Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

This, this right here:
Spoiler: show

"This phenomenon only occurs once every 823 years."

I just wanna tell you guys that it's completely false. It seems like almost every single year, someone makes some image going "Omg, this year, this month will have five Fridays, five Saturdays, and five Sundays! Count yourself lucky to see this phenomenon as it only happens every several hundred years!!" So, I took a look at last year's calendar... March 2013 also has five Fridays, five Saturdays, and five Sundays. It happens once a year. It's nothing special. Stop falling for these stupid things!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

Once again, another Open Server Weekend and they can't get the servers to work properly.

You would think they would learn their lesson...

Will they ever learn?

I wish I knew the answer to that...

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Little Star

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Aug 08, 18:40:40
Once again, another Open Server Weekend and they can't get the servers to work properly.

You would think they would learn their lesson...

Will they ever learn?

I wish I knew the answer to that...

:l

Who is they...? The team of LoE? It's not their faults ._.
They're people too, ya know...

And it is kind of annoying how all the servers are always full but that's just because everyone is so excited to play!
I'm just gonna have to get up at 5AM and play when no one is awake. C:

Chromastone64

I got on, I just couldn't see anything. Why does this always happen to me...?  ono
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Randam Saiko

2014 Aug 09, 13:07:36 #13724 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 09, 13:09:23 by Chishio Kunrin
Hi there! I am ok (and somewhat like it) with you using nicknames for me such as, "Pander, Princes Saiko, GLaDOS, Stalker, Sass Master, or Tapir," but keep in mind, I am not...

...your violent friend.
...your brony friend.
...your cult friend.
...your walking wikipedia friend.
...your anime friend.
...your gamer friend.

Call me by my name or a nickname, not by a title or classification. I am not a trophy wife that you can just go, "Oh hey, you mess with me, you mess with Saiko too. He can kill you easily." You blind jerk, I'm not your bodyguard nor am I going to help you. It's not my fault that you've got a big mouth and foul tongue.

Note from mod: Language.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chromastone64

WARNING: RANT
Spoiler: show
WARNING: Pseudo-Rant incoming
WOW.
My brother has just shown me that there was a user on World Of Warcraft who was banned from the forums because he said his videos are more important than someone's personal safety, and that there was no sign of it being a joke considering his reputation. In short, he thinks because he and his guild are popular, that makes their videos more important than someone's life. Despite this, some people are asking for him to be unbanned. My brother, along with MANY others, spoke out against them.
Do you know what he and his guild did next?
They made a Youtube video which had been edited to show the character's of the guild's "enemies" (AKA people who say he was rightfully banned) being attacked. INCLUDING MY BROTHER'S CHARACTER.
This isn't the first time they've done this, though. They're notorious for doing this kind of thing to anyone who dislikes them or their "sense of humor".
The video is called Unbann Growthdoro. Me and my bro have already reported it for openly insulting the users.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Julius

I'll be buying my first cards of Magic: The Gathering in real life pretty soon, right after I move to New York. I'm getting all excited and looking for cards to build my deck with and stuff, but some cards are SO EXPENSIVE! DD:
Purr~

DawnsEmbrace

Apparently, I'm a little too nice to people.
<br />

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Aug 09, 19:18:00
Apparently, I'm a little too nice to people.

How so?

When LoE crashes in the middle of killing a dragon  :l
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

I can't believe my stupid nephew bought an Alienware computer...

He could have just asked me. I'd could have built him the exact same computer for literally hundreds of dollars less.

Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 09, 19:34:59

He could have just asked me. I'd could have built him the exact same computer for literally hundreds of dollars less.

At least he now has a computer that lights up with pretty colors while playing some games... :P
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 09, 19:34:59

When a company slaps on a few more hundred dollars just because the company's name is on the label. :l

It's like Beats By Dre. Most of what you're paying for is Dre's name. I can guarantee you that someone else could make the exact same headphones (minus the Dre logo) - same quality, same look, same material - and it could cost less. However, unfortunately, people would still buy Beats By Dre because "It's by Dre! O:"

If I'm gonna drop a ton of money on a pair of headphones, they better have amazing audio quality, be incredibly durable, and last me for more than 5 years. If I'm spending, say, $100 on them, they better last me something like 10 years.
But they're not going to.
Because they're headphones.
And headphones. love. to die.

Midnight Breeze

2014 Aug 09, 20:22:45 #13732 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 09, 20:25:16 by Midnight Breeze
People who call the electric bill the "light bill".

Just call it what it is! It's 2 more syllables, for God's sake!

Lights are actually a pretty small part of electricity consumption. Appliances and air conditioning are what really eats power. It would be just as correct to call the electric bill the "microwave bill" or the "air conditioning bill". That is to say, not correct at all.

Little Star

Missing people.
It's so dumb and it hurts so bad.

It's like.. There's the wave of depression that washes over you and brings you close to tears when you realize how much you miss someone..

:c

Itty Bit

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Aug 09, 22:38:38
Missing people.

It's like.. There's the wave of depression that washes over you and brings you close to tears when you realize how much you miss someone..

I know that feeling...
But I try to always remember how much fun we all had, and how much better things are gonna be the next time we meet, and it helps me feel a little better ^-^

MrEmu

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Aug 09, 22:38:38
Missing people.

Ugh, I know...I feel like such a derp though...but I know how great my friends I miss are...so I guess I'm NOT a derp to miss them! :P

Julius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 09, 20:07:26If I'm spending, say, $100 on them, they better last me something like 10 years.

Well... Perhaps ten years is exaggerated for any pair of headphones... But I can recommend you some Audio Technicas if you want great quality for a not so expensive price. 0:)

Mine cost 299$ and I've had them for a couple of years now!
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Aug 09, 23:20:49
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 09, 20:07:26If I'm spending, say, $100 on them, they better last me something like 10 years.

Well... Perhaps ten years is exaggerated for any pair of headphones... But I can recommend you some Audio Technicas if you want great quality for a not so expensive price. 0:)

Mine cost 299$ and I've had them for a couple of years now!

I've bought headphones before that were about $20-$30 and lasted me about 3 or 4 years.
So, pretty much, if I'm gonna spend more than that, the headphones I get better last longer than that.

No one here is doing this, but...
When someone is simply sad but they say they're depressed. No, you're not depressed. Your sadness is only classified as depression if it lasts for an extended period of time, especially if it lasts for months. If you've never been sad for an entire month or more with no breaks from the sadness, you've never felt depressed. I think shifting between sadness and apathy counts, but I'm not sure.

Midnight Breeze

Why is it I can get an entire bunch of bananas imported from Costa Rica for $1.22, yet apples grown right here in America cost a buck a piece?

I was unaware 'golden delicious' meant it contained actual gold...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 09, 23:55:10
Why is it I can get an entire bunch of bananas imported from Costa Rica for $1.22, yet apples grown right here in America cost a buck a piece?

I was unaware 'golden delicious' meant it contained actual gold...

See, what people who get all "Buy local, don't import!" don't understand, when it comes to fruit, is that some climates are not good for growing certain kinds of fruit. If you grow bananas in a region that has the right climate for them (say, Costa Rica, I guess?), growing them goes smoothly and is less costly, especially since they can yield a larger harvest. Maybe the apples you're trying to buy were grown in a climate that isn't very friendly to them.

The only problem I have with importing bananas has been mostly resolved by most companies gassing the bananas before they get unloaded here. It doesn't do anything to the bananas, but it sure kills those terrifying venomous spiders!

Go Up