Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LaptopCommandStation

2012 Nov 04, 01:55:54 #5600 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 04, 01:13:36 by LaptopCommandStation
How old is old, exactly?

I don't consider myself old(Under 25)....and there aren't many ponies on here older than me(except a few of the game developers)

Edit-Awww, I missed the time change!!  And i'm SITTING HERE!!!
Annoyed :P

and lol at the "Posted at 1:55am today, Edited at 1:13am today"

Rissian

2012 Nov 04, 01:23:37 #5601 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 04, 01:26:22 by Trege
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 01:28:23
Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Nov 04, 01:20:59
People's depiction of brony stereotypes annoy me.  It also annoys me when people believe that all bronies act the same way. 

On another note, i'm trying to draw(*le gasp*), and I can't find my tracing marker!!  >:O
Ironically this picture was inspired by a certain pony's recent fanfic

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 01:14:30
I'm just so upset. :c I shouldn't even be on here, but I can't leave you guys.

I'm horribly confused by this situation/what happened etcJust like the LAST TIME this happened when I first came onto these forums
But I think I pieced it together.Maybe?
It's a shame that your mom thinks bronies at cons act the same way there as bronies do anywhere else(especially here!).  These forums would be an excellent example of how bronies REALLY act in public.

I tried showing her! She thinks all bronies are old guys! D:

I'm only 20 I turned 20 in may.

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 04, 01:23:37
I'm only 20 I turned 20 in may.

I'm 23 in 3 months, and (don't quote me on this) if i'm not mistaken I think there are only 1 or 2 people on these forums(non-devs) who are older than me.  No pony is over 27.

Again, i'm talking about forum users, not the dev team :)

Chishio Kunrin

I'm actually pretty http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.ed right now. I usually censor myself on Facebook, but in my status update, I didn't even bother.

Tobuscus posted up a vlog, an actually serious one, explaining what happened with him and Olga months ago, why they broke up, the fact that they're both too busy for a relationship, etc. Next thing I know, he's being spammed with "OMG GO OUT WITH MIRANDA TOMLINSON HERE'S HER TWITTER SHE LOVES YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH NOTICE HER PLZ"

That http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.es me off for a number of reasons.
1. He said he's too busy for a relationship. I don't think he wants a freaking relationship right now.
2. Who in the hay is Miranda anyway? Does he know her personally? I don't think he does. Why would he go out with someone he doesn't even really know? For all he knows, she could be a crazy possessive stalker chick because she loves him so so so so so so so so much.
3. How does she even know she loves him? Guessing from what's going on, I'd say she's a fan. Just. a fan. Unless she has actually known him, personally, for months, a year, multiple years... she does not love him, she's just a huge fan.

I find it hugely annoying and disrespectful for so many of them to be doing this. They're harassing him. I don't care how much she supposedly loves him. If they're harassing him, he's just gonna start ignoring everything that mentions her, or it will drive him insane or stress him out.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LaptopCommandStation

I just shake my head at people like that.  I won't waste the energy complaining about people like that  :D

I'm too tired to finish my (badly done, as usual) picture, but i'm not tired enough to go to bed.  Now i'm at that time where there is absolutely no one online and I need to find a way to entertain myself.....

CURSE IT NOT BEING NOVEMBER 10TH!!!

Tiger

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Nov 04, 02:12:11
I just shake my head at people like that.  I won't waste the energy complaining about people like that  :D

I'm too tired to finish my (badly done, as usual) picture, but i'm not tired enough to go to bed.  Now i'm at that time where there is absolutely no one online and I need to find a way to entertain myself.....

