Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

I really didn't choose to pick an AP Class. It was a requirement. We're currently taking APUSH and AP Lang.

I'm not sure why a lot are saying APUSH is easy. In a way, it's just a whole lot of memorization, though the DBQs and FRQs absolutely drive me crazy! (I'm finally finished with APUSH notes for a while. Gotta know when the test is upcoming so I know when to study and actually get the info in my head than stress about it and get a low grade)

I like learning about History, but not the way it's paced in these classes. I try my best to keep-up (We're taking AP Gov next year...)

Well, in short, I'm in a college-prep school. Its strange how lazy people are getting nowadays, and how overly aggressive or passive others speak... (not all people are like that, and it's fun when I get to know more about others ^-^)

Our teachers are really great though. They don't do boring lectures. They keep us interacting, sometimes even some jokes, and going with the fine learning environment. [This part isn't a thing that annoys me. I like it]

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Feb 27, 07:36:35

I've had many nights (Pacific Time) where I would be the only one that had posted on the Forums. It's kind of funny to me how I have almost a page of posts sometimes in Recent... X3

I would just "walk away" if no one on my Buddy List was on, despite me not even posting much. Too much schoolwork to do! :l

Jenzy

Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Feb 27, 20:25:40
Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Feb 27, 20:17:15
I'm not sure why a lot are saying APUSH is easy.

I find history as an entertaining subject, mainly from the Industrial Era forwards.

Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Feb 27, 20:17:15
I like learning about History, but not the way it's paced in these classes. I try my best to keep-up

I'm not a fan of too quick-paced subjects. I barely learn anything. I still try my best.

Still, it's purely on how the people feel about it. I'm more of a nerdy math, science, video/game and drawing-type of person, and I really don't have much interest when it's just slavery and war all the time. Though it did get a lot more interesting when I finally got to the Roaring 20's with F. Scott Fitzgerald, Jazz, entertainment, etc. 'Course, there were also some past chain of events that were interesting...

My attention span for history just needs a bit of tweaking. X3

Stardust Dragon

My college has a parking lot across the street from campus where a lot of students park.  Unfortunately, many of said students are also dumb and cross the street in single file, holding up a 4-way intersection.  Every morning I find myself wanting to yell at someone, either because I'm trying to pull in because it's got the only parking space left or because I'm trying to let cars that have been waiting for at least a minute go.  Common courtesy: about as common as sense these days...

Prismatic

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Feb 28, 02:15:41
My college has a parking lot across the street from campus where a lot of students park.  Unfortunately, many of said students are also dumb and cross the street in single file, holding up a 4-way intersection.  Every morning I find myself wanting to yell at someone, either because I'm trying to pull in because it's got the only parking space left or because I'm trying to let cars that have been waiting for at least a minute go.  Common courtesy: about as common as sense these days...

Interestingly enough where I go to university/college there is a parking lot and a street that has a stoplight solely for the sake of pedestrian crossing.  It was under construction when I got there and was not working when completed.  Once it was finally repaired a tropical storm took it out and hasn't been back online since.

Persay

I hate it when people jump from behind me scaring me, i don't find it cute.

Ramisha

97 feathers

ninety
SEVEN
WHY?!
Why can't I find the other 3? I can't stand it!! 97! WHYYYY it hurts it BURNS

BlazeyE

Quote from: Persay on 2014 Feb 28, 05:38:51
I hate it when people jump from behind me scaring me, i don't find it cute.

Oh. Man. I can't tell you how many times I've screamed from people jumping up behind me. Broke a nose once. Never did it again.
I sell PR and PR accessories.

Midnight Breeze

Fun Fact: On the average Louisiana summer day the temperature in Fahrenheit is higher than the state median IQ.

Stalephreak

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 28, 12:12:31
Fun Fact: On the average Louisiana summer day the temperature in Fahrenheit is higher than the state median IQ.
  LOL, Some people in Louisiana would take that as a compliment. 
Founding Member of Zero Fox Mercenary Corps
In-Game Name:  Wheel Trouble

Prismatic

That TMPS sensors are sealed units, so when one dies I have to replace the whole sensor.  Makes having it an expensive investment even if they're good for half a decade.

Ramisha

Quote from: Stalephreak on 2014 Feb 28, 12:35:36
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 28, 12:12:31
  LOL, Some people in Louisiana would take that as a compliment.

Hahahahahahaha!

Midnight Breeze

PC-policing on the so called 'fat-shaming' "problem". Come on, people. If you're going to be fat then you're going to get called fat, either grow a thicker skin or put down the Big Mac!

If you ask me obesity should be stigmatized. It's a good thing that being morbidly obese is considered unacceptable because it encourages people to care about their health. If you know you're going to be ridiculed for being too fat then you're probably going to avoid it.

If Mexico, the USA and Venezuela are as fat as we are with fat-shaming then I'd hate to see how fat we'd be without it.

