Might as well remind everyone about Lary (with an updated Cutie Mark).

Started by Lary, 2012 May 11, 19:14:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lary

I haven't had a decent Roleplay in a very, very long time. I'm not fond of posting in the Roleplay topics due to them being... not real-time. In other words, it's slower. Regardless, that's not why I'm posting this. I'm posting this so everyone can remember what Lary, as an OC, really was.

------------------------------------

Name: Lary
Sex: Male (Has been mistaken for female by some. See: Backstory)
Species: Pegasus
Coat Color: A very solid green.
Mane Color: A deep blue.
Tail Color: A rather light blue.
Eye Color: Yellow. As all of his kind.
Cutie Mark: A psychedelic circle, representing total unity. It was, at one point, a small flame (see: Backstory).
Family: N/A
Personality: His personality is very sporadic. He can be the happiest pony in the world one minute, and then be severely depressed the next. This could be due to his entire existence (see: Backstory).
Also, he likes nurse outfits. But not in the way that you'd think.

Backstory:  Lary was not born a normal pony. He was once, and may still be considered one, a Life-Long named Larson. A Life-Long is a pony who has practiced the special magic of "fusion", which allowed two ponies to join together as one. Doing so will result in many changes; Along with the aging process heavily slowed down and any and all diseases cured with the fusion, the ponies' personalities become intertwined, their colors blend, their knowledge brought together, their strengths and weaknesses mesh, and the pony which is the result of the fusion has their Cutie Mark corrupted. The Cutie Mark becomes a unique color pattern in the shape of a circle (representing unity), which is what Lary has obtained after doing so. As massive use of the spell can lead ponies to look exactly alike, their Cutie Mark is what makes them distinguishable from one another - each having their own color pattern. The one casting the fusion spell would have their soul take control of the final result. As for the other soul that was involved with the fusion...

A long time ago, a forbidden tome was discovered underground that taught the reader how to perfect the magic of fusion. This was quickly made public, and ponies began to selfishly use the magic on other's, which lead to many ponies suffering cruel fates. The princesses soon took action and forebode any and all use of said magic, and had the tome destroyed. This did not stop the ponies from continuing to use the magic, so the sunlight and the moonlight were reinforced to evaporate anypony that had destroyed others' souls through use of the magic. This lead the ponies that refused to stop practicing the magic to create their own dimensional space in the middle of a dense forest, where no normal pony would find them and no sunlight or moonlight to bring harm to them.

These ponies were known as the Life-Longs. They prolonged their lives through the fusion magic. Of course, this did have it's faults. Too many personalities and colors meshed together brought them down to a level just above a living zombie. Although they were knowledgeable, they barely had any kind of "life" in them. There were exceptions, however. As the Life-Longs had foals, only -some- of the genes passed on, giving them slightly more life than their parents... until they themselves started to fuse with other ponies.

Spoiler: Larson • show
]

One of those foals was Larson. He spent most of his life in the space with the Life-Longs, not knowing about the magic of fusion until he saw it before his very eyes - his father fused with his mother right in front of him. Afraid that would happen to him, he escaped the magical space and into the world of Equestria - not knowing the sunlight would be his doom. As he flew out, the sun hit him like a fiery grill. He didn't know the sun would eventually kill him in seconds. As he crawled toward a lake a mint colored Unicorn found him and, not knowing who he was, tried to help him. As she grabbed onto him, he performed the fusion spell on her, resulting in a green-colored pegasus which has become immune to the sun's deadly rays.

Spoiler: You may want to kill me. • show

The unicorn in question.

With his newfound freedom, he felt immense guilt. The fused pony refused to let the unicorn's soul die out. Through careful communication, the two souls interacted with one another, and agreed to share the new inhabited body with a new name: Lary (sounds a bit more masculine, but it retains all the letters in 'Lyra').

For the longest time, Lary wandered Equestria in complete distress. He didn't know where to go or what to do. He was completely lost. That is, until he found another Pegasus who was just as lost as he was. Her name was Alesti Ward. They became fast friends and travel companions, and became rather intimate with each other. One day on one of their adventures across Equestria, she was lost in a lab accident while being held captive by a mad scientist. Lary still blames himself for what happened. In order to cover up what really happened, he brings up the same lie every time he's asked about her: She went missing without a trace one day, and hasn't been seen since.

Soon after losing her, he went into hiding. While guilt tripping himself, he took up medical studies in private. He never received any kind of certification, but he illegally practiced on hospitalized patients. Almost all of them woke up the next day as healthy as ever. He became known in the back alleys of Equestria. With his medical expertise, he could have become very famous had it not been for his curse of being a Life-Long; it was something the Princesses would never allow.

A few days after his most hated holiday, Heart & Hooves day, he met Moonbeam, a frail but beautiful pegasus. They eventually became intimate as well, and Lary felt happy for the first time in a very long time. She cannot fly, which is most unfortunate, but he's determined to teach her in any way possible. Despite them getting to know each other and opening up to her, he still holds one deep and powerful secret that he intends to keep to his grave...

------------------------------------

Far more detailed than my previous writing on the other website. I said I was never good at writing backstory. I'm sure to get flamed for some "mary-sue OC nonsense" or "contradictory backstory" somewhere. There's also the fact that my story technically "kills" Lyra, which some will hate me for.

But yeah. Do your worst.  :l
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Cutiebone

I've never read this before... it's really cool :3

Wow I'm so late >.<
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

PrincessParfait

I really like your OC  :3
Unique backstory and personality.
I can never tell how Lary gonna act

Vick McBread

Strange (sorry about this) never really seen you in your happy state of mind.
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Lary

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jun 08, 16:14:02

Never had much reason to be happy, really.

Morgan Sententia

I love, your back story Lary. It's very unique and different. My character (Or me) is almost the same but different perspective. Am working on my comic about it aswell, still a long process.  -_-

I read some of your rolplaying here in loe. I love that it brought me into tears, pity, and addiction. You've have my respect Lary. I hope to roleplay with you someday. =)

PrincessButton

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 08, 17:07:24
Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jun 08, 16:14:02

Never had much reason to be happy, really.

I'll give you a reason to be happy..  :D :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Blues-Music

Did it have to be Lyra  :'(

Good O.C idea though I never thought of fusion in ponies.

Lary

Rad Thunder

Lary

Hiroshi Goukyo

Now that you've found me,
My whole world is brighter
Now that you've touched me
My steps are much lighter

Rad Thunder

Hiroshi Goukyo

Now that you've found me,
My whole world is brighter
Now that you've touched me
My steps are much lighter

Rad Thunder