Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 02, 22:45:15
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 02, 22:16:11
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 02, 22:01:23
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 02, 21:21:52
when awesome tech just sits around with nopony trying to find a decent way to integrate it into products

What's on your mind, specifically?
oh, you know, OLED's, plasma holography, jetpacks, flexible displays, humanoid androids, near-turing-capable AI, memory metals, energy weapons, plasma force fields, railguns, nuclear propulsion, centripetal space stations, wireless electricity...

Yeah, if there's one thing the world needs, it's more weapons.  :P But seriously, yeah, a lot of those could be pretty nice... centripetal space stations in particular. I doubt there would be much use for them now, unfortunately, since the one space station we do have is used largely for zero-gravity research, IIRC.  :c Fancier AI is always cool too. I'm pretty sure OLEDs are already in use though. Doesn't the PS Vita have them in its screen?
I heard it was sort of faulty, but yes.  But it certainly isn't anything like what they've demonstrated over and over at technology conventions for the last ten years.    What sort of annoys me is that we have all this tech from R&D at our disposal, and companies still haven't gotten most of them to market, besides in Japan (lucky mules...).  They've got cellphone wallets/tickets, maglev monorails, maid androids, power armor nurses, holographic concerts, flexible displays...

why don't WE (rest of the world) get more cool stuff?! D:
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 02, 22:48:23
I have way too many game ideas I need to code.
I CANNOT CODE.
AAAAAAAAA

This.. I can come up with game ideas no problem. When it comes to actually making the game though, I can't do any of it.

Chishio Kunrin

When I accidentally stay up for over 24 hours (yes, accidentally, it's the truth X3), so I end up going to bed in the middle of Friday and waking up Saturday morning.

Also, that I'm not a member of the Yogscast. That'd be so awesome. :3 So so so awesome. I'd need a better computer setup and a way to record video and myself talking and whatnot, but still. I keep finding myself daydreaming about being a member.
Current daydream: Playing in a match of The Walls with the teams being me and Rythian, Simon and Lewis, Martyn and Toby, and Sips and Sjin.
I have also had two dreams about hanging out with Sips and Sjin.

Aaand last night, I had a dream about hanging out with PewDiePie, and at the end, he had to leave. He seemed kinda sad about leaving, and then he just faded away.
I'm kind of annoyed that I can't meet PewDie either. Or Tobuscus, for that matter.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 10:15:12
When I accidentally stay up for over 24 hours (yes, accidentally, it's the truth X3), so I end up going to bed in the middle of Friday and waking up Saturday morning.

Also, that I'm not a member of the Yogscast. That'd be so awesome. :3 So so so awesome. I'd need a better computer setup and a way to record video and myself talking and whatnot, but still. I keep finding myself daydreaming about being a member.
Current daydream: Playing in a match of The Walls with the teams being me and Rythian, Simon and Lewis, Martyn and Toby, and Sips and Sjin.
I have also had two dreams about hanging out with Sips and Sjin.

Aaand last night, I had a dream about hanging out with PewDiePie, and at the end, he had to leave. He seemed kinda sad about leaving, and then he just faded away.
I'm kind of annoyed that I can't meet PewDie either. Or Tobuscus, for that matter.

This. Also, I wanna watch Yogscast, dunno why I'm not. lol On the topic of dreams, I had a dream I was chilling with WoodenToaster, The Living Tombstone, and Mic the Microphone (brony musicians, in case you don't know)

Vertigo,

LaptopCommandStation

When I feel crummy after work I take a nap.
I hate it when I wake up feeling....crummier? ovO

Lord of Madness

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Nov 03, 19:26:53
When I feel crummy after work I take a nap.
I hate it when I wake up feeling....crummier? ovO

I often wonder how  that is possable

lurk852

Spending 45 minutes on a homework problem (given the maximum difficulty rating by the book) with no progress.  >:O
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Stitchin Time