Rewatch some MLP episodes! I suggest lesson zero.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Well, there's the added fact that Toby already has other stress to go through.
Spoiler: show
- He has 3 Youtube channels to upload to. TobyTurner has a daily vlog, Tobuscus is updated at least weekly, TobyGames has multiple videos per day.
- Two of those channels have videos that he has to edit: TobyGames (now that he has facecam) and Tobuscus (Cute Win Fail, various skits and such like the iPad Mini parody, literal trailers, etc.)
- The literal trailers are probably the most time-consuming and involve the most work. He has to watch the trailer, probably repeatedly, get a feeling for the tune, try to come up with funny lyrics to the tune and proper timing, sing it in pieces (as he provides all vocals, sometimes layered), edit the song pieces together, line it up right so it's timed well with the video itself, and add the lyrics subtitles.
- Not only that, he's an actor. He has a job outside of Youtube. He tends to get hired to act in ads, and he sometimes even goes out and auditions for parts. He's in Cartoon Network's The Annoying Orange, for crying out loud, and if they record another season, he has to be there at a specific time on specific days, know his lines, and act for the camera.
- Sometimes, he's just gonna want some freakin' him time, or time to hang out with his friends. I don't blame him for drinking certain things at some of those parties.
- Sometimes, he collabs with his friends, who're also popular Youtubers, so that means more recording and acting.
- Sometimes, he travels... for business.

He really doesn't need to be harassed by the fans that supposedly care about him. If you really, really break it down and look at what he does, like I just did, then it's obvious, he really is way too busy.

So, it kind of saddens me, the way they're harassing him like that. I wonder how many of them are actually fans of him. I can't help but think about how he probably feels, when situations like this come up.

I've calmed down now, though. X3

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 04, 02:42:06

[spoiler]- He has 3 Youtube channels to upload to. TobyTurner has a daily vlog, Tobuscus is updated at least weekly, TobyGames has multiple videos per day.
- Two of those channels have videos that he has to edit: TobyGames (now that he has facecam) and Tobuscus (Cute Win Fail, various skits and such like the iPad Mini parody, literal trailers, etc.)
- The literal trailers are probably the most time-consuming and involve the most work. He has to watch the trailer, probably repeatedly, get a feeling for the tune, try to come up with funny lyrics to the tune and proper timing, sing it in pieces (as he provides all vocals, sometimes layered), edit the song pieces together, line it up right so it's timed well with the video itself, and add the lyrics subtitles.
- Not only that, he's an actor. He has a job outside of Youtube. He tends to get hired to act in ads, and he sometimes even goes out and auditions for parts. He's in Cartoon Network's The Annoying Orange, for crying out loud, and if they record another season, he has to be there at a specific time on specific days, know his lines, and act for the camera.
- Sometimes, he's just gonna want some freakin' him time, or time to hang out with his friends. I don't blame him for drinking certain things at some of those parties.
- Sometimes, he collabs with his friends, who're also popular Youtubers, so that means more recording and acting.

He really doesn't need to be harassed by the fans that supposedly care about him. If you really, really break it down and look at what he does, like I just did, then it's obvious, he really is way too busy.

So, it kind of saddens me, the way they're harassing him like that. I wonder how many of them are actually fans of him. I can't help but think about how he probably feels, when situations like this come up.

I've calmed down now, though. X3[/spoiler]

I don't think the fans should be telling him to date someone anyways, he should date who he wants to date when he has the time not who the fans want him to.

When coyotes are in the field in front of our house, I went outside on the front deck because I heard dog noises and was worried Wolfie ran over there and started fighting one of them or something. Turns out it was just coyotes that sounded like him since he was sleeping under the deck. I have to say one of them howled though and sounded more like a wolf although it was pretty high pitch so maybe it was just a coyote.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 04, 03:07:05

[spoiler]- He has 3 Youtube channels to upload to. TobyTurner has a daily vlog, Tobuscus is updated at least weekly, TobyGames has multiple videos per day.

I don't think the fans should be telling him to date someone anyways, he should date who he wants to date when he has the time not who the fans want him to.

When coyotes are in the field in front of our house, I went outside on the front deck because I heard dog noises and was worried Wolfie ran over there and started fighting one of them or something. Turns out it was just coyotes that sounded like him since he was sleeping under the deck. I have to say one of them howled though and sounded more like a wolf although it was pretty high pitch so maybe it was just a coyote.

Exactly.

Coyotes have gotten a little too used to human society.

On-Topic: When someone acts almost as if being single = a death sentence.
Some people are perfectly fine being single for months or even years at a time. Chill, bro. I'm not gonna die from being single.

Not everyone is suited for marriage or even having and raising children, yet society has this mindset that everyone should be doing both. :l I, for one, am fairly sure that I'm one of those people who isn't actually very suited for having and raising even one child.

