How far do you think MLP:FIM will make it?

Started by Des Monty, 2012 May 16, 02:23:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Spirit!

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 May 16, 08:07:03
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 May 16, 06:10:22

aka until all the brony dies!
And they won't! I'm going to call all my kids fluttershy!
Nan, just kidding, just one and the others will be called by background characters.

Something popped in my head that would happen  lol

You: Fluttershy, come on!
Fluttershy: But there are kids out there!
You: There your sisters and brothers  :l
Fluttershy: But they're older than me!   >.<
You: Derpy! Scootaloo! Big Macintosh! Where are you?!
Derpy: Derp Derp  :P
Scootaloo: Thats not how you call a chicken!
You:  :l
Big Macintosh: Eeyup
You:  :l

Me:  lol

not really active on here

Link

That's so full of win, I don't know where to start... lol
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BronyTimelord

I personally think because of the growing pony fan community It could last a long time, well if it doesn't degrade in quality

Repor Fixup

2012 Jul 16, 01:31:52 #83 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 16, 01:33:26 by Repor Fixup
I'll take the advice of some of the posts and say: I hope it lasts for only 4 Seasons!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the show! It has great graphics, beautiful environment, a big variety of character personalities, tons of references, and awesome stories (For the most part)! And thanks to the fan base, it just makes the show even more interesting to watch! But that's why I want it to end this soon. The show has to end while it's still good, rather than when it's played out. I want them to quit while their still ahead, and stop before they embarrass themselves. Although the show will be missed, wouldn't you want to remember it as a once in a life time epic event, rather than something that people will start to hate and troll because of how played out or bad it is? I don't know about you guys, but I sure would.
Thanks for the drawing, Tiger.

I love to fly around and fix things with my hammer.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Repor Fixup on 2012 Jul 16, 01:31:52
I'll take the advice of some of the posts and say: I hope it lasts for only 4 Seasons!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the show! It has great graphics, beautiful environment, a big variety of character personalities, tons of references, and awesome stories (For the most part)! And thanks to the fan base, it just makes the show even more interesting to watch! But that's why I want it to end this soon. The show has to end while it's still good, rather than when it's played out. I want them to quit while their still ahead, and stop before they embarrass themselves. Although the show will be missed, wouldn't you want to remember it as a once in a life time epic event, rather than something that people will start to hate and troll because of how played out or bad it is? I don't know about you guys, but I sure would.
Thats no reason at all:
1.If the shows ratings drop hasbro will close it as fast as they can making only one bad episode.
2.How do you know it will turn out bad?Aslong as it has the people who worked on old fashion shows this one will rock.
3.It will increase the troll rate everyone will say:Hah we knew you bronies wouldn't last.
5.We would have to live without my little pony because some of us fear it may lose its touch.
6.We will remember the good times if it turned bad anyway.
7.The brony group will be disbanded without a show to stand on .
8.We will have nothing peaceful we will have to watch explosions ,and guns all the time for entertainment.
9.Whats to gain?Nothing even if the show turns bad its not like we will hate it completely for it unless it was another series like a G5.
10.even if it ends bad hasbro learned what to do with a franchise they will just do the same with a G5.
11.Seriously?Who cares when it ends we will get more good episodes before that happens ,and I doubt that will happen anyway.
12.Everything we worked on ends.LoE ,fansites ,bronycon ,canterlot gardens everything will have no base it will all colapse.
13.Whats to gain?Having a no bad episode streak?Its not like anyone will care because it will end ,and they will forget it.
14.It can be remembered for many good things ,and a few bad things instead a few good things ,and no bad things.
15.The haters will celebrate trolling us saying see you're stupid show has bad ratings it ended fast.

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Julius

Purr~

Firefly

well if I throw away my discussion sense now, I'd say no, Hasbro will not stop the series.

because if they did they'd be initiating the biggest riot in history  ovO ovO
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Pastor Fair Ian

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 May 16, 08:34:40
It's already submitted that Season 3 will have 13 episodes. And what comes to my mind, is that s3 is the last one. Because... it's easy to deduct: Season 1 & 2 both had 26 episodes. And if it's said that S3 is going to have only 13 episodes, then it looks like an end of MLP:FiM to me...

