his life though that could have also attributed to it.

The thing about the military is once you join they basically own you, and you have to do what they say when they say. My uncle was sent overseas a few times I think and they can only send you overseas for 4 years or something as far as I know and they tried to send him overseas again saying he hadn't gone the full time but he kept track of his papers to make sure they didn't try to pull anything like that on him and they failed at it because he kept his papers in check.

Go Up