Those bronies who ruin it for the younger viewers! >:O Now I have to leave the site, but I promise I'll come back! :'(

Rissian

2012 Nov 04, 00:10:45 #5589 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 04, 00:20:30 by Trege
Did what I think it did happen? Your mom searching up bronies online or something?  :c

I guess people who see the dark side of the fandom and assume we are all like that annoy me, or if they think we are weird because of the age range that likes the show.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 04, 00:10:45
Did what I think it did happen? Your mom searching up bronies online or something?  :c

I guess parents who see the dark side of the fandom and assume we are all like that annoy me, or if they think we are weird because of the age range that likes the show.

Kinda... she read about some things at cons that they had to call security to deal with. D:
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

I guess people who see the dark side of the fandom and assume we are all like that annoy me, or if they think we are weird because of the age range that likes the show.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying when people assume that an entire fandom is a certain way. It's almost like assuming an entire race is a certain way or that all humans are a certain way. What I'm trying to say is, humans differ from each other. We vary. And as such, when we are in a community or fanbase, that community or fanbase varies and has different types. We are not all the same.

lurk852

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 00:20:13

I guess parents who see the dark side of the fandom and assume we are all like that annoy me, or if they think we are weird because of the age range that likes the show.

Kinda... she read about some things at cons that they had to call security to deal with. D:

Hm. If I were you, I'd be really tempted to find something she considered work-safe and wholesome, and then spend five seconds on the internet finding a creepy perversion of it, therefore making her objection look silly. If only that would actually work  >:/

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 04, 00:37:50
humans differ from each other. We vary.

I don't vary or differ from each other. I feel stereotyped.  :o
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 04, 01:00:38
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 00:20:13

Hm. If I were you, I'd be really tempted to find something she considered work-safe and wholesome, and then spend five seconds on the internet finding a creepy perversion of it, therefore making her objection look silly. If only that would actually work  >:/

People who don't spend so much time on the internet seem not to understand that a certain NSFW part of the community isn't a brony thing, but an internet thing overall. There's a reason it's a rule of the internet, after all. It's a common thing. Anything, anywhere, any time. Nothing is safe.

ComputerDeathglare

I'm just so upset. :c I shouldn't even be on here, but I can't leave you guys.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

LaptopCommandStation

People's depiction of brony stereotypes annoy me.  It also annoys me when people believe that all bronies act the same way. 

On another note, i'm trying to draw(*le gasp*), and I can't find my tracing marker!!  >:O
Ironically this picture was inspired by a certain pony's recent fanfic

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 01:14:30

I'm horribly confused by this situation/what happened etcJust like the LAST TIME this happened when I first came onto these forums
But I think I pieced it together.Maybe?
It's a shame that your mom thinks bronies at cons act the same way there as bronies do anywhere else(especially here!).  These forums would be an excellent example of how bronies REALLY act in public.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Nov 04, 01:20:59
People's depiction of brony stereotypes annoy me.  It also annoys me when people believe that all bronies act the same way. 

On another note, i'm trying to draw(*le gasp*), and I can't find my tracing marker!!  >:O

I'm horribly confused by this situation/what happened etcJust like the LAST TIME this happened when I first came onto these forums
It's a shame that your mom thinks bronies at cons act the same way there as bronies do anywhere else(especially here!).  These forums would be an excellent example of how bronies REALLY act in public.

I tried showing her! She thinks all bronies are old guys! D:
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Rissian

2012 Nov 04, 01:30:43 #5597 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 04, 01:37:42 by Trege

Have you tried showing her the forums and how we act, or at least asking her to look at them so she can tell the difference between what happened at the con and what happens on here? You could even let her watch you browse the forums.

You should still listen to your parents though as they take care of you and provide you with food.

Tiger

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 01:28:23

Then tell her that I'm a 12-year-old girl and I'm a brony!

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2012 Nov 04, 01:28:23

I'm a 19-year-old girl. o.O

Go Up