previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Randam Saiko

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Rush of MLP

Ooh! Is it finally time to start?

Randam Saiko

The Sign up has reached the required amount of players. Now, we wait for Checkmate to start us off.

My OCs

Rush of MLP

Alright. Are there any Equestria "exclusive" time laws that one would know before starting this journey?

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Rush of MLP on 2014 Nov 05, 19:17:04
Alright. Are there any Equestria "exclusive" time laws that one would know before starting this journey?

A few:

• If the repair pony's past self is in a broken timeline, they are to never notice each others' presence.

• If the repair attempt has failed, the Time Keeper may hit restart, but each time it's restarted, the changes in the timeline become more drastic.

• When entering a new timeline, no souvenirs may be brought.

My OCs

Rush of MLP

So with the first rule, neither of the repair pony can notice the other, or is just the past one that can't notice the present one?

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Rush of MLP on 2014 Nov 05, 19:50:07
So with the first rule, neither of the repair pony can notice the other, or is just the past one that can't notice the present one?

The past one is to never notice the repair pony. If it is to happen, a rewind is mandatory immediately.

My OCs

Rush of MLP

Ah. Gotcha. Does seeing a brief glimpse count? Like if the past one is looking in one direction and happens to see the present one in their peripheral and turns as they move just out of their line of sight, would it count as an immediate rewind, or would it have to be a face-to-face encounter?

Sorry if these questions are irritating you; I'm just trying to learn as much as possible before the roleplay kicks off.

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Rush of MLP on 2014 Nov 05, 20:00:02
Ah. Gotcha. Does seeing a brief glimpse count? Like if the past one is looking in one direction and happens to see the present one in their peripheral and turns as they move just out of their line of sight, would it count as an immediate rewind, or would it have to be a face-to-face encounter?

Sorry if these questions are irritating you; I'm just trying to learn as much as possible before the roleplay kicks off.

A rewind will only happen when the past realizes that the repair is them. So just by passing each other without them getting the thought of, "Hm..that guy looked familiar..." won't cause a rewind. But if they notice, "Did...did I just walk past myself?" will cause a rewind.

And don't worry about the questions. I'd be more than happy to answer anymore you have.

My OCs

Rush of MLP

Alright. That makes a lot of sense. So it's a "we-don't-want-the-repair-pony-to-accidentally-fracture-their-own-timeline" sort of thing.

Hm... And it is alright to come into direct contact with the past self of the pony whose timeline the repair pony is fixing?

Randam Saiko

Yes. That is most likely how a majority of the repairs are going to work (depending on how the current story controller  has it set up). It is possible to make contact with them without causing damage.

My OCs

Rush of MLP

Ok.

Do talents work as they would normally in the past as they would in the present?

Randam Saiko

For the repair pony: Yes.

For the subject: Depends on how the controller runs the story.

My OCs

Rush of MLP

I see. With this rule active, since Rush's talent is illusion magic, Rush could very easily avoid the rule of not being seen by one's past self. I suppose that's a good thing, though.

Omega_Khaos

Well, am just wandering...are we waiting for the first broken timeline to start their story.

Randam Saiko

Currently, yes. However, if it has not started within 2 weeks of the launch date, he'll be skipped and we'll move onto the next one.

My OCs

Omega_Khaos

To be honest, Rush seams to live up to his name a bit. A question I would have asked myself is: why did his body give out? I would also ask: why at that important moment? I would have also asked: Wasn't he a healthy young colt when this was supposed to have happened? I guess answering some questions will get some new ones that need answering.

Randam Saiko

CloudWilk, is Abstract a part of Checkmate's past? At the moment, Rush is going through Checkmate's timeline. If Abstract is a part of it, then I will need confirmation or approval from Checkmate. If not, then please remain patient until the RP has reached your character. As a reminder, the order of timelines is from first to last to sign-up.

My OCs

Omega_Khaos

I have two big questions.

1)This one if for both the repair pony and the timeline's player(This is for both checkmate's and abstract's timelines.): May I act as a part of your timeline?

2) If I can be allowed to be apart of the broken timeline's past, May I act as if My timeline isn't broken. (This one is a question pertaining to, IF a broken timeline is apart of other broken timelines, May I chose to act as the original time line or do I have to act as my broken timeline version?) If can act as original, then that helps out the repair pony.

I ask because it would help the repair pony repair other broken timelines by having more info on the original timeline before entering that broken timeline.

It would also allow other players of broken timelines to help out, even if they don't realize it, by helping him repair the timeline by giving info that pertains to the broken timeline itself. It can also be a way of helping the story progress.

Ok to help ya decide I was planing a canterlot portion for Midnight as she attempts to join the lunar guard. it also helps me get a barring of when the broken timeline starts. (this is if can act as per original timeline in another's Broken timeline.)

For the canterlot trip by midnight I was going to have her as 16. A year before the repair pony's appearance in the broken timeline for her. This would also be about a few days to weeks before she would have become friends with the repair pony.

if am allowed, She probably would have heard about the guard incident and its related even. (That would be decided by checkmate. it would also be decided by checkmate how much about the guard incident she knows.)

All of this is if she is normal in other's broken timelines. not using her broken timeline. (it goes on the bases that a timeline is fully broken after one is fixed. but if broken timelines happen at same time then It would help Rush's chara know more about the broken timelines to come. Even if he doesn't know it yet.)

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2014 Nov 26, 23:23:50
I have two big questions.

1)This one if for both the repair pony and the timeline's player(This is for both checkmate's and abstract's timelines.): May I act as a part of your timeline?

With approval from the player(s).

2) If I can be allowed to be apart of the broken timeline's past, May I act as if My timeline isn't broken. (This one is a question pertaining to, IF a broken timeline is apart of other broken timelines, May I chose to act as the original time line or do I have to act as my broken timeline version?) If can act as original, then that helps out the repair pony.

It depends on which period of the past's in. For example, the repair pony is fixing the timeline of OC A. At that point in time, OC B has not yet experienced the change in their own timeline, so they're the same at the moment and the repair pony could kill two birds with one stone. But if OC B's changed event has already occurred, then the repair pony must fix that seperately. 

I ask because it would help the repair pony repair other broken timelines by having more info on the original timeline before entering that broken timeline.

It would also allow other players of broken timelines to help out, even if they don't realize it, by helping him repair the timeline by giving info that pertains to the broken timeline itself. It can also be a way of helping the story progress.

Ok to help ya decide I was planing a canterlot portion for Midnight as she attempts to join the lunar guard. it also helps me get a barring of when the broken timeline starts. (this is if can act as per original timeline in another's Broken timeline.)

For the canterlot trip by midnight I was going to have her as 16. A year before the repair pony's appearance in the broken timeline for her. This would also be about a few days to weeks before she would have become friends with the repair pony.

if am allowed, She probably would have heard about the guard incident and its related even. (That would be decided by checkmate. it would also be decided by checkmate how much about the guard incident she knows.)

All of this is if she is normal in other's broken timelines. not using her broken timeline. (it goes on the bases that a timeline is fully broken after one is fixed. but if broken timelines happen at same time then It would help Rush's chara know more about the broken timelines to come. Even if he doesn't know it yet.)

My OCs

Go Up