But nooo, "I want grandchildren" "You should have kids" "What're you gonna name your kids when you have 'em?" I don't want any. :\ Though, I do have three boy names in mind and one girl name: Vincent, Damien, Felix, and Roselyn. Four names I just happen to love.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 04, 03:16:54
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 04, 03:07:05

Exactly.

Coyotes have gotten a little too used to human society.

On-Topic: When someone acts almost as if being single = a death sentence.
Some people are perfectly fine being single for months or even years at a time. Chill, bro. I'm not gonna die from being single.

Not everyone is suited for marriage or even having and raising children, yet society has this mindset that everyone should be doing both. :l I, for one, am fairly sure that I'm one of those people who isn't actually very suited for having and raising even one child.

But nooo, "I want grandchildren" "You should have kids" "What're you gonna name your kids when you have 'em?" I don't want any. :\ Though, I do have three boy names in mind and one girl name: Vincent, Damien, Felix, and Roselyn. Four names I just happen to love.

I guess it sort of depends if you want to be someone who's alone or not, your parents won't be there forever. I don't think I'd want to end up by myself. It may not be a death sentence but if you actually find someone you care about, it's way better than being alone. Especially if it's someone who has the same interests.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 04, 03:43:42
I guess it sort of depends if you want to be someone who's alone or not, your parents won't be there forever. I don't think I'd want to end up by myself. It may not be a death sentence but if you actually find someone you care about, it's way better than being alone. Especially if it's someone who has the same interests.

I mean, like, when you're in middle school and high school, not when you're a grown adult living on your own.
"OMG you're single?! That's so bad! I could hook you up with someone." "Ugh, I need a boyfriend."

But even then, when you're an adult, a relationship isn't really something to rush into for the express purpose of being in a relationship. It's something you work your way into. You can't rush in, you can't jump in, and it's really unwise to just go for it with someone you hardly know. It works better if you just kinda find it, rather than searching intently for it.

Rissian

2012 Nov 04, 03:59:49 #5611 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 04, 05:06:29 by Trege
Rushing into any relationship often leads to problems I learned that from watching my relatives, my oldest sister actually had a problem of rushing into relationships instead of getting to know the person for a few years it was like just a few months for her. Which only lead me to go.  :l at her actions, she's been through 2 divorces.

But like you said it's not something you actively look for or jump into, it just sort of happens my choice of words was off as I didn't mean actively searching. x3

Edit :
When you forget to set the forum to always logged in and have to re-login just to set it, so it remembers you next time.  ovO

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Nov 03, 23:44:01
Those bronies who ruin it for the younger viewers! >:O Now I have to leave the site, but I promise I'll come back! :'(

W-w-w-w-w-w-w-wh-wh-whaaaa...
N-n-n-n-no...
P-please...

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 04, 05:45:18
Those bronies who ruin it for the younger viewers! >:O Now I have to leave the site, but I promise I'll come back! :'(

N-n-n-n-no...
P-please...

CONFUSION!!!

Book Smarts

Cleaning the coffee maker , I don't like to clean it, but I know if I don't do it, I won't have delicious coffee to wake me up in the morning  >:/

LaptopCommandStation

When I wake up in the morning with a headache so bad I can't make coffee
I get headaches in the morning because I don't have coffee

Dis is why I hatez teh morningz  ovO

PrincessButton

Stitchin Time's unexplained departure. ono
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Zaner-Boy

When I really need to talk, but there's nobody I can talk to.

ComputerDeathglare

N-n-n-n-no...
P-please...

*Hugs* I'm here, Zyggy.

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Nov 04, 12:17:40

Mom got http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.ed at bronies because of the choking at EFNW and something happened at EQLA. She thinks all bronies are like that, and I can't be on here.  >.< I made a new account, though.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Little Judas

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 12:31:37

N-n-n-n-no...
P-please...

*Hugs* I'm here, Zyggy.

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Nov 04, 12:17:40

Mom got http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.ed at bronies because of the choking at EFNW and something happened at EQLA. She thinks all bronies are like that, and I can't be on here.  >.< I made a new account, though.

Wait, if you are... and she is... than that means... the sun is hot, oh and also welcome back.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Go Up