But a small part of me says that MLP:FiM Season 4 with more than 10 episodes will be the last.

If the DVD sales stay strong (as they are in Australia), then Hasbro might support an MLP:FIM revival. As always, companies will see it in pure $ and cents - if there's a high enough profit, they'll continue, if not they won't. Then again, if they decide to stop, it'd be awesome if they made the characters, etc all creative commons. I wouldn't care if they stopped after season 3 provided the fan fics/animations could continue FOREVER, and completely legally :) Admittedly, there'd be no more cannon, unless Lauren set up an MLP:FIM approval blog, or something :P

Then again, there's plenty of fan fic for the writers to trawl for story ideas; certainly already enough for several more seasons :)
Celestia's Blessings upon you.

Julius

Quote from: Pastor Fair Ian on 2012 Jul 30, 07:46:10
Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 May 16, 08:34:40
It's already submitted that Season 3 will have 13 episodes. And what comes to my mind, is that s3 is the last one. Because... it's easy to deduct: Season 1 & 2 both had 26 episodes. And if it's said that S3 is going to have only 13 episodes, then it looks like an end of MLP:FiM to me...

But a small part of me says that MLP:FiM Season 4 with more than 10 episodes will be the last.

If the DVD sales stay strong (as they are in Australia), then Hasbro might support an MLP:FIM revival. As always, companies will see it in pure $ and cents - if there's a high enough profit, they'll continue, if not they won't. Then again, if they decide to stop, it'd be awesome if they made the characters, etc all creative commons. I wouldn't care if they stopped after season 3 provided the fan fics/animations could continue FOREVER, and completely legally :) Admittedly, there'd be no more cannon, unless Lauren set up an MLP:FIM approval blog, or something :P

Then again, there's plenty of fan fic for the writers to trawl for story ideas; certainly already enough for several more seasons :)

Buuut... As others have said in this very thread, there's also the possibility that only 13 have been CONFIRMED, not that there will only be 13. Also, there's a chance it'll just be a shorter season, like others mentioned.

Stay positive My Little Ponies!  ^-^
Purr~

Link

I hope it's not only 13 episodes...that's not a good number to have... X3
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

Quote from: Link on 2012 Jul 31, 11:05:58

There was a post on EQD that confirmed it.Season 3 will be 13 episodes.

Link

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jul 31, 11:09:26
Quote from: Link on 2012 Jul 31, 11:05:58

There was a post on EQD that confirmed it.Season 3 will be 13 episodes.

Well that's lame.  :l
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

Book Smarts

What if they're doing a 16 episode season 3, and then following it up with a 16 episode season 4 with less downtime in between?
:/

Julius

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 31, 21:40:49
What if they're doing a 16 episode season 3, and then following it up with a 16 episode season 4 with less downtime in between?
:/

I like the way you think, Mr.
Purr~

Night Pony

Or maybe they made season 3 shorter so they could make season 4 even longer.  ovO

Book Smarts

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Aug 01, 07:27:43
Or maybe they made season 3 shorter so they could make season 4 even longer.  ovO

That will work too  :D

Tara

26 episodes in one season is a huge amount for any show. Especially for a show that is now trying to have great musical numbers that I would personally expect from a movie. Keep in mind that quite a few shows have a lot less episodes per season. Like for example, The Walking Dead which is also a huge hit. Thirteen episodes for a season is plenty as far as I'm concerned.   ^-^ Especially because with less episodes, the staff can focus more on quality rather than quantity.

The show has such a huge following that unless it's just some fad that's going to die down (which is sadly possible), I'd say it can easily last another 8 seasons at this rate. But that's assuming that the show's quality wont start to die down.
I have no idea what the cutie mark of my ponysona should be yet, because in the real world I still have no idea what my passion is. :P

Go Up