Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Our non-manager bookkeeper will be in for a big wake up call if I contact corporate about our non-manager bookkeeper acting like he's the store manager and trying to boss around the managers who by the way, are actual managers.

Also his attitude is starting to aggrevate all the people who come into contact with him....

Also im still sick, slightly worse than before and im having problems with energy and sleep...

Heartless Scarlet

It really annoys me when I try to do serious roleplay and someone comes along with really bad grammar and spelling. They went to English class for a reason and a lot of lessons...

Also, it annoys me when I go to the library to get a book and random punks are just sitting in the library and call me a "try-hard" for liking to actually read.  :I Anyone else know what I'm talking about? :l
~"And that's how Equestria was made!"

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Heartless Scarlet on 2014 Mar 01, 10:38:34
It really annoys me when I try to do serious roleplay and someone comes along with really bad grammar and spelling. They went to English class for a reason and a lot of lessons...

Also, it annoys me when I go to the library to get a book and random punks are just sitting in the library and call me a "try-hard" for liking to actually read.  :I Anyone else know what I'm talking about? :l
Yes I do! Okay, this may sound mean, but it just plain bugs the crud out of me when people use bad spelling and grammar when I can tell they could use good grammar/spelling if they wanted to. And I'm talking about when they use text talk and stuff, terrible grammar alongside it, I mean seriously, get serious.
I'm back

Heartless Scarlet

Exactly!!  :s People could use good grammar if they wanted to, but they're just being lazy I guess.
~"And that's how Equestria was made!"

Stalephreak

People who throw the word "try hard" around as an insult.  I landed my first professional gig when I was 16, was in the nation's top choir the year I graduated,.  I've got a store of my own that's fairly successful in a market where it shouldn't be...  Darn straight I try hard, it's why I've been successful.  If you're not trying when you're at work, you're going to get promoted quickly...TO CUSTOMER.
Founding Member of Zero Fox Mercenary Corps
In-Game Name:  Wheel Trouble

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Stalephreak on 2014 Mar 01, 12:28:03
People who throw the word "try hard" around as an insult.

That's two words, lulz.  :]

Stalephreak

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 01, 12:29:10

That's part of what makes it annoying!  It's tossed like it's one word (I guess it's hyphenated in their head).

Stalephreak

Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Mar 01, 14:34:24
Quote from: Stalephreak on 2014 Mar 01, 12:30:52
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 01, 12:29:10

That's part of what makes it annoying!  It's tossed like it's one word (I guess it's hyphenated in their head).

To be fair... I've never heard that as an insult.

Noun[edit]

try-hard (plural try-hards)
1.(derogatory) A person usually of little talent who tries hard, especially through imitation, to succeed, usually to gain fame or popularity.

Jenzy

"Try-hard" in my group of friends at school is really just used as a fake insult. Especially for those who do an outstanding job on their work. It's never to be taken seriously. Though, if it's something like that, it's probably pretty annoying. :s

People in chats too lazy to capitalize their letters, spell a word properly, or just respond "cool" whenever you show them something like something you worked on or some great thing you really wanted to show them.

Not sure why people get so lazy and not take their time looking at how they message. :\

Those who take forever to respond also get kind of annoying. Especially when oneself expects to wait for a few minutes to reply, then message again, getting the response "sorry, got distracted." I can take on watching a video, while messaging. Or warn them that I'm doing stuff before I leave to not leave them hanging...

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Mar 01, 20:37:46 #12349 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 02, 02:43:56 by Chishio Kunrin
I'm still annoyed that the only pharmacy in my city that actually has competent employees is the local-run business. All of the chain business pharmacies that we've tried have been horribly incompetent.

Honestly, if you're going to work in a field where other people's health is on the line, you better actually try to be good at your job and make absolutely sure they're going to get the medication they need. You can't tell someone who's on diabetes medication that "Oh, we didn't call in your prescription yet, so you're going to have to wait a few days" or something like that, when they go in on the day you're supposed to have their medication ready to be refilled! It doesn't even matter what medicine it is, you should have it ready for your customers to take home! It's not like you're late on having their new hat or something. You're late on having something that affects their health and their life! If you're going to be lazy and incompetent, you should quit or be fired.

*Cough* Serious rant is serious. X3

Post Merge

Coloring sets that only give you two or four colors of markers!
LIKE THIS

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

MrEmu

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Mar 01, 20:37:46

Post Merge

Coloring sets that only give you two or four colors of markers!
LIKE THIS

Why is Rainbow Dash covered in tattoos?  o.O

Midnight Breeze

Are they ever going to demolish this horrifying building? By God, it looks like a comic book supervillain HQ!

Ramisha

oh my god it looks so awesome why would you want that demolished

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 02, 04:06:28

Are they ever going to demolish this horrifying building? By God, it looks like a comic book supervillain HQ!

It looks like something from a sci-fi video game! O:
Also, is that smog? :x

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stalephreak

I like the evil villain look... ;)

Julius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Mar 02, 09:21:26

It looks like something from a sci-fi video game! O:
Also, is that smog? :x

I kinda want to go in there to kick villain Butts. lol
Purr~

Midnight Breeze

The only way it could get more hilarious is if North Korea made it their capital building.

Fitting!

MrEmu

Call me a derp buuut, what is that anyways? from the replies I'm GUESSING it's in NK, but I'm derping! :o

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Mar 02, 21:27:21
Call me a derp buuut, what is that anyways? from the replies I'm GUESSING it's in NK, but I'm derping! :o

Just Google "worst building in the world".

No kidding.

MrEmu

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 02, 21:30:58
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Mar 02, 21:27:21

Just Google "worst building in the world".

No kidding.
*Googles*
...oh my...

Go Up