Pony Cosmology: Re-Creation OOC

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Apr 13, 08:36:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

I'm going to step in and say that, at least to me, Bees are linked with Honey, and with a Hive.  If he went and made a giant Hive Planet inside his personal Realm, I'd be fine with that.  He just probably shouldn't try doing that in Creation Proper without the permission and help of a few other Gods, to avoid upsetting the balance of nature.  His Realm is subordinate to Food, Souls(?), Nature.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Night Pony

By that logic then I should be able to create any undead creature no matter if there are earthly remains...I could just make them right? And since Souls and undeath are linked to Death I should be able to stop anything from dying no matter what happens to him/her.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Link

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Dec 05, 13:10:44
By that logic then I should be able to create any undead creature no matter if there are earthly remains...I could just make them right? And since Souls and undeath are linked to Death I should be able to stop anything from dying no matter what happens to him/her.

Logically, yes, you could prevent a soul from leaving the body of a dead thing. In my opinion anyway.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

Quote from: Link on 2013 Dec 05, 13:13:43

Logically, yes, you could prevent a soul from leaving the body of a dead thing. In my opinion anyway.

I'm not talking about the soul, I'm talking about keeping said creature alive with body and everything even if he jumps from a very high cliff.

Link

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Dec 05, 13:15:20
Quote from: Link on 2013 Dec 05, 13:13:43

I'm not talking about the soul, I'm talking about keeping said creature alive with body and everything even if he jumps from a very high cliff.

Well, the body would be splattered and broken, but you could keep their soul in the body, I would think, keeping them "alive", albeit in eternal agony....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

Then it would be undead if I keep the soul. Not technically alive is it?

Link

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

Following the same logic you, as a time god, should be able to make clocks and other time related things out of nothing. But aren't clocks part of the technology realm? What right do you have in making something you have no power of doing and that's in the realm of another pony entirely?

Link

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Dec 05, 13:39:23
Following the same logic you, as a time god, should be able to make clocks and other time related things out of nothing. But aren't clocks part of the technology realm? What right do you have in making something you have no power of doing and that's in the realm of another pony entirely?

Time itself and time pieces are entirely different things. Time itself is hardly so simple as a material thing. Indirectly speaking, time is capable of manipulating and controlling all aspects of creation within cosmology. With time, I could undo anything and everything on a whim, or completely rewrite things. However, I'm here to keep peace and resolve conflicts, not create havoc. Despite it's inter-twining and its complexities, time can be an orderly thing. That's who I am. And that's why I'm here.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

The analogy is the same. Creating something that is common with your realm but not under it. Can you or can you not make clocks as the time god?

Link

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Dec 05, 13:47:31
The analogy is the same. Creating something that is common with your realm but not under it. Can you or can you not make clocks as the time god?

Of course not. That's like saying that as a god of undeath or souls, you can make gravestones, or a funeral procession out of thin air. There are things that are obviously closely associated with X realm, and there are things that aren't.

For example, you should be able to create ghosts or spirits, but not a tombstone or a funeral procession.

Also, I believe Magus has already given somewhat of a verdict on this subject anyway.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

Then why are you saying that a bee god (that controls animals/is from the animal part of nature) can create hives (which is from the plant part of nature/food). You just contradicted yourself.

The Wandering Magus

bees are already under Nature, and I guess technically Souls since they're alive.  I'm inclined to say he's also linked with Honey, which would likewise be a subordinate to Food.  I just don't think a Hive Planet out of nowhere is a good idea without serious help from the other gods.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Link

I just used a planet as an example - the actual case in hand is that our new bee god wanted to make a hive for his bees to live in; a normal, small, bee hive. And according to Night Pony, that's out of his realm of power.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Night Pony

Quote from: Link on 2013 Dec 05, 14:06:05
I just used a planet as an example - the actual case in hand is that our new bee god wanted to make a hive for his bees to live in; a normal, small, bee hive. And according to Night Pony, that's out of his realm of power.

He can as long as the bees make it via the natural order rather than *poof* there's the hive.

SuperNovaNightmare

Ok, I'm basing my god off of the REAL god of bees, Ah Muzen Cab. I realize that being the god of bees would sound like he can control bees and thats it, but in reality, it is ALL THINGS RELATED to bees. If he needs beeswax to make a hive, the vast majority of bee powers, as well as bees, would allow him to make small beehives almost instantaneously. If he wanted honey, same thing, which is how he launches honey out of his other hoof (or hand in true form).

Now, about the controlling them, it is through impulse commands, similar to a queen's orders, in which they are driven to perform a task. The impulse only needs to be sent out once, for the impulse will direct them, and continue to make them perform the task, untill a new impulse is received.

There is many ways he his looked at, but the only form that can be seen in action is from the game SMITE. They do research on whichever god they plan on creating, so they look at many forms of which Ah Muzen Cab is portrayed, and then set what he can do accordingly.

They have set his powers to do the following:

Create a beehive (with beeswax, of  course) almost instantly, size being regular.

Spray out a large amount of honey from his  left hand.

Unleash a swarm of angry bees from his left arm.

Can fire small stingers, and enlarge one to massive proportions and fire that off as well.

Now, before someone says that "that is way to OP..." or something along the lines of that, you have to remember that he is the God of Bees, nothing more, nothing less. His powers are bee related entirely, so whatever a bee can do, he can do. Oh course whith him being a god, he can do a little bit more, but still along the lines of bees.

I do not wish to start a big argument, just wanted to explain him, and relate him to my character.

GalvinRoe

2013 Dec 05, 15:18:20 #1956 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 05, 15:21:52 by GalvinRoe
Honestly, the concept of gods always makes me think along the lines of 'omnipotent through that specific concept.' I can see the god of air being able to do everything . . . and the god of bees being able to do everything any-other-god can do, just in a more round about and theoretical way. After-all the fluttering of an infinite number of bees is sure to cause the end of planets.

God powers right? one only needs to be creative enough to come up with 'different' powers. It's not like there are any-limits, really . . . since ya'll are supposed to be literal gods. Only consequences. . . ohhh consequences.

BUT, I'm not even IN this thread anymore. It is nice stopping in and hearing from you fellows ^^, and I hope all yall enjoy your Thursday.

Night Pony

I'm done with this argument. I'll just say this, I will include powers to Night if there's similar adding with another god. In other words...if your empower yourself I will empower myself too.

The Wandering Magus

Hey, everygod's omnipotent in Their respective realms, I think I already established this in the R&I thread.  That's why You're called GODS and GODDESSES, eh?  Descend from the sky and smite all who oppose Thee?  Larger than mountains, with the stars spelling Your name?  Accepting the terrified prayers and sacrifices and offerings of mortals?

That's also why there's a no-touching clause, and why Ragnarokr meant the end of the universe last time.  'Cause, you know, Gods.

There's no such thing as "Godmodding" as long as You stick to Your realm, because You're already Gods by default.  You're omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, show up anywhere You like in Creation just by thinking about it, walk through walls, defy the laws of physics, smite mortals, speak with a mighty voice like rushing waters, immortal, indescribable, uncontainable, with mortals falling awestruck to their knees and humbly proclaiming that You are amazing.  Comes with the job.

Of course, all that means nothing to Your fellow god, since, You know, Gods.

Voidwalker

2013 Dec 05, 19:01:01 #1959 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 07, 20:18:54 by Voidwalker
Why not just change the realm from bees to apiology?
Then the realm would cover hives, honey, bees and other bee-related objects.

Maybe a little more ionization on the wings... Aaack!
Here are my OCs

Go Up