Chishio Kunrin

When people completely miss the point of what others are upset about. Like, right now on Gaia.

People who miss the point: "Oh waaah, you have to spend Gaia Cash to get good skins for the animal avatars, waaah. Stop complaining. Gaia needs money to keep the site running, and if you can't afford to spend real money, then just buy it on the marketplace!"

Excuse me? It's not the fact that it costs cash, it's how much cash it costs! If I want to make my wolf avatar a fox, I have to spend $25. Just for that one item. All it does is change my avatar's color, so it's a fox. Seriously. Or, if I take their advice and save up gold to buy it on the marketplace, hmmmm.. 160 million gold. *Flips a table* And why is it that expensive on the marketplace?! Because it's super expensive and overpriced in the cash shop!

I come from a time on Gaia before they ever started the Cash Shop, back when the only thing you had to spend real money on was the Monthly Collectibles, which only cost $2.50 each! I still carry the belief that I shouldn't have to buy cash items and sell them just to make a decent amount of gold, just so I can have cool stuff!

Besides, this is more like a "This is the last straw" or "Getting real tired of your greed" situation. Every day, we log on to at least 4 announcements that are all about cash items. Some of these announcements are for items that will only be sold for a few days or are being sold in a limited amount of up to 999. Lately, we've encountered quite a few events and minigames that are pretty much Pay-to-Win or Pay-to-Win-Faster. There are cash items that you can win tons of gold from, which only makes the inflation worse. Yes, there's an obnoxious amount of inflation going on, on Gaia.

People are also disappointed because this new update with the animal avatars could have been a perfect gold sink to help fix the inflation. But no, no, Gaia couldn't pass up the chance to milk us for more money.

Yes, they need money to keep the site running, but they don't need to shake us down for excessive amounts of money every chance they get.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stalephreak

Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Feb 28, 15:14:01
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 28, 15:10:51

But no, no, Gaia couldn't pass up the chance to milk us for more money.

Sounds like Wargaming and World of Tanks.
yeah, that's as irritating as a cold sore.  When you think that you can purchase  a brand new, complete console game for $40-50 that you own the ability to play for life, as it was in the "olden days" of gaming, the new model just irritates the death out of me. 

I am all for companies making money, but I recently was in one game where even after I shelled out $35, and most of my friends shelled out hundreds (this company raked in $4M in closed beta alone!), they still haven't been able to finish the game that they promised.  Worst yet is the excuses wear thin on me when the specs sheets come out.  Games used to have to pre-render all the high graphic bits.  It worked and it allowed the games to run on low end machines.  Now most developers are lazy and prefer to let everything render on the user's hardware at the very last minute.  That results in bugs and highly inefficient code (waste of resource).  If I'm shelling out more than $15 in the lifespan in the course of a shovelware game, I'm furious.  I remember gaming before subscriptions and before microtransactions...Guess what, it was good!
Founding Member of Zero Fox Mercenary Corps
In-Game Name:  Wheel Trouble

Prismatic

2014 Feb 28, 19:00:01 #12334 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 28, 19:03:15 by Prismatic
One of the funny but dumb things that irk me is that the freemium model (i.e. Gaia) generates most of its income from the top single digit percentage of the userbase.

That is if I am remembering that correctly, otherwise my annoyance is that I am horrible about remembering things.  X3

QuoteGames used to have to pre-render all the high graphic bits

Like Donkey Kong and Vectorman.  True 3D games are very hard to prerender.

I've had a few games to where some of the cutscenes are done as a prerender just for the sake of allowing anyone to view those cutscenes at a much higher quality (and/or not script them on the end user's machine) and there is either a huge space increase just to store the videos or a loss of quality.

Randam Saiko

Friends who refuse to play a game or watch a show just because the graphics on it aren't 1080p+

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Feb 28, 19:43:26
Friends who refuse to play a game or watch a show just because the graphics on it aren't 1080p+
I know, right?!
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

So, RWBY is an animated web series that's made in anime style. It's being produced in Texas, so of course, it's completely voiced in English.

I've actually seen a few people say that they'll only watch it if someone dubs it in Japanese and then puts English subtitles on it.
:l
I'm not even kidding.

The point of this post: Anime elitists annoy me.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

BlazeyE

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 28, 20:05:05
So, RWBY is an animated web series that's made in anime style. It's being produced in Texas, so of course, it's completely voiced in English.

I've actually seen a few people say that they'll only watch it if someone dubs it in Japanese and then puts English subtitles on it.
:l
I'm not even kidding.

The point of this post: Anime elitists annoy me.

And and it's made by Rooster Teeth. I've met quite a few people (some even from here) that go insane angry at the mention of them.

But yes. They do. Love it so much, go to Japan! I hear American has specials!
I sell PR and PR accessories.

Midnight Breeze

Why does my Steam page always default to German?  >:/

Go Up